Sign in to follow this  
IgnobleBasterd

Voice to all players?

So me and a friend was playing on a server. We are both in skype voice talking to each other. Then suddenly in the game I hear a voice: "There is someone behind you, [ignoblebasterd]". Me and my friend was in TOTALLY DIFFERENT towns in the game, and we both heard the same voice at the same time. Are server admins able to use some kind of global voice chat to all players, or was this some kind of hacker, or what? Skype doesn't have chat rooms several people can join, so that's eliminated.

Yup, anyone with the server admin password can broadcast in global.

So server admin was trolling? -.-

What else can they do? Teleport behind people and pop them if they want to? Am I in some kind of danger if server admin is malicious?

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

What else can they do? Teleport behind people and pop them if they want to? Am I in some kind of danger if server admin is malicious?

More than likely he was trolling, as far as I know admins cannot teleport or do any nefarious things other than kick you. Well I was never given any abilities other than kicking peeps when our clan had a server

Turn the server off? 

That'd be about it.

• Like 2

Restart the server every 5 minutes or kick you... Both of these happen quite often to me. The only one that ever talked to me on global was actually very cool and now a friend on Steam.

Restart the server every 5 minutes or kick you... Both of these happen quite often to me. The only one that ever talked to me on global was actually very cool and now a friend on Steam.

Are you still finding frequent restart-kick abuses?  Most of the problem servers that I used to frequent seemed to have mellowed out with the kicky farm game.  But it could also just be that they stopped playing as much.  Regardless of the reason, I haven't experienced any kick-all restarts for a couple weeks now.

I have heard global admin before as well. But they were giving a heads up of a server restart. Very helpful, but scared the crap outta me :)

• Like 2

I was driving a truck one day and the admin call me by name in a creepy voice and said "Do you want to play a game?" that scared the crap out of me. Played regularly on another where the admin would loose his shit over global anytime him or his guys got killed then double reset the server. 

that happend to me and my squad too and it was funny as hell because the admin was going like this:

( heavy frensh accent ) ALLOH ALLOHHH EVERYBODY JOIN BÄHREZHHHINOOO DEAAAHHHTTTMATCHHH ! COHMME TO BÄHHHREZHINOOO AHHHHNND GET YOUHHR LITTTLE ASSES KICKED! " 

we laughd so hard !  ( and then went for berezino on the double  :D )

Sometimes I make an announcement in global chat, forget that I left it on, and talk to people in game in global. Whoops!

Are you still finding frequent restart-kick abuses? Most of the problem servers that I used to frequent seemed to have mellowed out with the kicky farm game. But it could also just be that they stopped playing as much. Regardless of the reason, I haven't experienced any kick-all restarts for a couple weeks now.

This was quite recent, 3-4 days ago. So, I obviously just don't play on those servers. The one that was kicking me would do so before I had even landed, and the one that was restarting got me killed by zed while trying to log back in... Pretty impossible to even play under those circumstances. I'd attempt to report then, but it seems that enforcement isn't very... robust.

This was quite recent, 3-4 days ago. So, I obviously just don't play on those servers. The one that was kicking me would do so before I had even landed, and the one that was restarting got me killed by zed while trying to log back in... Pretty impossible to even play under those circumstances. I'd attempt to report then, but it seems that enforcement isn't very... robust.

Sorry to hear that it is still happening.  Choosing a new server only helps out after the losses have been taken, and doesn't guarantee that it won't happen on the next one. It still helps to report them. They always want video recordings, though I'm not really able to record anything on my AMD setup, until some optimization becomes feasible.  I'd be happy with an admin chat channel that anyone could use to mesage admins and ask what's up.  I hear they are working on an in-game reporting system; maybe once that is out there, we'll see some effective enforcement.  Though I'd probably be somewhat entertained by what the OP has described, I'm sure it would get old if it was a regular thing.

I was driving a truck one day and the admin call me by name in a creepy voice and said "Do you want to play a game?" that scared the crap out of me. Played regularly on another where the admin would loose his shit over global anytime him or his guys got killed then double reset the server. 

Were you on the EITC server bychance? I'll hop on the global chat and do the classic Jigsaw voice "Do you want to play a game?" from time to time ;)

Were you on the EITC server bychance? I'll hop on the global chat and do the classic Jigsaw voice "Do you want to play a game?" from time to time ;)

Not sure, after the initial I play on low pop and am used to quiet... I kept on driving  parked and grew pumpkins before the reset 

Turn the server off? 

That'd be about it.

I've noticed some players are able to get access to global voice as well. They've definitely not cracked the admin password, so I assume it's some kind of hack. Usually they just pretend to be an admin and tell people to log off, it's a little irritating.

It'd be nice if there was a server option to disable global voice, or in-game option to mute it without muting local voice chat.

Edited by McTabish

Badmins who think they're amusing/funny on global voice chat have got to be the most annoying thing on the internet.