Sign in to follow this  
anubis1524

Looting broken?

Can anyone explain what is with the new looting system and how it is different from the looting system were it all reset at every server restart?

What you are asking about is persistence. Persistence if items stay in between server restarts. I'll attempt to explain:

So lets say you are playing on a non-persistent server. You come across a house and it has two cans of peaches in it. You take the two cans and later on the server reset. If you were to go back to the same house, any items that were in it before despawned and new items spawned inside of the house. Things like tents, backpacks with loot, campfires, and trucks all reset after restarts in a non-persistent server.

Lets talk about if the server is persistent.

If the server you are on is persistent and you find a can of peaches and you don't take it, upon restart that can of peaches (along with anything else around it) will stay in the game and not despawn. Campfires, backpacks with loot, tents, stashed items, etc. will all remain in the game after a server restart.

I won't get too technical but if you want good loot you must look in places that other players don't search that often. You can use the search bar to find any additional information.

the difference is now everything is persistent, meaning whatever is out of whack builds up instead of being cleaned up.

so if loot doesn't respawn on a persistence server when restarts come around when does loot respawn?

Edited by anubis1524

so if loot doesn't respawn on a persistence server when restarts come around when does loot respawn?

not when.. 'where'.

They spawn where no one looks.

Simple.

As far as anything I've seen or read when you pick something up something else spawns at a spawnpoint withing 1km. It was really noticeable playing with my son a few times in loot puke areas. I was parking the truck the other day while he started looting the prison building and he was telling me about the Makarov mag he was picking up, as he said it I saw a bear trap spawn in the outside alcove at the end of the building.

Ok, this is basically my understanding of the whole thing, so expect some parts not to be right.

as for now, for .55 stable the game use the old legacy system after they found out new system is bugged as hell, the different is persistence is forced to all servers. so all the things i'm saying below are working for persistence servers (All servers right now ?);

Old system: so basically, in this system loots spawns at the start of the game, then they will re-spawn after an item is picked up or cleaned (deleted from server after a while of no interaction) (which is bugged in old loot system) they respawn where there is no player around but it don't care  about  what item to spawn. this is how it's intended to work, but there are bug that make it worse.

New system: basically this system works just like the old one, you pick up item or clean items, an item will respawn somewhere but the difference is they can control max/min amount of an item per server and per hive, they can set to just spawn 1 SVD across the server. which helps the system not to spawn items like books to much that other items can not spawn. also there is an option that set max/min amount of an item per building or it can choose what items to spawn in the building. this way we shouldn't see any loot explosion like the ones in elektro or military bases.

Future plans: as far as i know, they are working on a way to control items in a area. also there is dynamic loot that will allow any building to have a chance of spawn any items it want, as hicks said, maybe an m4 in a cabbin, who knows ? :D

What's with the long-ass explanation?

Persistence enabled = shit stays in the same place after restart. Leave a truck parked in your base, it'll be there later.

Persistence disabled = shit spawns randomly after every restart. Leave a truck parked in your base, kiss it goodbye.

What you are asking about is persistence. Persistence if items stay in between server restarts. I'll attempt to explain:

So lets say you are playing on a non-persistent server. You come across a house and it has two cans of peaches in it. You take the two cans and later on the server reset. If you were to go back to the same house, any items that were in it before despawned and new items spawned inside of the house. Things like tents, backpacks with loot, campfires, and trucks all reset after restarts in a non-persistent server.

Lets talk about if the server is persistent.

If the server you are on is persistent and you find a can of peaches and you don't take it, upon restart that can of peaches (along with anything else around it) will stay in the game and not despawn. Campfires, backpacks with loot, tents, stashed items, etc. will all remain in the game after a server restart.

I won't get too technical but if you want good loot you must look in places that other players don't search that often. You can use the search bar to find any additional information.

Insane to me how any server or a person that isan't a PVP Jack&*%$ would not want a Persistent one... Plant some food , Pitch a tent... Don't get killed..The End ...Or keep running around the city with your Trumpet. and still i can't find one server... They must HATE TENTS !  I PRAY with .56 they don't give private server Admins Persistent rights. Should be Mandatory on every server. Or whats the F*^&% point . To run around with just all i can carry , Yea thats TONS of FUN. 0o0o0o i just got killed let me run back to Electro and get my Trumpet.. Non Persistence , Get Real...

Edited by LoveAffair

Can anyone explain what is with the new looting system and how it is different from the looting system were it all reset at every server restart?

Its pretti simple: Persistence on, new server start working, 50 people on the server. All people get backpack take all sh*t into it and leave this backpacks into the woods. Thats it. All this stuff is stay in this woods FOREVER. And this stuff dont respawn in da HAUSESSSSSSS....!!!!!!! So you go to server AND DIE FROM STARVATION WELCOME TO HELL MY BROTHA!

Edited by EddyBalboa