Vipeax

DayZ Maintenance ~ Should be functional again

Running 94444, all the servers are stuck on "Waiting for character to create"

Did no one reboot theyre servers after 4pm gmt ?

I have connected using 94444 just now. So the patch is ok.

Running 94444' date=' all the servers are stuck on "Waiting for character to create"

[/quote']

NEWSFLASH

Not every server is running the latest beta patch yet.

They each have to update it themselves.

So, to everyone, unless you want VERY limited server selection, stick with the next to latest patch until, when you filter for that patch number (in this case, 94444), you get a reasonable number of low ping servers, then move on.

I always wait until there are at least a couple of dozen servers on the 'latest' patch before upgrading. Once I did not, And I could only play on three servers for about 4 hours.

In addition, I am not sure what happens when you try to play on a server that's running 94364 (almost ALL of them are! Currently only SIX are running the 94444 patch).

I guess coming from a software and testing background, this stuff makes sense to me, but sometimes it's tricky to reason through in general.

Running 94444' date=' all the servers are stuck on "Waiting for character to create"

[/quote']

NEWSFLASH

Not every server is running the latest beta patch yet.

They each have to update it themselves.

So, to everyone, unless you want VERY limited server selection, stick with the next to latest patch until, when you filter for that patch number (in this case, 94444), you get a reasonable number of low ping servers, then move on.

I always wait until there are at least a couple of dozen servers on the 'latest' patch before upgrading. Once I did not, And I could only play on three servers for about 4 hours.

In addition, I am not sure what happens when you try to play on a server that's running 94364 (almost ALL of them are! Currently only SIX are running the 94444 patch).

I guess coming from a software and testing background, this stuff makes sense to me, but sometimes it's tricky to reason through in general.

It's backwards compatible with every server running the beta patch, there's no disadvantage.

Battle Eye keeps kicking the entire server stating: Unknown Game Version

Confirmed what Macenzie said, Atlanta 80 is having Unknown Game Version, also causing some people to spawn in debug land.

ye i just had the same problem, im also getting kicked.

I'm not sure, but I think BattleEye kicks people out because of the latest beta patch. It hasn't been updated yet.

But as I said, I'm not sure. People have reported that 94444 is working properly. So that's what's confusing me. :D

This is a silly question but how does one update the mod? :D

And how do I check my version number.

I'm not sure' date=' but I think BattleEye kicks people out because of the latest beta patch. It hasn't been updated yet.

But as I said, I'm not sure. People have reported that 94444 is working properly. So that's what's confusing me. :D

[/quote']

Negative, our server isn't on 94444 and people are being booted.

This is a silly question but how does one update the mod? :D

And how do I check my version number.

if you are in main menu down right corner you see wich version u have

So, are they getting DDOSed again? I was JUST playing about 25 minutes ago, and got offline for a few minutes, and now I can't get past character create screen... tried about 4 servers in different areas.

Any info??

Guys, this is sort of an off-topic question, but I'm really confused about these beta patches. Moments ago it seems that a new ArmA patch was released, 94444 something, and a few servers are already patched to that. My question is, how exactly do I update my game to that patch? I already visited the above-mentioned site for arma updates and downloaded the latest one, but it's a zip file. Should I just unzip it into the ArmA 2 OA folder or? Much appreciated!

Guys' date=' this is sort of an off-topic question, but I'm really confused about these beta patches. Moments ago it seems that a new ArmA patch was released, 94444 something, and a few servers are already patched to that. My question is, how exactly do I update my game to that patch? I already visited the above-mentioned site for arma updates and downloaded the latest one, but it's a zip file. Should I just unzip it into the ArmA 2 OA folder or? Much appreciated!

[/quote']

Well extract it first of all, of course.

Then I believe the .exe file is an installer which you just install to your OA directory.

Guys' date=' this is sort of an off-topic question, but I'm really confused about these beta patches. Moments ago it seems that a new ArmA patch was released, 94444 something, and a few servers are already patched to that. My question is, how exactly do I update my game to that patch? I already visited the above-mentioned site for arma updates and downloaded the latest one, but it's a zip file. Should I just unzip it into the ArmA 2 OA folder or? Much appreciated!

[/quote']

Then I believe the .exe file is an installer which you just install to your OA directory.

Ran the exe, installed it, yet when I enter OA the version is still 1.60.8756 something. Thanks, still, I'll just stick with what I have atm and wait for it to magically update by itself :D

[/quote']

Unzip and run the .exe. Simple as that.

Still getting massive amounts of lag. Can't pick things up off the ground, and zombies run off the other direction when they're agro. Then they come back about 15 minutes later and I'm insta-killed.

Game is currently unplayable for me.

[/quote']

Ran the exe, installed it, yet when I enter OA the version is still 1.60.8756 something. Thanks, still, I'll just stick with what I have atm and wait for it to magically update by itself :D

Did you bother actually reading the README.TXT? Or are you too pro for that?

beta patches are backwards compatible but im sticking on 94364 for a while