Sign in to follow this  
Balflears

Persistence Important Question

Sorry for the dumb question .. the persistence has been disabled? If I put a badpack in the ground and after. the server restarts, I lose a badpack? As it regards the tents once, if i placed in the ground after the restart are saved?

Thanks for reply.

Edited by Balflears

Persistance for backpacks and tents is "off", so after an server restart they will be gone 

V3S (trucks) are persistant, they will stay at their place after restart.

Persistance for backpacks and tents is "off", so after an server restart they will be gone 

But they are crazy? Even the tents is off? farewell Dayz..........

They have ruined the game.

Heh, this is a temporary thing whilst they iron out the bugs in the new loot economy. Persistence is a key part of the game, so it will be back. It's better to read the developer notes than comments on these forums to get a better understanding of the reasons behind changes. I know this gets used a lot, but you have to remember that this game is still in development, it's at least 18 months away from release. They're making a lot of changes behind the scenes to how the game works, in terms of the engine, loot economy etc. Most of these changes will at first likely look like a step backwards in terms of performance and functionality, but they're essential to moving the game forward.

• Like 2

See you around then, they turned tents and backpacks off temporarily. Sorry they ruined the game for you by not allowing you to collect and sit on tons of lewts. I know its been beaten to death but we are in the "testing" phase of this game. At times they will enable and disable certain features, including tent and backpack persistence. Dont fret though....I'm sure they will turn in back on soon

No persistence no party. Here we never make progress, but let's go back. The truth is that the developers do not know where to put their hands. Dayz needs of professional developers and non-developers who have to open the school books for solving "small" problems. 3,000,000 copies sells x 28 euro. Are exactly 84,000,000. What they did with that money? They bought the house and the ferrari? Or they have had too much beer? All that we have on Dayz we must say thanks to bohemia, because it was for our developers at this point we would not have even the cola ingame.

I will not say more because I could become bad. Fuck CLE. It is just an excuse because they do not know how to solve problems.

Heh, this is a temporary thing whilst they iron out the bugs in the new loot economy. Persistence is a key part of the game, so it will be back. It's better to read the developer notes than comments on these forums to get a better understanding of the reasons behind changes. I know this gets used a lot, but you have to remember that this game is still in development, it's at least 18 months away from release. They're making a lot of changes behind the scenes to how the game works, in terms of the engine, loot economy etc. Most of these changes will at first likely look like a step backwards in terms of performance and functionality, but they're essential to moving the game forward.

I hope... ç_ç

No persistence no party. Here we never make progress, but let's go back. The truth is that the developers do not know where to put their hands. Dayz needs of professional developers and non-developers who have to open the school books for solving "small" problems. 3,000,000 copies sells x 28 euro. Are exactly 84,000,000. What they did with that money? They bought the house and the ferrari? Or they have had too much beer? All that we have on Dayz we must say thanks to bohemia, because it was for our developers at this point we would not have even the cola ingame.

I will not say more because I could become bad. Fuck CLE. It is just an excuse because they do not know how to solve problems.

You are a hero, and a model citizen too. I admire your work, and all you do for our community. Drive on, and don't give up the good fight. Never let the man keep you down. The cream always rises to the top. It is your world and we are lucky to live in it.  :D

See you around then, they turned tents and backpacks off temporarily. Sorry they ruined the game for you by not allowing you to collect and sit on tons of lewts. I know its been beaten to death but we are in the "testing" phase of this game. At times they will enable and disable certain features, including tent and backpack persistence. Dont fret though....I'm sure they will turn in back on soon

thanks ... you've opened a glimmer of hope ç_ç

Yeah, learned that the hard way.  I found a tent the other night and quickly went to finding a secluded spot to stash some extra gear only to find out a few minutes later when the server restarted that tents are pointless...

but the good thing is, hicks said that persistence is priority number one.

so, should not take soo long until tents are back in persistence  B)

I agree no persistence ruins the game but don't worry, It will be back soon.

I like persistence as I prefer having a tent, a camp and some stashes too, but survival is adaptation so I'm playing as a nomad until persistence comes back.  

Actually I'm enjoying the central map again as I have no base up north to habit.  Maybe Ill check out the coasts again too, I normally just jog inland upon spawning.

Persistence is one of the most important things IMO for DayZ. I was as bit bummed whenever I saw that they were turning it off (temporarily).

Whenever they bring back persistence, they are also going to have fixed most of the major game breaking bugs of .57 (like VOIP) and everyone will celebrate.

You saying "waaa, they removed persistence, I'm running away and never coming backkk!" is like you leaving your baby on a sidewalk in the rain, just because you found out that it's not potty-trained.

You purchased this game to test and contribute to the developing of it with no right to whine about changes.

Right now, it's not for your entertainment.

It's for your entertainment when it's actually finished. 

Good day.

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 1