Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Spawning bear trap/mine protection

My guess is that people will try to put a mine or bear trap where they think people will log in or spawn a new character. I hope developers will try and give some kind of protection from traps when people log in or spawn.

• Like 1

Well they might try it, but it's more the point of base protection and camping fun.

Who wants to sit a mine somewhere where a fresh spawn (who has absolutely nothing but insolvable hunger) and watch them blow up?

Plus, who cares if a fresh spawn blows up THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! (except 30-60 seconds respawn)

Edit: I'd personally laugh my a** off if it happened to me as a freshie

Edited by benji_milo
  • Like 3

You know what would be nice? If there was a semi rare metal detector you could obtain to scan over areas incase you think it might be booby trapped. Could double as a weapon to if you had to lol.

• Like 2

Well they might try it, but it's more the point of base protection and camping fun.

Who wants to sit a mine somewhere where a fresh spawn (who has absolutely nothing but insolvable hunger) and watch them blow up?

Plus, who cares if a fresh spawn blows up THEY HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE! (except 30-60 seconds respawn)

they could loot tshirt! free rags -> win

I find it highly unlikely that somebody will know which specific bush or generic building I chose to log out in, and if a freshspawn logs in on a mine then that's just a waste of a mine.

Of course a bear trap could mess up a freshspawn's day since it'd break their legs, but honestly I think spawn protection would do more harm than good.

Dude, people shoot bambis for shits and giggles. Never underestimate the internet's need for fucking people up for the so called "lulz".

• Like 1

I find it highly unlikely that somebody will know which specific bush or generic building I chose to log out in, and if a freshspawn logs in on a mine then that's just a waste of a mine.

Of course a bear trap could mess up a freshspawn's day since it'd break their legs, but honestly I think spawn protection would do more harm than good.

They won't know. But they will estimate what positions are more likely than others. Not even to sit there and watch it happen, just lay down a mine and then walk away knowing someone "might" log in/respawn and blow up.

• Like 3

We have a decent number of weapons to choose from and a vast number of people whose playstyle is simply to kill any player they see and you're worried about spawning in near a mine?

I'd be more concerned with the random dude with a Mosin creeping along the tree line.

That would be a waste of time imo...

Taking into account the map size,there is a bigger propability of winning the lottery than someone spawning directly on top of a deployed trap.

If the spawned player fails to notice his suroundings,well...tough luck,no one's to blame except himself!

Edit:Grammar

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

My guess is that people will try to put a mine or bear trap where they think people will log in or spawn a new character. I hope developers will try and give some kind of protection from traps when people log in or spawn.

Yeah it already got me, I logged in, walked out the door, BOOM...

...you are dead...

Its tricky, and will be a difficult task to solve if they decide to do it, for now just watch the hell out on persistent servers!

I picked up a mine, never had one before. Where's a good place to put it?

Do the landmines go off if you get close to them ? Or do you actually have to step directly on it ?

Do the landmines go off if you get close to them ? Or do you actually have to step directly on it ?

pretty sure its a 1-2m radius.

pretty sure its a 1-2m radius.

Thanks twr , can you deactivate them once there set up without exploding them do you know ?

The mines and bear traps are not persistent so when the server resets the traps go away

Thanks twr , can you deactivate them once there set up without exploding them do you know ?

I dont know the percentage, but there is a chance it will still explode. honestly i think its 70/30 (explode/dearm) 3/4 mines iv tried have blown up... the condition of them might have a factor in it as well. best advice would be to stay away if you think its set.

iv also had them blow up with me activating them.. ha .. but that's kinda rare.

bear traps are the same, yet iv had alot more success de-arming them.

• Like 1

This is a solution for a problem that does not or will not exist.

It will create far more problems than it will solve.

• Like 2

This.

Furthermore, if someone wants to go through the trouble of finding a mine, and then placing it so perfectly that a bambi spawns right on top of it, then I say he should not only be allowed to, but congratulated on a job well done as well.

I picked up a mine, never had one before. Where's a good place to put it?

A few steps out the door of my tent, next to the bear traps.

• Like 1

I disagree.

What about a mine planted outside a house with only one entrance? Exitin through windows is impossible. The only way to survive is by server hopping.

Also, I think it is fairly easy to grasp where people tend to log in/log out. How about the shower in barracks, for example?

I disagree.

What about a mine planted outside a house with only one entrance? Exitin through windows is impossible. The only way to survive is by server hopping.

Also, I think it is fairly easy to grasp where people tend to log in/log out. How about the shower in barracks, for example?

I still don't see how this is a problem. Sure some people will die but having spawn safety zones will open the doors for far more problems.

It seems overall like a problem that will almost never happen thus does not require any counter measures.

I disagree.

Who on earth logs out in the shower in the barracks? Isn't that just begging to be killed while logging out? Or is that a server hopping thing?

If I'm in a military base or even a town I always run for a couple of minutes to find a nice secluded bush or house that nobody would even bother checking, let alone surround with explosives.

I still don't see how this is a problem. Sure some people will die but having spawn safety zones will open the doors for far more problems.

It seems overall like a problem that will almost never happen thus does not require any counter measures.

I don't see how it would cause more problems. Just make it impossible to detonate mines/activate bear traps until you've moved a radius of 15 metres of your spawn location, or so. Doesn't mean you should be invulnerable to everything. Just the traps.

I disagree.

You could always try deactivating the mine...