Sign in to follow this  
Jex

Possible Issue for the Cause of Motion Sickness

Hi all,

I noticed this the other day as I was starting to get a little of this myself (playing 1st person). I never get motion sickness so I was wandering what it was that could be causing it.

I noticed that when you're running, your AV leans forward and what this does is change the way you see the world. Looking straight ahead is fine, you see the horizon like this ---- a nice flat line but look left or right and it changes to this / (actually more like a 45 degree angle).

The switch from a straight line to an angled line completely screws with your brain and is probably a large cause for sickness and if not, is just frikkin annoying as hell.

our brains work shit out when we see and doesn't make our vision see things at a tilt so this nausea inducing and unrealistic feature (as was as inauthentic) needs to be addressed.

Hi all,

I noticed this the other day as I was starting to get a little of this myself (playing 1st person). I never get motion sickness so I was wandering what it was that could be causing it.

I noticed that when you're running, your AV leans forward and what this does is change the way you see the world. Looking straight ahead is fine, you see the horizon like this ---- a nice flat line but look left or right and it changes to this / (actually more like a 45 degree angle).

The switch from a straight line to an angled line completely screws with your brain and is probably a large cause for sickness and if not, is just frikkin annoying as hell.

our brains work shit out when we see and doesn't make our vision see things at a tilt so this nausea inducing and unrealistic feature (as was as inauthentic) needs to be addressed.

Motion sickness is a myth. You want more wall peeking. Lol Edited by cash81
  • Like 1

Hi all,

Pretty annoying indeed, there's option to turn it off though. I think it's called "Head shake" or something like that in game settings.

Lift your head, if you believe this is the problem.

No, motion sickness is not a myth, it affects many people, some more than others.

Hi all,

You mean this issue?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21339

Pretty annoying when I use freelook most of the time when playing.

I don't even show the worst of that bug. It's pretty hilarious when you lean more forward. It's like in a rollercoaster then :D

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 3

You mean this issue?

http://feedback.dayzgame.com/view.php?id=21339

Pretty annoying when I use freelook most of the time when playing.

I don't even show the worst of that bug. It's pretty hilarious when you lean more forward. It's like in a rollercoaster then :D

Exactly that issue and the transition is nauseating and needs fixing as a priority. I'll guarantee you once that is gone people aren't going to be feeling as bad.

Pretty annoying indeed, there's option to turn it off though. I think it's called "Head shake" or something like that in game settings.

No, see the video above :)

For me, the main thing was stuttering fps or fps going below 20ish (Once i'm in teens fps for a while I'll start to get a headache.) I was one of the assholes thought people were using it as an excuse btw. I never got it properly in third but 1st person plus low fps and it was guaranteed. dayz was the first game I've ever got it in but I noticed playing miscreated with an average 17fps that I got similar feelings. I think also once you get it once you are much more susceptible to it. I think having a narrow fov added to it too.

I never got it with arma3 despite going well below 30fps but I think if arma three had a lot of going up flights of stairs then I may get it there too.

• Like 2