Fovos

Please give me info.

Hello guys and girls,

lately im watching lots of videos on youtube with dayz. Kinda liking this game so far by the looks. I mostly play fps games and especially BF series. I like the dayz concept but im trying to figure out, what do i need for this game?. I understand it is a mod of ARMA 3 yes? So how im i proceeding to play this game. On steam they have dayz standalone for something euros, so can i purchase this alone? do i need to buy arma 3 first? All these different game plays are different mods or different modes?

It may be sounds stupid to some experience players but i couldn't find any solid information about, or i didn't check to the right place.

Any help would be much appreciated 

There is Dayz Standalone and you can buy it on steam (you dont need arma 3 for playing it). There are also dayz mods for arma3 and arma 2. To play mods you need to buy a game (arma 2 or arma 3)

• Like 1

No, it was a mod for ARMA 2, which is still going strong, and then there's Stand Alone, which is in early access. The mod is mostly fleshed out, with other maps and game mods, Stand Alone is still in development, with new versions coming out about once a month, you can also opt. into the experimental branch, where you try features of the new version for stable before it hits the servers. so you have options.

• Like 2

^ this

You can buy DayZ Standalone on steam and play it once it downloads.  Keep in mind it is a WIP.

• Like 1

oh ok cool. So it is a total different game. Though is a wip doesn't seem this bad.....is it? i mean i saw some glitches on those youtube videos but what about in actual game, is it this bad in order not to get it or is worth playing the game in glitches are not this bad. 

oh ok cool. So it is a total different game. Though is a wip doesn't seem this bad.....is it? i mean i saw some glitches on those youtube videos but what about in actual game, is it this bad in order not to get it or is worth playing the game in glitches are not this bad. 

Standalone has some glitches minor to major, some stuff just plain not done yet but it's coming along nicely as far as I'm concerned. If they stick to the road map for development it's going to be a time intensive long game not an instant gratification shooter like depicted in a lot of the youtube videos. I'm playing because I like the long tedious games with consequences, have an interest in the development, and want to fully understand all the features and mechanics by the time it gets to release. 

• Like 2

If you get it now, it should be to participate in the testing and development process.   

This is what you have to click on every single time you "play" DayZ during it's development.  

dayzDisclaimer1.jpg

If that doesnt sound appealing, don't buy it. Wait for it to be released.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 3

Very useful information guys, good to get an input from people that actually playing. Sounds that it still needs work but  i think is worth the try, the whole strategy and long games along with team work sounds very appealing to me. I think im going to give it a try. Thank you for the information guys. See you out there.

• Like 2