Platin.

About the next coming camera angle

Hello, first of all, my english isn't that good, but i will try to write here what i have to say.

I have bought this game ca 2 or 3 month ago, then one or two week's later, was published that your schedules to change the third person view to the worst and impractical camera angle ever build in videogames.

I am not that person, that like it to offend any other people, but just one question, because im completly pissed off, if i think about this alteration, are you completely retarded!???

How it is possible, "to build" a game, that exist one and a half year (as an alpha) , and after this time ( one and a half year) you make the decision to change the complete fucking camera angle, and destroy the game for the people they bought this game because of the impressions they get before, off this game in one and a half year !????

Are you fucking kidding me!??

I saw this game (the mod version) few years ago, on youtube, and my first thought of this was, how can people like this, because off this bad animated zombies, they more looks like shadows or what ever, and the movement of them are a joke.

Then later i heard about the standalone version, the zombies were and are still crap in regards of the animation, but it's an alpha, and i know about the many bugs this game still have, but i though and think, this will get fixed until the full release of this game so i made the decision to buy them (like i said ca 2 month ago).

But then like i said ca 2 weeks later was published that you plan to change the camera angle of the third person to totally crap. I read about the argument, that many people are frustrated that the enemies are able to look above the wall or stuff like that. But first off all, i play this game most time for myself (alone) on more or less empty servern, and if i play on full servers, i play friendly, and don't shoot that much, only if i get attacked by someone. That means i dont care about this so called problem look above the wall or what ever.

Secondly, everybody have the option to look above the wall, in a combat, and the most people they didn't like this, are that guys they die all the time because they can't play or aren't good enough to handle this situations or what ever.

Thirdly it is the fucking impractical camera angle they become "invented" in the videogame history. Like they used in resident evil 4 and a few other games, they i didn't play not least because off this camera angle. I have played resident evil 4 few years ago, and have closed this game exact 5 min later because of this stupid camera angle.

The publisher of them maybe thought, it's new and looks good or what ever, but who cares about if it's looks good, if it is complete impractical for a shooting game, and also every other game, where you are able to use weapons (like in dayz).

I have played Counter Strike Source about 8 years and in a shooting game and also every other game you are able to use weapons, the control have to be as accurate as possible even you don't shot all the time in this game. And the camera angle have to be beneficial and not like this one, you would to implament.

In a game like dayz i would see my own charakter, that's the reason why first person is ineligible for me in this game.

I hope you are able to understand what i try to say, and i can't say, how this make me sick, if i think of it, if you change the camera angle like this one were the charakter are displaced like this.

The game will become unplayable for me, and that means i paid my money for nothing, because i didn't play it anymore then.

If so, i would definitely know where i will become my money back, because i don't let me fool like this. (An alteration like this after one and a half year, that changes the complete feeling of the game)

Edited by Platin.
  • Like 4

This is going to get removed as the forum team are scared of offending the game devs

BUT I CAN'T AGREE MORE!

The people complaining are sweethearts... If they don't like getting wall camped, go onto a FIRST PERSON ONLY server. I'm pretty sure thats the only reason they exist...

Edited by Accolyte
don't use that word
  • Like 3

The obvious answer is to just make it a third option and everyone wins.  If they force it, I'm gonna be super disappointed.

This is going to get removed as the forum team are scared of offending the game devs

Nothing here gets 'removed'. It gets sent to the graveyard at worst. There, everyone can view it in all its glory. 

People were crying for a new camera angle pretty much since the game came out. As the game is in alpha, it's likely that this is just one implementation BIS wants to try out which means they will definitely appreciate feedback on it.

I'll be nice and won't 'remove' this thread just yet. But I'd suggest you use less "fucks" in your sentences and try to be more constructive about this.

• Like 6

People were crying for a new camera angle pretty much since the game came out. As the game is in alpha, it's likely that this is just one implementation BIS wants to try out which means they will definitely appreciate feedback on it.

People cry about a lot of things in DayZ, doesn't mean they are "right."

This topic has been beaten to death though and it's up to the devs at this point.

My puls are about 180 if i think about this them, and my english isn't good enough, what makes it very difficult, to argument "more constructive" sry. In german it would looks a little bit different. But like i said, the game is unplayable for me at the time this camera angle will be implament, because it hurts for me to see this. That means i cant play it anymore then.

And if i would have know this before, i would have never buy this game.

I have no problem with it, if they change the angle a little bit, but not like this one where you look above your shoulder like this.

Edited by Platin.

Every time you start a new character, you start with nothing of value.  It can take hours to get a lot of the gear you want/need.  Then you run into a town where someone is lying down next to a window in a two story house in 3rd person, waiting, watching for movement.

"You are dead."

This is the play style that led to outcry for a new camera.  The person running into town above could look over walls too, but this was in no way a balanced encounter.

• Like 1

Every time you start a new character, you start with nothing of value.  It can take hours to get a lot of the gear you want/need.  Then you run into a town where someone is waiting around a corner in a two story house in 1st person, waiting, listening for movement.

"You are dead."

This is the play style that led to outcry for a new camera.  The person running into town above could ambush people too, but this was in no way a balanced encounter.

Edited by Bororm

So you are saying since everyone has the option to look over walls it is OK?

I love that argument....everyone else is doing it so it's alright.  That reasoning doesn't work in the real world though.

I wouldn't suggest 3PP needs removing (actually i would love it if it were, just for the laughs) but the camera does need work.....there should be no way, in a so called survival simulator, to be able to look over walls or into/out of buildings without exposing yourself to danger. 

A new camera viewpoint in 3rd could be the solution - whether the one currently suggested is the answer who knows?

• Like 7

The point is, there is no way or no arguments or whatever, for me to accept the change like this. Because like i said i would not play a single minute anymore with this camera angle. Every game i see this typ of camera all what i would say is wtf, because its horrible, and complete impractical.

Edited by Platin.

I'm not a fan of the over the shoulder cam in an open world. That's the big difference, in a closed world it makes a lot of sense. Using it on side of wall for example.

But, we don't know what it's going to be. We do know the devs have the same concerns as us about changes, check the 3pp dev thread.

Its tough, because the reason it's there is Arma. It increases situational awareness to real life levels, but that's only relevant with Enemy AI. So, it can't stay the way it is now, no way. At the very least the a camera moving in on prone and pivoting differently.

Don't forget it has a lot to do with vs Infected too. They need them to be DEADLY, can't do this while peeking.

I think they share your concern for unwanted side affects of making changes. Plus, if you don't like their final product, there will be mods, if it's needed.

Edited by Coheed_IV

If you think about it, they would eliminate the need for hundreds of infected, just by eliminating the 3pp exploit. Danger level while in towns would go up considerably by making this change.

• Like 2

there should be no way, in a so called survival simulator, to be able to listen over walls or into/out of buildings without exposing yourself to danger. 

I don't see an issue in being able to listen over walls and in buildings....within reason of course

Im shure, everyone of you knew this, before you bought the game. Then you start this game, become full equipped die a few times, "and start to cry", just because you lose your loot. Then you cry in the forums about the point you die all the time, that the developer become the feeling they need to change the camera angle (with it the full game experience) this game had the last one and a half year .

The result of them are this impractical camera angle they would implament in the next time.

All other people me included, they dont know before they bought this game, that they will change the angle to a impractical crap, (as for myself a few weeks after i bought the game) just people like you "stop to cry" about loosing her loot, have to suffer with this crap thus.

I have to live with it also if i get killed and lose my loot in the game, like every other people. Although i play friendly. But i dont cry about this, just because i get killed.

I dont care how often i die, but in which reason i care is, when they destroy a game afterwards for which i have paid before. Without i could know this before. That must not be.

Edited by Platin.

Unfortunately, yes, in an early access, alpha version of a game things can change drastically.

The Dead Linger for example will go from an "infinitely" procedurally generated world to a large pre built world in the space of one patch.

I don't see an issue in being able to see over walls and in buildings....within reason of course

Thanks for making that easy.  See ya!

f32fe0b0-5de0-4c1c-8b97-7fe3a6cbff24_zps

Change it , Change it ... Well good news is ya can suck on your thumbs in 1pp as babys do.

I gave up reading anymore after seeing the attitude you were giving out.

• Like 1

Thanks for making that easy.  See ya!

That's libel.

My lawyers will be in touch.

• Like 1

if you can't look over walls and see the surrounding area, I don't see the point of not just forcing 1pp, because there won't be much of a point to 3pp.

I don't pvp, so mostly what concerns me is that right now 3pp is the best defense against the silent zombies.  hopefully they'll fix the zombie sounds before they make this change.

• Like 1

Sadly I was hoping an improved 3pp could end this silly debate finally. 3pp people get to see their character and have greater general awareness not captured in 1pp. Similarly 1pp people don't have to worry about silliness like looking over walls. Everyone wins except for people who rely on the most distasteful uses of current 3pp. The playerbase could be united again! Alas, that population which relies on current 3pp shenanigans has come to make their voices heard.

Edited by Ebrim
  • Like 1

Hello, first of all, my english isn't that good, but i will try to write here what i have to say.

I have bought this game ca 2 or 3 month ago, then one or two week's later, was published that your schedules to change the third person view to the worst and impractical camera angle ever build in videogames.

I am not that person, that like it to offend any other people, but just one question, because im completly pissed off, if i think about this alteration, are you completely retarded!???

How it is possible, "to build" a game, that exist one and a half year (as an alpha) , and after this time ( one and a half year) you make the decision to change the complete fucking camera angle, and destroy the game for the people they bought this game because of the impressions they get before, off this game in one and a half year !????

Are you fucking kidding me!??

I saw this game (the mod version) few years ago, on youtube, and my first thought of this was, how can people like this, because off this bad animated zombies, they more looks like shadows or what ever, and the movement of them are a joke.

Then later i heard about the standalone version, the zombies were and are still crap in regards of the animation, but it's an alpha, and i know about the many bugs this game still have, but i though and think, this will get fixed until the full release of this game so i made the decision to buy them (like i said ca 2 month ago).

But then like i said ca 2 weeks later was published that you plan to change the camera angle of the third person to totally crap. I read about the argument, that many people are frustrated that the enemies are able to look above the wall or stuff like that. But first off all, i play this game most time for myself (alone) on more or less empty servern, and if i play on full servers, i play friendly, and don't shoot that much, only if i get attacked by someone. That means i dont care about this so called problem look above the wall or what ever.

Secondly, everybody have the option to look above the wall, in a combat, and the most people they didn't like this, are that guys they die all the time because they can't play or aren't good enough to handle this situations or what ever.

Thirdly it is the fucking impractical camera angle they become "invented" in the videogame history. Like they used in resident evil 4 and a few other games, they i didn't play not least because off this camera angle. I have played resident evil 4 few years ago, and have closed this game exact 5 min later because of this stupid camera angle.

The publisher of them maybe thought, it's new and looks good or what ever, but who cares about if it's looks good, if it is complete impractical for a shooting game, and also every other game, where you are able to use weapons (like in dayz).

I have played Counter Strike Source about 8 years and in a shooting game and also every other game you are able to use weapons, the control have to be as accurate as possible even you don't shot all the time in this game. And the camera angle have to be beneficial and not like this one, you would to implament.

In a game like dayz i would see my own charakter, that's the reason why first person is ineligible for me in this game.

I hope you are able to understand what i try to say, and i can't say, how this make me sick, if i think of it, if you change the camera angle like this one were the charakter are displaced like this.

The game will become unplayable for me, and that means i paid my money for nothing, because i didn't play it anymore then.

If so, i would definitely know where i will become my money back, because i don't let me fool like this. (An alteration like this after one and a half year, that changes the complete feeling of the game)

you should not have ignored the warnings about this game being in alpha, or where they clearly state "do not buy this game". the game is in alpha and is subject to change at any time.

To me it seems that in PvP scenario gaining the knowledge of what around the corner/over that wall should come at a price. The price is possibly giving away your position when you expose yourself. This new camera angle is a great compromise for those who want to see their survivor and those who want the risk/reward factor that we see throughout the game (i.e. drinking from ponds).

I agree with the previous statements that the only players that will likely find problems with this will be those who wall peak with 3PP. I get it, it's much more stressful in 1PP, or when unable to safely hide yourself from harm while surveying your surroundings. But this game is meant to be stressful.

• Like 1