Sign in to follow this  
frosti

Heli crash sites spawn in same place on all servers

Is it just me or any one else noticed that crashed helicopters spawn in same place on all servers?

Which mean you can server hop your way to phat loot.

You can get phat loot pretty much anywhere, nowadays.

Where are the static chopper locations? Thanks

One is down from Vavilowo and second one is up on the field from Stary Sobor. Dunno where third is.

Been this way for months. It worked for me, as I got an SVD last night by hitting a chopper on the restart.

They're working on fixing the dynamic event mechanic. But they also don't want to deny people the chance at some of the epic loot. I assume it's easier to just leave the helis in fixed places and spawn the loot until it's fixed, than moving the spawn points for the loot itself.

Are they crash sites bugged? Went to the Stary crash site on 3 empty servers, but none had any loot.

People are just server hopping like mad.  Unless you really get there first on a fresh restart, you likely won't get anything.  I tried the other night as well but had no luck.  I think you'd pretty much need to know a schedule for when some servers restart or just get really lucky if you're trying to hop for it.

Hi we are lucky enough to have our own server and today while its been quiet i have restarted the server several times at a crash site each time i have found nothing at all, we are on a public hive can anyone explain why this might be happening , cheers

Yes, it's not random heli crash sites, unfortunately - players farm them at server resets.

Edited by Ori42