Sign in to follow this  
gibonez

Things are looking good in the future

Take a look at these recent statements from the devs.

thSlPVX.jpg

5lyfPAj.png

It is refreshing to see a developer who does not bend a knee and caters to the lowest common denominator.

The prospects of dayz actually turning out to be the unique and different game that we have always wanted are extremely good.

So glad to see Bohemia Interactive catering to the people that main stream publishers have ignored for years.

So glad that BI is the antithesis of everything triple A publishers are.

So thanks BI for catering to the hardcore and those looking at fresh and unique gameplay experiences.

• Like 3

I wait for time when it will take us days to achieve something. Like find good weapons, repair vehicle or build fence and traps around your camp in woods. People that cry "I don't have time for picking apples, I want to "interact" with players" better start looking for new game to play.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Complete faith in BI and their commitment.

Just look at the A3 marksman DLC, incredible, just turned hundreds of thousands of in-game objects of all shapes and sizes into gameplay elements with weapon resting. It's quite amazing.

i really like the path being set by the new looting system, at the same time i am starting to notice a lot of issues with the type of loot spawning in certain areas. 

at the moment i am playing on a 0-5 pop server so if i loot something i can see where loot is spawning. i control 6 v3s's now due to persistence so if i die at any time running is no issue at all.

back to loot, at first it was great... however, now i am seeing things like 9 maps and a flare gun spawning on 1 police car.

other examples:

boats with nothing but raincoats and flares

fire stations that look like a cutco knife display and 2-4 fire extinguishers.

entire towns with no loot.

2 ak74's, RAK with 1 mag, 4 boxes of ammo, stack of seeds, 2 bear traps, and other random trinkets in 1 police car.

boats with nothing but boots, 8 in a row.

every police station empty of loot, also fire station, also military locations. (that was my bad)

heli crash sites, i found 3. with no loot. checked every day for a week, still no loot or new crash sites. made me sad...

entire towns with nothing but cloths. cool but sometimes a pair of brass knuckles would be nice...

4 chainsaws within a 30 meter radius.

1-3 chainsaws in the same place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

basically what i am getting at is there should be some level of spawn control where certain things have a limit to spawning radius. no one wants to see 9 maps in a single car...

i am not saying make a priority loot spawn in empty areas, that would just enable campers to sit and wait.

but if point A has x number of an item that category of item should spawn else where opening up other chances for loot that people might be searching across the entire map to find.

Note: i searched 30 deer stands, 0 items. are deer stands broken again? i feel like deer stands could have higher spawn priority due to the fact that they are more isolated and out of the way in the first place. no one wants to run 1k meters trying to loot deer stands and find nothing.

side note: none of these issues really effect me in the end because i can die at any time and spawn next to a v3s! this post is directed towards new players or people who aren't as resourceful/lucky.

• Like 1

i really like the path being set by the new looting system, at the same time i am starting to notice a lot of issues with the type of loot spawning in certain areas. 

current loot respawn system will change with next update, and will be upgraded in every update. "Hotfix", just broke things even more. This post is about thongs to come, not about current broken update.

thSlPVX.jpg

5lyfPAj.png

I'ma looking  :huh:

• Like 4

thSlPVX.jpg

5lyfPAj.png

It is refreshing to see a developer who does not bend a knee and caters to the lowest common denominator.

The prospects of dayz actually turning out to be the unique and different game that we have always wanted are extremely good.

So glad to see Bohemia Interactive catering to the people that main stream publishers have ignored for years.

So glad that BI is the antithesis of everything triple A publishers are.

So thanks BI for catering to the hardcore and those looking at fresh and unique gameplay experiences.

The images have been removed.

current loot respawn system will change with next update, and will be upgraded in every update. "Hotfix", just broke things even more. This post is about thongs to come, not about current broken update.

Thongs?? What we are getting more clothing? I'll only be happy with thongs if they spawn next to clippers so I can give myself a Brazilian.

Thongs?? What we are getting more clothing? I'll only be happy with thongs if they spawn next to clippers so I can give myself a Brazilian.

Don't forget to wax your butt too.

Don't forget to wax your butt too.

Nah I like the shaggy look from behind.

I wish I could unread what Jonah said.

Take it with a grain of salt.  The devs will lay out the foundation, which will be amazing, only to have it destroyed by modders