DemonGroover

Day Z Urban Legends

Woah this thread has over 160,000 views dayuumm

Edit:And now 900 posts :D

Edited by TruckingBucket

Just goes to show everyone likes creepy stories.

Lets hope they continue in the SA

One time I found a tin of beans...... It only had 1 bean in it.

Then i freaked out and alt-f4'd

Scary stuff

Gather around Ladies & Gents. Okay I have a weird story which happened a few weeks ago. Scariest experience was when I was on a server with 0 people, in Berezino looting the Apartments when I heard a Woman screaming really faintly, I was freaked the fuck out but I wanted to know what was happening so I went in the direction to it and it was getting louder and louder, past the supermarket and on that field behind it, there was a circle of Priest Zombies dancing around and there was a Man in the middle with a Womans Voice coming out of him saying weird shit I don't even know what like random words mumbled up then at the end of each sentence it would say THERE IS NO ESCAPE, okay keep in mind still no one on the server but me, then I hit ESC but it comes up on my screen THERE'S NO ESCAPE so I Task Managered out of it. Never went back to that server again.

• Like 2

Loving the thread guys, I read it every night in bed, scaring the goat out of me ;)

Anyway, here is my little tale of The Ghastly Goats of Chernarus.

(Now before you read any further, this is not to do with Green Mountain as such, as the action happens in the preparation for the journey.)

So me and my good friend Grommetfull, or as some of you may know him, Habibi R, had just logged in for the day. I had recently linked him to this thread, since I had enjoyed it, and was so frightened of it, I thought he might like it all the same. He did, and started reading it at night, under the covers of course. But we had kept reading about the so called Curse of Green Mountain and all the strange and unsettling occurrences and happenings tied to the place. We decided at the beginning of our session, we would prepare for our journey (at night) to Green Mountain.

We spawned back in where we logged off the previous night. At Cape Golovo, where we had decided to meet up at the lighthouse there. After a clumsy 5 or so minutes we finally found each other, he decided to scare me a little, but firing an MP5SD shot above my head, proving how quiet it really is. Me being half-scared and half-amazed at the submachine gun, brought up my map, and plotted a course for Stary Sobor, Grommet did the same. He took the lead being our point man, watching for any activity, and me covering his bandit ass with my M4A3 assault rifle. Somehow, he had faster sprinting than me and was moving 2 metres ahead of me every 5 seconds. But I heard that it was an issue a lot of people encountered, so I disregarded to to either me holding heavier weapons, or some kind of Alpha glitch. Anyway, about halfway to Stary, I saw a helicopter crash site which my 'point man' had completely missed. We made our way over, Grommet taking the high ground while I crawled through the sprawling military zombies. It was quite awesome watching the zombies fall around me, and I give him credit for being quite a badass at times. Anyway, as he cleared the few remaining zombies, he comes over joining me. To our dismay, we find nothing. "That's pretty sh*t." Grommet says.

So, a magazine down from his MP5, and on his last 10 rounds, we desperately need to get to Stary, in case we get into an unexpected firefight. So we double time it out of there, being extremely exposed in a place of high interest. We run across the fields. Something catches my eye. A goat. Sweet, some meat for our troubles. Grommet takes the shot, to avoid attracting the wrong sorts of attention. In the head, blood spurts out. Nothing. He tries 2 more shots, before I step in. I pull out my 1911, however this triggered something in the goat. It turned it's head towards me, which looked strange and unnatural because it was turned almost 180 degrees, this made uncomfortable, as I had read about these 'possessed' goats before, and I was having none of it. I unloaded my whole mag into him, and to no avail. After being baffled by this, I told Grommet to not worry about it, we would find a cow or something along the way. He said "Probably just glitching out or something." "Yeah, sure of course." But my voice was shaky, I knew it wasn't as simple as that. No. It was much more complex.

We had arrived at Stary, we came around the North Side, hoping to flank any potential snipers/bandits in the area. We surveyed the area and saw no movement. We continued. Grommet had found himself a tent, filled with some goodies. A DMR with 5 mags, two NVG's, car parts and some food and medicals. He took the DMR, and provided an overwatch, as I checked the tents and the car spawns. After doing a raid of the tents, finding nothing notable, but an overdose of STANAG's I got back to the car spawns. Both cars where there. The GAZ and the UAZ. We ultimatley decided the GAZ, as it only needed 2 wheels, while the UAZ needed, some more work. After putting the lone car wheel on, that we found in the tents, I decided to run down to a Factory, and Solchiny if need be, to find this last car wheel. Unfortunately, I found all types of rotor assemblies and engines, but no wheels. I told Grommet I needed to head to Solchiny for the wheel, he said he needed to go, cause he was heaps bored of keeping the area safe. I said sure whatever, I'll be careful in my approach. Luckily I found a tractor along the way, and later an ATV. With the wheel acquired, I made my way back.

Unfortunately, flipping the ATV, I had to double back for the tractor. I was driving beside the roads, watching it get darker, I couldn't help but feel paranoid as I drove past goat after goat, in the fields. It made me uneasy, and I decided to get on the road, to speed things up, to get the hell out of there, I drove about halfway, when I turned around a corner, and found a HELICOPTER! Whohoooo it was my first helicopter in the game and I was heaps excited, It was fully repaired, and had full fuel. I should have suspected a trap of sorts, but that was the last thing on my mind, with all the excitement rushing through me. I took off and told Grommet of my find, he immediately logged back in, watching the area for players, we were ditching the car, and were going to fly far away, to try and find a base. As my rotors span, I couldn't help but notice 2 goats, staring at me, their heads following me up, as I ascended. I was really freaked out now.

I fiddled with the controls learning how to fly forward I flew the rest of the way to Stary. We were talking about how cool our base was going to be and everything when I approached Stary. I bank right, into the field there, with Gromment sprinting to the chopper as I skillfully landed it. I brought up my map, plotting a course, when I froze. There was a blue illustration of another chopper, parked outside the industrial building. I told Grommet, and we got on the gun. We flew slowly past the chopper, and not wanting to be followed, Grommet opened fire. We surely damaged the hull at least, but we saw movement so we agreed to make distance. Going a flat out over 200 km/h (or miles, whatever the measure is) we had made good distance, and saw nothing behind us. I suggested letting Grommet have a go, so he could be comfortable with flying in an emergency. I saw a field which looked flat, I landed and got and and stopped the engine. Grommet got out ready to fly. But there was a problem, the Helicopter was sliding along the ground. It was about 200m from trees, so I got back in, and started spinning the rotors, I had lifted off, and just barely missing the tops of the trees, as if I was in an action movie. I travelled about 500m when I decided to turn around, and pick up Grommet. I pressed the button to bank right. Nothing happened. I tired again. Nothing. This time I tried bank left. Nothing. After another 10 seconds of pressing random buttons trying to get a response, I notice that a helicopter is headed straight for me. Freaking out I am smashing buttons, nothing works. As I accept my imminent death. I stop touching the keyboard, still flying forward. Then, about 100m away from the heli, a nameplate pops up. An orange tag, which read Animal. Not really thinking too much about it at the time since I was moments away from death. The helicopter suddenly lurched into a dive, and crashed into the wooded forest. The last thing I saw. Was 2 goats. Staring at me through the trees. They were trodding along towards me. But instead of trodding, they were actually gliding.

As I saw the "You are Dead" screen pop up, I think about my death. Then I remember the nametag. Sometimes, when looking at an animal, you will see this tag come up. I know this because I have seen it whilst looking at goats, before they became my next meal. I guess this time...I was theirs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moral of the story, if you see a goat, don't mess with it. You will get blown up, and your corpse will be mutilated.

• Like 5

I hate to ask, but does anyone know why one of the castles is called.......Devil's Castle?

Any stories from that neck of the woods?

Probably not the sort of story you want but this is from the Bohemia Interactive wiki.

The Devil's Castle received its name many years later, perhaps sometime during the end of the 13th century. After the fall of Kozlov's Principate at the beginning of the 13th century, the fortress system fell apart; fortresses that weren't burned down were taken apart stone by stone, as needed for the structure of surrounding estates, or for different purposes.

The former Kozlovo Castle, now called the Devil's Castle, was supposedly inhabited by the yeoman Jakub Čert (Devil) from Gorka. His bandit campaigns started here at the castle. He enlarged the keep of the castle, using the loot from these raids and the castle holds his name to this day. According to legend, the Devil's Castle was burned down during the zagorian Karzeg's rebellion, Jakub Čert burned in the castle's main tower after he refused to surrender to Ataman Simurg. Only burned walls remain of the castle, haunted to this day by the spirit of Ivan Kozlov. Whatever the truth is, Devil's Castle is one of the most remarkable architectural sights in Chernarus and it became a rewarding destination for tourists.

So the home of the Bandit King.

May have to move in.

For maximum effect I recommend you change your in game name to Jakub Čert.

• Like 1

Have you guys ever heard of the ghosts? I had heard bits and peices about them from reading side chat, and the occasional forum post. The rumors basically went along the lines of that these "Ghosts" were vigilantes who went around killing bandits, but no one has actually ever seen them in person. The bandits who are killed by them usually report something similiar to getting messaged in direct chat with "You may not believe in us, but we believe in you" and then being killed in various ways. (Reports include sniper shot, satchel charge, grenade, machine gun fire, etc) I never took much account in the stories until I had my first semi-encounter with them. (Was in the same server as they killed a few bandits. I actually watched them die.). Basically was just hoping to get lucky and find a gun in Balota, and was scavenging around when a guy named gh0st joined the server, followed by a few more with names like phant0m, p0ltergiest, etc. Side chat grew pretty quiet for a minute until gh0st spoke. "Who here is a bandit?" No one replied at first, except one guy who said "holy sh*t ghosts". But sure enough, shortly after, a guy spoke up and said "I am;)". Immediatly gh0st replied saying "We will see you soon." The other guy was like "lol wtf" and other stuff like that. Insulting him. Like I said before, didnt think much of it until the same guy who said he was a bandit starting raging in side chat about how he was "hack killed" and that he got sniped in the middle of the woods, right after someone said that "they believed in him or something" in direct chat. He then proceeded to yell at gh0st in side chat that he was getting his clan, and that he was "f*ckin dead". About half an hour later, I'm in cherno looking for gear, and I see the bandit and about four more guys join in the game and start yelling for gh0st to come kill them. They said that they would meet him on top of the cherno hotel, if he wasnt scared. Then to prove they "werent scared of some hacker" they started to snipe everyone in cherno. I layed low, to avoid getting shot but I made sure I had a good view of the hotel. The following events cemented my belief in ghosts; through direct chat a good amount of long messages came in from the different gh0st related names I mentioned earlier. I still remember exactly what was said. "Some would call us heroes, others would call us murderers. Regardless of our name, regardless of our legacy, as sure as the sun shines and the rain falls we will be there. We are the shadows in dark alleys, the whisper in the wind. To some we are saviors, to others we are the things that go bump in the night. But to all we are Ghosts. There are those that do not believe in us, those that would pass us off as mere legend. But rest assured, if you are cruel, if you are greedy, we will find you. And we will kill you. Because even though you may not believe in us, we believe in you." After the last message came through, there was a quick series of blasts, and the entire cherno hotel exploded and collapsed into rubble! At this point I was tactically pissing myself, and trying to stay as still as possible. Then I saw it, a lone bandit crawling from the wreckage. He got to the other side of the street before he passed out. I decided it was time for me to GTFO, so I turned around to leave. Just as I was doing that, I heard through direct chat "WTF!!!! DONT KILL ME!!!" I turned and looked back and saw a man in a ghillie suit standing over the bandit. Gh0st then spoke through direct chat, "How many times have you stood over a man while he said those exact words?" "You show no mercy, so we will show you none." And with that he killed the surviving bandit. In my eagerness to see this go down, I hadnt been paying attention to my surroundings. I turned back around to find another man in a ghillie suit, armed with an MK48. I did the only logical thing at the time, screamed "friendlyfriendlyfriendly" through the chat, and crapped my pants. He didn't even aim the gun at me, just walked past me, around the corner, and I never saw them again. So now I ask you fellow survivors, do you believe in Ghosts?

• Like 12

I hear, from the birds (and sometimes the bees) of a small group of people who stay around Elektro and kill all the bad ones, they tell me.

But it may be just one.

Just one who moves quickly.

And how do they see him?

Moves faster every day.

They don't see the bullet.

Is he one itself?

Tell me if you know him.

Edited by Neko-san

Shame this thread would still be on the first page if it wasn't for all this horseshit.

I hear, from the birds (and sometimes the bees) of a small group of people who stay around Elektro and kill all the bad ones, they tell me.

But it may be just one.

Just one who moves quickly.

And how do they see him?

Moves faster every day.

They don't see the bullet.

Is he one itself?

Tell me if you know him.

I hear, from the birds,

And sometimes from the bees,

That there is a small group of people,

That live among the trees.

Thay hang around Elektro,

And sometimes close to Rog,

Spying out for bambies,

To shoot them like a dog.

These bandits have no morals,

They are not like you and me,

They shoot on site, don't give a shite,

Maybe it's better to be a bee.

*snip*

I'm stuggling to see why anyone would ask you if you have a book unless it is to see if you've ever read one.

I'm stuggling to see why anyone would ask you if you have a book unless it is to see if you've ever read one.

You're looking at my signature, bro. The sig is a response as to whenever and wherever I can fit in -without being unreasonably cheesy, ridiculous, or ruining the freshness of it- "in my book" in some corner (usually catty) of my post.

Wait for some brave soul to start reading this WHOLE thread and by the time they get to this my signature is completely different and these posts will make no sense.

Edited by Neko-san

You're looking at my signature, bro. The sig is a response as to whenever and wherever I can fit in -without being unreasonably cheesy, ridiculous, or ruining the freshness of it- "in my book" in some corner (usually catty) of my post.

Wait for some brave soul to start reading this WHOLE thread and by the time they get to this my signature is completely different and these posts will make no sense.

In the interest of allowing that brave soul to contextualise this short exchange I'll explain in the past tense. Neko-San used to have this signature that said, 'Before you ask, no, I don't have a book.' I took this mistakenly to be an arrogant boast of writing prowess, a forewarning to the reader to not suggest that Neko-San should have published literature as this suggestion has been repeated so many times before that he has grown weary of responding. And seeing as it was tacked to the end of a, no offense meant, rather bland piece of writing I felt the need to take a swipe at this pomposity. But it was my mistake and I apologise sincerely.

• Like 1

In the interest of allowing that brave soul to contextualise this short exchange I'll explain in the past tense. Neko-San used to have this signature that said, 'Before you ask, no, I don't have a book.' I took this mistakenly to be an arrogant boast of writing prowess, a forewarning to the reader to not suggest that Neko-San should have published literature as this suggestion has been repeated so many times before that he has grown weary of responding. And seeing as it was tacked to the end of a, no offense meant, rather bland piece of writing I felt the need to take a swipe at this pomposity. But it was my mistake and I apologise sincerely.

My understanding of how you came to this conclusion and about the last half of your reply's meaning is rather fuzzy to me....

And I guess we all have our different tastes in writing. Fair enough, as it did only take the time between brushing my teeth and tying my shoe laces.

Edited by Neko-san

So this guy swears, that another guy told him, that an old man said... When your in cherno at night under a full moon. If you whisper into direct comm "Rocket...... Rocket.......Rocket......Can I have a spot in the closed Alpha Test?"

The Moon will turn blood red, lightning will flash, a thunder will be heard as your toon falls unconscious.

Youll wake up on a very small island, green mist surrounding you, not a sight to see or a sound to hear. No equipment, no weapon... nothing... nothing but time to reflect on what has happened.

• Like 5

Closed test? Is this another Urban Legend?

It's double the mystery!

But don't ruin it. If I said my stories were urban legends (because they're obviously all true all of them all all true true all of them) then they wouldn't be much fun.

I will play DayZ today, and see if I can't find this, "closed alpha test" somewhere on the map. If that doesn't work I'll just ask rocket and go from there.

• Like 1

Been playing since release so heard loads of players talking about lots of different legends and myths, my favourites include;

- The Bear/Tiger/Lion/Rhino(!)/Big Cat that randomly spawns inthe wilderness and kills players.

- The ghost car - a car randomly spawning in the wilderness that cant be entered but moves of its own accord!

- Night vison goggles - Sounds silly now but when the game was first released there was loads of jabber in game about them being out there somewhere!

- The secret island off the map on chernarus

- The ghost ship ( a ship seen sailing by on the horizon)

- The jason vorheese/psycho killer (usually a hacked in skin and god mode hacker)

- THe creepy girl/psycho killer who plays creepy nursery rhymes over voice comms in the middle of the woods in darkness and kills players (again as above)

- The ghost cupboard (a semi transparent cupboard in one of the houses)

- The message (a note left on a table in an unenterable building but visable from outside)

- The radio, a radio found at green mountain that regularly receives coordinates regularly for deer stands

- The ship wreck loot a shipwreck underwater that spawns loot

- The shark , attacking players who dare swim off the coast

- The oil rigs of taviana (confirmed!)

- The unkillable zombie, spawning rarely in the woods that attacks players and cant be killed. It has a custom skin and moves slower than normal (apparantly!)

- Big foot

Most of them are clearly made up and funny now (but not all of them!) but remember to keep them in contexts - laods of new players over a long period of time, particularly during the end of the summers wave of players and hackers, they were all seeing some wierd things and didnt know what to expect!

• Like 5