PoB (DayZ)

what a game this is

there is NO reason to venture inland in .57 its only DM nothing else.

.58 will make things better

strictly speaking the simple act of killing others in any game always gives me immense pleasure but in this game... well, it has replaced Eve online as my most played game, the first game to dethrone the king of psychological PVP since GTAV.

There is something about the way this game forces players to care about their character whether or not they intend to because of the effort that is required to achieve and maintain good health and great gear that makes the act of killing even more pleasurable for me it is because I know that the better geared my victim is the more furious, depressed, sad, livid, hurt, disappointed, sick to the stomach, enraged, dejected and/or pissed off some random sad sack sat in front of a monitor somewhere who cares where cos I certainly don't once the bullets left my gun you leave my conscious mind, less than a memory, an echo that inspired a little giggle at your expense LOL it's all about the buzz of victory and the intense satisfaction of showing yet another 'friendly' fucker that they just don't get it and probably never will.

So my heartfelt thanks go out to the devs for coming up with a formula that has successfully distilled and concentrated the very essence of what it is that makes multiplayer adversarial gaming so much bloody fun and frolics... the acute pain of yet another emasculated no hope loser, the pain that is magically transformed by the internet into a deeply satisfying, testosterone production boost laced with endorphins and adrenalin which is shot mainline to the heart of the dominant vanquisher, the quick witted champion and owner of the weak and foolish.

PoB out bitches

Translation:

"I shoot newspawns."

there is NO reason to venture inland in .57 its only DM nothing else.

.58 will make things better

I see people inland on a daily basis, they are there for reasons of their own as am I. Sweeping statement is sweeping statement..

Fellow eve hardcore player here. I have abandoned that, 74Tril wallet, 12 accounts, meh. cba about it, i dont like donuts. 

But on topic: I feeel you, fellow sociopath. Isnt it a nice warm and fuzzy feeling! Kidnap someone and have them singing and dancing for you around a campfire... brakin' their legs with nooo bandages around. But on those other moments, when you just want to chill out, be kind and friendly, slipping polite some disinfectant in a give-a-way drink and run off. Or just flying around with your mind occupied at the brids and the trees, the flies and the beees, and the smell of fresh meat! 

Oh DayZ is just a soooo much better Sandbox then I have ever seen!

yes yes yes, why i play the game - love my increase heart rate when im going in for the attack!

I am in a position to say you're doing something wrong when all the loot is in the schools and guard houses.  10 minutes(tops), geared up and ready to go.  

You are gonna have a hard time in .58 ;) unless you server jump like theres no tomorrow ofc.

Edited by Byrgesen

Wow, what a cool thread.  OP sadist with way too much confidence in the assumptions of what other people feel while playing.

When I play on full persistence, I leave all my valuables in a shrubbery.  That way I have moar room for new treshurz.  When my screen goes black, I get to run back to my camp from a random location, a-looting all the way.  The only thing that the death screen tells me, is that I didn't miss out on any interesting interactions with quality players.  Maybe you just don't have that many hours yet, because those bad feelings all fade away after a good few hundred hours and a couple dozen deaths; leaving you with the embarrassing kink of killing newbies to get your Sade-0n.  TSK

• Like 1

Well, at least I get pretty mad when someone kills me lol, so I suppose more people does get mad as well. I like the point OP is trying to make tbh, its indeed glorious to kill someone, specially when you see that the person invested a shitload of time in that char, because you know, people do this to me and I want to share this amazing feeling that is to be really, REALLY mad.

Edited by Avant-Garde