DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Well, not too long back I was in Electro. Server was mostly empty and so I took the oprotunity to loot and what not. The server time was night so I did the usual turn gamma up thing, though in retrospect I kinda wanted to use my flashlight. But as I was going about my buisness I noticed a really weird shadow, like a dark silhouette of a person. I didn't really bother and thought it was a zombie and just moved on. Then when I turn around it's in the doorway... I panic and switch my flashlight on, but as soon as it goes on the shadow is gone. So I start getting paranoid, and as soon as I find an 1911 I keep it on hand at all times... A little while later it pops up again and I squeeze off four rounds. The thing doesn't flinch, doesn't even show it's been hit. So I run my ass out of there and it dissapears again, and I get kicked because of too high ping (Was playing on PL server by friends request.) Haven't been on a server during the night since...

Edited by Foogals
  • Like 3

So why isn't this tread sticked again? Also some really interesting stories in here.

Edited by Ingway

Not an Urban Legend as such but just an incident that can quickly send you into full on panic stricken mode, screaming like a girl, running for the hills.

Last night i decided to do some night time looting. Having previously logged out close by a deerstand near Dolina i had a quick check and found an AK74 - nice.

Anyhow i had never visited the Factory north of Dolina before so i decided to go scope it out in the hopes of finding some spare parts or even a toolbox. As i was trundling towards the factory under the pale moonlight i noticed that the zombie count was suddenly zero. Weird, but i just thought it meant everyone (15 or so on the server) was in the wilderness. As i neared the factory the zombie count upped to 15. Naturally assuming it was me that had spawned them I instantly slowed to a crawl and tried to scope the place out. I couldnt see any zombies so i silently moved forward towards the main gates. Still no zombies. Nothing but silence. Being ultra cautious i moved inside the complex ready to make a run for the stairs at any possible aggro. Still nothing and the zombie count remained 15. I did a quick recon of the complex exterior, but still no zombies.

I made my way inside the factory building and began scouting for loot. Sure enough i found some parts and even a few AK mags. It was then as i was making my way down some stairs that i heard footsteps. Slow and steady, not the tip toe of a player. I froze and backed up. The footsteps continued, tip, tap, tip, tap. I waited, AK at the ready as the footsteps got closer. Suddenly the scream of a very close aggroed Zombie filled my ears. I jumped from my seat and nearly shat myself as I just managed to turn and run up to the second level and wait. Sure enough a Zombie procession shambled up the stairway and i proceeded to take down 10 or so zombies all in a neat little row.

The place was now a screaming, moaning nightmare and i fair on just bolted for the gates and as far north as i could get. Thanks for the insta spawn zombies Rocket, you mongrel! It was time for an undies change!

Nighttime servers, abandoned buildings, creepy music on, solo playing - screw that. Give me Cherno any day.

• Like 12

"There's a legend 'round here. A killer buried...but not dead.

A curse on Crystal Lake. A death curse. Jason Voorhees' Curse.

They say he died as a boy...but he keeps coming back.

Few have seen him and lived. Some have even tried to stop him...no one can.

People forget he's down there...waiting."

Oh wait, wrong one. Sorry!

• Like 2

Not an Urban Legend as such but just an incident that can quickly send you into full on panic stricken mode, screaming like a girl, running for the hills.

Last night i decided to do some night time looting. Having previously logged out close by a deerstand near Dolina i had a quick check and found an AK74 - nice.

Anyhow i had never visited the Factory north of Dolina before so i decided to go scope it out in the hopes of finding some spare parts or even a toolbox. As i was trundling towards the factory under the pale moonlight i noticed that the zombie count was suddenly zero. Weird, but i just thought it meant everyone (15 or so on the server) was in the wilderness. As i neared the factory the zombie count upped to 15. Naturally assuming it was me that had spawned them I instantly slowed to a crawl and tried to scope the place out. I couldnt see any zombies so i silently moved forward towards the main gates. Still no zombies. Nothing but silence. Being ultra cautious i moved inside the complex ready to make a run for the stairs at any possible aggro. Still nothing and the zombie count remained 15. I did a quick recon of the complex exterior, but still no zombies.

I made my way inside the factory building and began scouting for loot. Sure enough i found some parts and even a few AK mags. It was then as i was making my way down some stairs that i heard footsteps. Slow and steady, not the tip toe of a player. I froze and backed up. The footsteps continued, tip, tap, tip, tap. I waited, AK at the ready as the footsteps got closer. Suddenly the scream of a very close aggroed Zombie filled my ears. I jumped from my seat and nearly shat myself as I just managed to turn and run up to the second level and wait. Sure enough a Zombie procession shambled up the stairway and i proceeded to take down 10 or so zombies all in a neat little row.

The place was now a screaming, moaning nightmare and i fair on just bolted for the gates and as far north as i could get. Thanks for the insta spawn zombies Rocket, you mongrel! It was time for an undies change!

Nighttime servers, abandoned buildings, creepy music on, solo playing - screw that. Give me Cherno any day.

Sounds scary... I often get shocked by zombie screams or when a zombie suddenly stands in front of you, screaming as hell and starting to hit you

Edited by Skoomer

I got an brilliant idea

Why dont we start our own legend ?

I got two ideas, one obv better than the other

A) (the good idea) we gather up a bunch of people, everyone grabs hatches and then we go to a high population server and stalk the forests outside elektro/cherno for players, then hack them down while chanting wierd rhymes

B) 1 person or a group of people with sniper rifle stalk a random player and act as his guardian angel for many hours, picking out zombies and hostile players for him, and then we spread forum rumors of the mysterious stranger

• Like 10

I got an brilliant idea

Why dont we start our own legend ?

I got two ideas, one obv better than the other

A) (the good idea) we gather up a bunch of people, everyone grabs hatches and then we go to a high population server and stalk the forests outside elektro/cherno for players, then hack them down while chanting wierd rhymes

B) 1 person or a group of people with sniper rifle stalk a random player and act as his guardian angel for many hours, picking out zombies and hostile players for him, and then we spread forum rumors of the mysterious stranger

Good idea but now everybody will know because of your post here :D Or we can found a group and trying to proof some myths and record it on Video

• Like 1

This thread is so full of win! Please give us more! What are really good and spooky places to check out?

Green Mountain at night is spooky as hell!

Wait I just read through 8 pages of content here... why is there not more?!

Amazing reads guys, some of them proper creepy like even looked behind me when the heater made a rumble just to make sure lol.

3.16am, just read creepy thread, logged out in the middle of a forest... not sure I want to log back on. :P

Edited by Quagmire

Semi-related:

and

A guy playing creepy sounds through Direct Chat to scare random bypassers. Pretty entertaining.

Edited by Satan
  • Like 18

Those vids were frigging hilarious, Why havent we heard from the players this was done to.

TechnoAlchemist where are you?

I lolled TechnoAlchemist is probably one of the best players I've ever seen. Not only did he not DC, but even stayed up there like a champion the entire time.

Alas I cannot connect to the game atm, even 1.7.2.1 is giving me serverside errors so We shall have to delay my stories for a while.

I see you guys have heard of the scary noises near Balota.

But what about the

and the
?

Scarriest shit happend up on green mountain.

So Im playing with 2 good friends of mine were doing pretty good, havent run into much trouble so we decide to scope green mountian. The population is around 25 and it is getting dark but there is still enough light to see. I have a lee, my friend has a revolver and my other friend had the DMR As were going up we see a couple of zombies everything is going good when all a sudden the stragest thing happends.

I hear a gunshot from a lee and immediatly hit the dirt. All of a sudden teamspeak explodes with my friend yelling

-FROST WTF YOU SHOT ME FOR NO REASON WHY??

-uhh? no I didnt shoot you where did you die?

-YOU WERE AIMING AT ME FOR 30SECONDS THEN SHOT ME ****insert many swear words****

He finaly tells me where he died and as I go check the body with my remaining friend things get even worse. My friend looks a bit further and finds more bodies of other players, 2 to be exact. And what happends next is the scarriest shit ever.

-frost theres more dead people

-where? how many?

-Theres 2 I'm just next to................ummm frost

-yea?

-Its yours

-what?

-its your body? your dead.

Im like aint no way thats possible. I turn around and standing next to me is my friend ZoneZ He has the name ZoneZ so I know its him (also he was the only one with revolver). He has his revolver aiming right at me. I ask him on teamspeak why he is aiming at me and he says, Im not, im looting shit of the bodies. Next thing I know the man with my friend's name kills me and walks away. I rage on teamspeak and yell at him saying how retarted he is and he honestly says he was nowhere near me. I just remeber thats what happend to my other friend and that when I shit myself and tell him to disconnect. he is scared shitless but he says no, he wants to search my body. ZoneZ gets to my body and what does he see?

My dead body is replaced by.................his body. He is currently looking at his dead self. Didnt take him long to disconnect. I will never know who killed my and my other friend or why we found our bodies before we died. This has shaken me up. Greenmontain is the scariest shit.

Just note this is my third time being at green mountain, the first 2 times nothing unusual happend

• Like 23

So Im playing with 2 good friends of mine were doing pretty good, havent run into much trouble so we decide to scope green mountian. The population is around 25 and it is getting dark but there is still enough light to see. I have a lee, my friend has a revolver and my other friend had the DMR As were going up we see a couple of zombies everything is going good when all a sudden the stragest thing happends.

I hear a gunshot from a lee and immediatly hit the dirt. All of a sudden teamspeak explodes with my friend yelling

-YOU WERE AIMING AT ME FOR 30SECONDS THEN SHOT ME ****insert many swear words****

He finaly tells me where he died and as I go check the body with my remaining friend things get even worse. My friend looks a bit further and finds more bodies of other players, 2 to be exact. And what happends next is the scarriest shit ever.

-where? how many?

-yea?

-Its yours

-what?

Im like aint no way thats possible. I turn around and standing next to me is my friend ZoneZ He has the name ZoneZ so I know its him (also he was the only one with revolver). He has his revolver aiming right at me. I ask him on teamspeak why he is aiming at me and he says, Im not, im looting shit of the bodies. Next thing I know the man with my friend's name kills me and walks away. I rage on teamspeak and yell at him saying how retarted he is and he honestly says he was nowhere near me. I just remeber thats what happend to my other friend and that when I shit myself and tell him to disconnect. he is scared shitless but he says no, he wants to search my body. ZoneZ gets to my body and what does he see?

My dead body is replaced by.................his body. He is currently looking at his dead self. Didnt take him long to disconnect. I will never know who killed my and my other friend or why we found our bodies before we died. This has shaken me up. Greenmontain is the scariest shit.

Just note this is my third time being at green mountain, the first 2 times nothing unusual happend

Green Mountain - as Ripley (Aliens) would say:

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

• Like 1

Not really a ghost story, but it still scared the shit out of me, and I still have no idea what caused it.. anyway

I was in a barn close to Cherno when I suddenly hear gunfire. Alot of it. Sounded like a real battle. Not the random sniper shot, or the random execution. It sounded like two big groups was duking it out.

I panicked a bit and ran for the forrest. When I got into the forrest I went hiding behind a tree. 20 seconds later or so I hear several large explosions. I have played Arma for years, but I have never heard any explosions as loud as this. I didn't see anything, just heard it and it scared me and my cat half to death. Then two guys came running through the forrest and they were speaking on the direct voice thingy. It sounded like they said that there were lucky to get out of there alive. I might have misheard them because I was in a shock. The explosions was so damn loud.

I crawled to the end of the forrest and took a peak into Cherno, but couldn't see any smoke or damage. So I have no idea what happend there. Just a very odd experience.

• Like 2

Does somebody want to come with me, proofing some myths? We can go to Green Mountain at night and wait if something happens or go to Vybor to search the hatchet murder or something else

This happened to me the other day, was playing at early-dusk time (so dark, but not too dark). Heading around Cherno hospital / apartments, and I feel like someone is following me. I drop to the ground and look around, listening. Nothing. Must be my imagination. I continue towards the apartments, and again I just feel like someone is behind me. I spin around with my axe ready to swing. Still nothing. I loot the hospital and start back towards the hills.

In the middle of the apartments I hear a can of soda open nearby, now I know someone is there. I panic, but can't run away because now 5 zombies are wandering towards my location, trapping me in between the 4 apartment blocks.

Now what happened next made me stain my shorts more than anything else so far in DayZ - over the direct chat blasts Drowning Pool's "Let the bodies hit the floor!" and bam! all 5 zombies are dropped like flies, almost at the same time (no way this was only 1 guy).

I call out on the mic, "Thankyou!", no reply. No sound or movement anywhere in the game. I make my way up the hill, and as I turn back to look at the apartments again a really creepy voice comes over the chat and says "Everybody gets one".

Edited by GeeksterDayZ
  • Like 28

Some mythbusters to prove these legends would be awsome but how do you know when it would happen. I have been to green mountain 3 times and my friend 7 and only once has this strange thing happen to me. After reading some more post it looks like someone else had a similar story to mine up on green mountain. So now its even more interesting.

someone should sticky this

Some mythbusters to prove these legends would be awsome but how do you know when it would happen. I have been to green mountain 3 times and my friend 7 and only once has this strange thing happen to me. After reading some more post it looks like someone else had a similar story to mine up on green mountain. So now its even more interesting.

someone should sticky this

I think its luck. We need time to proof this, i dont think that something happens at the first time but maybe we've luck. There are many storys we can try to proof and it can be fun, too.

Does somebody want to come with me, proofing some myths? We can go to Green Mountain at night and wait if something happens or go to Vybor to search the hatchet murder or something else

U mad? Going to Green mountain AT NIGHT?!? You are either incredibly brave or...

Edited by Blaf

U mad? Going to Green mountain AT NIGHT?!? You are either incredibly brave or...

... totaly pry. Wouldn't it be great to catch it on Video and post it here?

-where? how many?

-yea?

-Its yours

-what?

There's someone else with a similar experience some pages back in this thread at green mountain. Could be something to it....