Towel-Tango

MERGED: Everything about DOGS

and nemesis with infinite RPG7 yelling STARS? oh wait - NOOOBZ! ... ^)

maybe dog is ok as a signal-warning of coming zombies\players when the safe house is established! but not roaming dogs you need to tame - that`s minecraft turf.

Not looking forward to dogs, their AI is going to be shitty and were going to have artificial entites fighting for us; mods going to die as quick as it flourished. Sick.

"finding things which depends on the skill of the dog (which increases over time through training)"

Ok mods going to die; skill based systems, yay.

God help the bandit/survivor that kills my dog.

I will crucify them. Oh, there's no way to crucify someone in Day Z? That's what you think...

Dog killers have a special rung of hell reserved for them, and it ain't pretty.

Where is this post on dogs, to read what it's about?

I can't find anythig....

I really, really do not like the idea of dogs (dogz?) in this mod, be they trainable or feral packs. Super fast, zig zagging zombies are hard enough to deal with without also having to worry about fast moving packs of killer dogs. The only way I would even consider liking the inclusion of feral dogs is if they attack anything, zombies or survivors, and even then I just see them as too game breaking.

Just imagine a full 60 player server where everyone also has a dog ... no, just no.

Has this idea suddenly become so popular because of Fallout or something? The mod is bloody perfect as it is now, and I would rather have the bugs ironed and server code tightened rather than anything as massive as adding dogs which would just add to rocket's wprkload and strain the servers even more.

What next? Robot butlers and PipBoys?

PLEASE, rocket, don't include dogs, cats or parrots into this mod. I know it is people's opinions if they do want them, just like this is MY opinion. Dogs = facepalm.

Dogs, feral or tame would be cool. One that uses it's senses to alert you to something should be the more common sort. Whilst the one willing to attack for you would be rarer. But overall dogs should be fairly rare.

i think the game would benefit from abit more variety in zombie types and i propose both zombie dogs to flesh out the widlerness or diversify spawns a little and dog "survivors"

esentially dog survivors are unaffected dogs that can be appoached out in the widlerness, you can have the dog follow you and be your pet. able to equip a msall backpack to it to hold items and tell it to attack things for you. The dog however also needs to eat either dog food from tins or raw meat cut from animals and drink water from a canteen everyone once in a while.

on antoher ntoe theres a wip horse mdo for arma2 that proves the concept of horse riding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRssGe_WBU0

im sure this could be vastly improved by Rocket if he was to attempt it. Having horses in fields and the widlerness that you can ride provided oyu find a saddle would be awesome

i think the game would benefit from abit more variety in zombie types and i propose both zombie dogs to flesh out the widlerness or diversify spawns a little and dog "survivors"

esentially dog survivors are unaffected dogs that can be appoached out in the widlerness' date=' you can have the dog follow you and be your pet. able to equip a msall backpack to it to hold items and tell it to attack things for you. The dog however also needs to eat either dog food from tins or raw meat cut from animals and drink water from a canteen everyone once in a while.

on antoher ntoe theres a wip horse mdo for arma2 that proves the concept of horse riding

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRssGe_WBU0

im sure this could be vastly improved by Rocket if he was to attempt it. Having horses in fields and the widlerness that you can ride provided oyu find a saddle would be awesome

[/quote']

Definately not for the dog zombies. This isn't Resident Evil. I have enough to worry about with the "survivors" who shoot fucking everything that moves.

But dog companions would be cool, you could tell them to distract zombies, it runs away, barks, they follow etc... or it could pin down a "survivor" who has a gun. (I use "" on the survivor as half of them just shoot randomly and it isn't really surviving)

I don't think it should be able to bite/attack zombies though, for infection purposes etc etc...

You could at least check whats already being added before making suggestions

I was thinking about how dog companions would be a really cool addition. Glad that rocket is already thinking about implementing the idea =D

Hey there guys!

I don't know if this has been discussed or proposed before, but I was thinking about how cool it could be to have a dog.

I thought about it to be probably like this: You can find a wild dog somewhere (woods, village, idk) that is just roaming around, probably shy or aggressive (you could do this with certain percentage or stuff). Then, if you got something like raw meat (or antyhting else, again, idk) you could tame it.

When tamed, the dog will follow you. At first it won't do this very good; you'd have to give it more food or water or whatever a dog could probably need (be creative). If you can achieve to make it more used to you, it could gain some special abilites, such as permanently moving only very close to and with you (like dog command: heel!), to automatically lay down as you do (like dog command: down!) and to not make any noise (dog command: quiet!).

If not trained well (not fed, not given water etc. - idk), it won't do this; it will bark, it will run around hunting like rabbits and stuff, it won't hide itself when you do.

So additionally to this (until now, my idea doesn't seem to make much sense, does it?) I would give the dog one very, very useful ability for its owner: the ability to get wind of other people. That's right: your dog could snarl and while doing so, sticking its tail between its rear legs and looking into the direction of where the other player(s) might come.

Alright, pretty much text, but I tried to explain this concept as much as I possibly could. For sure, you could expand it (with such as different races of dogs that have different strengths and weaknesses like in real life) but for the basic stuff, I think I got it. Anyway please feel free to post your comment and tell me what you think about this idea.

5284493.jpg

Rocket himself has already publicly hinted at including dogs.

Rocket himself has already publicly hinted at including dogs.

Oh, didn't know that (also by using the forum search I didn't find anything), but anyway; that sounds fantastic!

Well then, I hope his dog concept will be close to this one :)

Hey, thanks for the link - his concept sounds quite similar, even though I wouldn't focus too much on "hunting" but on this "prevision" ability I explained.

This would give you as a dog holder a valuable advantage and would make all the work to get your dog to such a level where its capable of getting wind of something worthwhile.

That would be just .. Too great...

And agreed... couldn't stand him to die^^

sounds good but imagine the speed of those dogs compared to the already flash mode zombies

sounds good but imagine the speed of those dogs compared to the already flash mode zombies

Zeds are pretty fast, that's right. Well, Idk 'bout that, simple balancing issue