northofnowhere

Hive / Servers temporarily out of order.

If I, and everyone in our community, am to be believed, it appears that anytime you log into a public hive server, your character is not preserved.  That is presuming you can get into a server, they are acting pretty flaky when you try to log in at all.  Is there any notices or something I missed.  I guess I am just wondering how long it will go one before some sort of announcement or mention of it.  Or perhaps I am going crazy.  Honestly I am surprised no one asked what is up sooner here.

• Like 3

I got on tonight and my character was wiped.

This just a big or legit wipe?

Confirmed, logged onto both public and private servers in which neither preserved my character as well.

I got on tonight and my character was wiped.

This just a big or legit wipe?

Merged.

The data base is having some troubles at this time, the situation is being worked on as I write.

Please be patient.

• Like 2

Patience is fine.  Can someone hold my hand through my time of need though?  It would mean a lot to me.

Nah you're not alone man, earlier when I logged into a public server, I was a fresh spawn and I had a decent amount of gear just the night before. Same thing on the private servers. So I just started gearing up again but half the time, you couldn't interact with the loot you were trying to pick up. Couldn't get rid of any loot either. Started rubberbanding like crazy so I quickly relogged onto that server and what little gear I had just picked up was already gone again. My buddy was experiencing the exact same thing. not sure what but somethings up with the hive probably.   :beans: give it a few dayz. :/

Edited by +MyerZ-

Harton tweeted it was fixed, but I have been reset on Fragnet and on ViLayer servers just now.  Public hive is screwed still, don't suggest playing.

Harton tweeted it was fixed, but I have been reset on Fragnet and on ViLayer servers just now.  Public hive is screwed still, don't suggest playing.

Private though?

Seems like ddos attacks according to Eugen.

Seems like ddos attacks according to Eugen.

I hope the ddosers will get tracked down by the police and put in some butt rape prison.

• Like 2

Any news on this issue, I havent yet logged into public, but just after aquiring SVD 6 mags and 100 rounds, i'd hoped i could do some testing :P

Should be working now, I asked a couple of people to check and their characters are good.

Also...

• Like 1

Sounds good, I'll hang around and wait a bit till i hear a few fellow survivors confirm :)

I just logged in on a stable public hive and toon loaded fine.

What's up with servers now? I can't join any one of them, I am on Stable. I asked all my friends and they can't connect to server or it just says Recieving in game and 5 seconds after it unfreezes and back then reciving. Anyone knows what's up?

Sometimes they load, sometimes they don't.  Sometimes you can open you beans, sometimes all you get is receiving.  Sometimes you can get into a server, sometimes you just get wait for host for ten minutes.

Same over here.

I was just playing with some friends, they were on different servers, all seem to have been wiped. Is this fixable or should we just start over? Or leave playing for a bit?

I was just playing with some friends, they were on different servers, all seem to have been wiped. Is this fixable or should we just start over? Or leave playing for a bit?

I assume once the problems are over they will roll back to the old database before the problems started, so gearing up a new character could be wasted time.

I am sure they are working on it, but it sure would be nice if they would just let us know instead of saying it is working fine.

Had the same problem. First my char was wiped, then the newspawn was not saved at all.

I reinstalled DayZ and had my first char back. 

Starting to wonder if it is down to provider related issues still.  Ours, where I typically play is Fragnet, and we have nothing but issues.  Started looking at playing on non FragNet and seems to be perfectly fine with character loads and inventory interacting.