r4z0r49

DayZ Mod Development Branch - 725ecb9

The ideal place to post bugs is:

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/issues

Please make sure they are listed to the DayZ project. Feature requests can also be made through this system.

Full Download:
Client Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/%40Client-Dev-725ecb9-Full.rar
Server Files: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/%40Server-Dev-725ecb9-Full.rar
Mission File: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo
DB SQL: http://se1.dayz.nu/latest/.Development/SQL.725ecb9.rar

Prerequisites:
* [Prerequisites] - Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 x86 Redistributable (http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=8328)
* [Prerequisites] - Battleye Filters must be updated manually by server admins. (https://github.com/D...attleye-Filters)

Notes
* [server-Admins] - Make sure to update your server mission (dayz_1337.chernarus.pbo) with your own instance number.

* [server-Admins] - pCleanupBase.sql is a new SQL file for maintenance of base items make sure to run this once a day during downtime of the server to avoid issues ingame.

* [server-Admins] - pCleanup.sql has been updated plz update.

* [Players] - Crossbow & mosin are both using the new attachment system the old legacy system for other weapons will be phased out and replaced for the new system.

Changes:

[New] - Added Global attack range value.

[New] - all 7 attachments added to loot system. (old system, waiting on some new models)

[New] - Maintenance mode for built items has been started. (can be Enabled/Disabled by the admin, Times can be changed by the server admins).

[New] - Some built items can now be dismantled by players each object requires different tools to dismantle each object has a chance to break tools used. (Example Sandbag fence requires a shovel)

[New] - New crafting Recipe Nails,(equip_metal_sheet X 1 = equip_nails X 10, Toolbox Needed, MetalSheet spawns Construction,Industrial).

[updated] - Czech stringtables.

[updated] - Player temperature - Changed sun to +3, Changed rain to -2.5, changed Moving to +2.1. (added in vehicle check to water).

[updated] - MatchBox system reset back to 1.8.2.

[updated] - Missing strings.

[updated] - Loot tables updated to remove weapons with attachments you can add.

[updated] - Splints and Sepsis bandages can now be given to other players

[updated] - Only owners can dismantle built items at no chance of broken items.  

[updated] - Loot weights for loot groups.
[updated] - WoodenSplint Recipe (PartWoodPile X 2,equip_string X 1).
[updated] - Lowered Melee range. by 0.01 from 0.05 to 0.04
[updated] - You can now turn rope into String.
[updated] - Zed Animations have been moved back to a smooth animation transition from an instant move.
[updated] - Both tents impact sounds have been updated. 
[updated] - Armor values of fences have been updated based on the level of fence.

[Fixed] - Traps have now been rolled back to 1.8.2. 

[Fixed] - Sandbags, Hedgehogs, Wire can now be built on roads.

[Fixed] - Gate break in action is now shown to everyone but the owner of the gate.

[Fixed] - Journal entry for the new temperature disable system.

[Fixed] - Identified an out of memory issue caused by private scoped items trying to spawn. (Root cause identified Thanks to the ppl involved.)

[Fixed] - Quick fix to resolve players using an exploit to enter base's. Add report to admin also.

[Fixed] - Humanity missing variable added.

[Fixed] - Fence owners are no longer added to when other players upgrade built items.

[Fixed] - Dome tents have been added to cleanup system.

[Fixed] - Restored old low blood level effects.

[Fixed] - Identified an out of scope variable causing an issue within the gearHandler.

[Fixed] - DomeTent has now bee fixed to take damage.

[Removed] - loot Table Items (ItemMetalSheet(Not the one used in recipes),ItemConcreteBlock,ItemRSJ,ItemScrews).

Contributing
------------
Want to contribute? Or have we missed your name?
Please contact R4Z0R49 on http://dayzmod.com/forums/

Quick Install Info:

Full

• Download Full Client Files.
  • Navigate to your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory
  • Extract the @Client-Dev-725ecb9-Full into your arma 2 operation arrowhead directory.
  • To start DayZ use a command line string like the below

ARMA2OA.exe -mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;CA;@Dayz -noFilePatching -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause -world=Chernarus

Steam

• Right click Arma2: DayZ Mod, select properties.
  • When the window pops up go to the "BETAS" tab
  • Now Select Development! - public dev branch in the drop down box.
  • The files should now should now update
  • Launch as normal
  • Like 1

quick update we are in talks with fragnet in regards to a sponsorship with them for dayzMod.

Anyhow update to the dev branch let me know your thought on whats going on and as normal any bugs you find.

• Like 1

As a side note if this build proves to be stable i already have the files built and uploaded ready for a push to the stable branch. Just so i don't forget again :-(

• Like 4

b_560_95_1.png

To connect, you can also use "dayz.kichilron.de:2312"

• Like 4

Temperature – feels better, weather has been quite bad while I've been on the test server but not unmanageable. Only had to make a fire twice to boost my heat levels before sneaking into towns to loot (night and day but in heavy rain). So long as I am moving there has been no problem keeping my heat in the safe area. Being in a building quickly helps restore heat. Not had any problems finding matches, wood or heat packs.

Loot in general is a lot better with most items a lot easier to find, although some bits seem quite rare still like water bottles – not seen one so far. Alice packs might be a touch too common atm. Not been able to match the attachments I have been finding to a gun they fit on yet.

New position for chem light is great! Makes playing at night a lot easier.

• Like 1

Depending what feedback comes back over the weekend ill push this to stable on Monday. I need to get as much feedback as i can for the fence system good or bad i need to know how ppl are finding them to use/place/destroy, Defend against, attack against.

On Kichilron's server I've start building a base on the hill overlooking cherno 062 124. There is a tent there with most of the bits needed to build or take down fences if folks want to have a play but you'll need your own axe.

Could not find a padlock, only visited castles 4 times so far....

Disregard my comment about water bottles, found five after posting.... 

Edited by Detoeni
  • Like 1

upgrading an m16a2 to m16a4 - I've seen aim sights for m14 but not m16, but I think I saw a cco that did not have a weapon listed(thought at the time it might have been for the cross bow).

Is that what I need for the first m16 upgrade before adding the acog? 

b_560_95_1.png

To connect, you can also use "dayz.kichilron.de:2312"

Hey, suggestion: Enable side chat for easier co-operation between testing players.

Cheers.

Hey, suggestion: Enable side chat for easier co-operation between testing players.

Cheers.

Will do when I next restart (within the next few hours).

• Like 1

upgrading an m16a2 to m16a4 - I've seen aim sights for m14 but not m16, but I think I saw a cco that did not have a weapon listed(thought at the time it might have been for the cross bow).

Is that what I need for the first m16 upgrade before adding the acog? 

don't worry about those attachments for now they are being removed for the new system. Soon as i can 

Okay so there's two test servers?  I spent 2 hours on 108.174.57.160:2302.  Don't have all the stuff yet to build fences.  Should I stay on there or go to the Musty server?

Okay so there's two test servers?  I spent 2 hours on 108.174.57.160:2302.  Don't have all the stuff yet to build fences.  Should I stay on there or go to the Musty server?

There is a tent where I said with pickaxe, hammers, metal sheets and the build manuals. Also a few other bits, food and water. There are rocks and pump near by + easy access to cherno for more axe.

I got carried a way earlier and finished the base, but you welcome to add to it or smash bits off.

With the changes to nails its much easier to get the base bits but keeping your self supplied is still no small undertaking.

only gripe so far is the snapping point on the gates is about 18 inchs from the posts so you get a gap if you use it

Edited by Detoeni

One is mustys the other is one provided by fragnet as part of the sponsorship. You can use any you like they should be running the exact same version.

If someone can check gate breakin plz.

One is mustys the other is one provided by fragnet as part of the sponsorship. You can use any you like they should be running the exact same version.

If someone can check gate breakin plz.

Idea: I remember a test server that you R4Z0R and Skydive set up some time ago that had the option to spawn stuff in. Padlocks are pretty rare to find so something like that could make testing quicker, I will be testing on fragnet (108.174.57.160:2302) server today as well.

Edited by vinyljunkie

had a go last night with Detoeni, although rather drunk it was thoroughly enjoyable lol. 

Tried wrecking a wall on Detoeni's base when he asked me to do so, with hatchet. There was no mousewheel option to destroy and hacking at the wall didn't seem to be doing much (was only doing it for a minute or two but no damage to wall.

Yea hacking the wall will take a good amount of time. Ill try getting exact numbers later today. We have fixed a few other items this morning from the dev build.

If you contact me on skype ill send the patch files.

PS the fragnet server now has a dev mission to allow you to spawn stuff

Idea: I remember a test server that you R4Z0R and Skydive set up some time ago that had the option to spawn stuff in. Padlocks are pretty rare to find so something like that could make testing quicker, I will be testing on fragnet (108.174.57.160:2302) server today as well.

That will be the case on the new server set up by R4Z0R. Might be a good idea to have them either share Databases or (will do anyway) set up the Dev-Menu on me server.

• Like 1

ok so 1.8.5 has been released on steam under the beta branch but its pretty useless for most players until we can work out whats going on with the updates so they always stay the same in a simple format of development and stable i'm going to pull the 1.8.5 update thread until i get some more notice from Eugen on whats going on with steam.

Make sure to opt out of all betas unless your using the development branch.

Stable release's should be version 1.8.4.1 (opt out of betas)

or

Development branch should be version Dev-725ecb9 (development! - public dev branch)

Sorry guys this is out of my hands.

• Like 4