Sign in to follow this  
BudofDeath

Can i use the M4

Earlier I joined a high pop and saw a dude with an M4 and shot him can i use this gun or is it off limits and hacked in? or am i free to start killing with it?

Listen to me buddy. The guy you got the m4 from for sure stole it from someone else. The right thing to do is asking people you meet if its theirs and return it to the original owner. Thats what a true hero whould do.

• Like 2

There is neither a satisfying explanation nor statement on these issues, in fact there is no evidence that contradicts with what I claim, literally, other than Brian Hicks tweet.

If you look at it from this perspective there is also no evidence that contradicts pink elephants running around in Chernarus.

Now on the other side the tweet merely says "they should be spawning". It's entirely possible that a rare item actually can spawn but simply did not - of course thats very unlikely. Maybe both are right and M4s do spawn but only in extremely low numbers and most of the ones you will find are actually duped ones.

As an experienced M4 and crash site person, I have a lot of sympathy for jayfkay on this. The fact that 'all' those in circulation have OEM stocks and MP handguards (or no handguard at all) makes me equally suspicious.

Is it possible that one or two spawned at the beginning of the patch, but then didn't - perhaps thanks to some cumulative probability effect - rather than none at all? Or that the probabilities are simply so vanishingly low that only one or two have spawned (and actually been found) in this patch?

Also, thinking gambler's fallacy here.

• Like 1

in patch 0.54 one of them restarted his server 5h a day for an entire week until he finally found the PM Rak.

Then report the server owner.

Stop spamming the Forums with your M4 tears,it is not a game breaker.

• Like 5