Feuerbart

Where are the animals?

Would anybody please be so kind as to tell me, where dafaq all the animals have gone?

I've spent dozens of hours wandering around, searching all over the map. NOTHING! No rabbit, no boar, no deer, not even cows on the field at Berenzino.

I have seen one deer and one chicken in weeks. They are very rare indeed. But there are a few out there.

I saw one server with a herd of cows in a field, other than that, just the odd chicken. I think the spawn rate has been decreased in .57, maybe next update they well become a viable way to survive.

ive seen foxes, rabbits, and boars while running through random woods a few times....but they appear to not be as common, yeah.

There are two villages that always has animals. Nadezdhino, north of cherno has chickens and goats. And Vyshnoe also north of cherno has goats, pigs and chickens. Ive also seen some deer but very sparingly and then ofcourse theres the cows of Berezino.

I am still relatively new to the game but so far I have seen chickens and a goat, seems to be the further north you go the more you will find them, from my experience anyway. If you fancy a change to beans then you can always fish, one of my favourite things to do in DayZ at the moment lol.

I wish the spawns were more plentiful , I feel like the landscape is barren of animals except for a few areas on the map that they reliably spawn . I'm sure it's only like this for performance purposes but I would really love to see waaaay more animals spread out all over and in herds even !

Check msta a great area to look I found a pig in exp and was going to make a leather jacket out of it but I ate lard and crashed the server.

• Like 1

Logged in on Wednesday, prior to the servers reconnecting to the hive (so my character was blank and there was no loot in the game at all), so I just derped about for a bit.  Reached Mcta where I saw 2 goats, one of which got stuck in a running on ths spot animation.  

So with nothing else to do I punched its face in.  

I also heard chickens there too but couldn't see them.

Animals and zombies have been rather scarce since the .57 update which got applied 3-4 weeks ago. It's a known issue but if I recall it was intentional (but obviously temporary, I think something related to server performance).

just north of cherno, recently ran into goat and chickens....so they are defiantly out there.

For best luck, I'd head to the middle of the map, into the "wilderness".
I don't know if this map is accurate, but in my experience, it gives you a decent idea of where to look.

In my experience lately, it's like this:
If you're looking for animals, you won't find them. 

If you aren't looking for animals, they'll be coming out of your ass.

Check msta a great area to look I found a pig in exp and was going to make a leather jacket out of it but I ate lard and crashed the server.

Damn I laughed my ass off at this post this morning. Just thinking of a kid eating lard and crashing a server and the look on his face staring at the desktop in disbelief.

Damn I laughed my ass off at this post this morning. Just thinking of a kid eating lard and crashing a server and the look on his face staring at the desktop in disbelief.

yea it happened twice already on exp, but I really wasn't mad not everyones a kid maybe your a kid I went back on it and everything was there except the pig I found a ton of goats when I went to get a sword. When i came back it just teleported me were I set up my little fireplace my meat was inside and cooked well.

yea it happened twice already on exp, but I really wasn't mad not everyones a kid maybe your a kid I went back on it and everything was there except the pig I found a ton of goats when I went to get a sword. When i came back it just teleported me were I set up my little fireplace my meat was inside and cooked well.

Lol. Sorry, I forgot in forums the term kid is over analyzed 

Lol. Sorry, I forgot in forums the term kid is over analyzed

Very...no need to be sorry though I act retarted a lot especially when given directions and trying to be a leader.I go the opposite way what people say most of the time. Edited by DaNic2553

Very...no need to he sorry though I act restarted a lot especially when given directions and trying to be a leader.

I can see that now. lol

Animals should be scarce. Otherwise, where is the gratification in on finding and killing one?