vfxtodd

Where is loot in .55 update ?

I've been told that loot now appears in different areas due to latest patch. Can someone give me any ideas where to go? Thanks.

• Like 1

Outhouses and car wrecks. Everything spawns in them now. Houses are more or less pointless at this point.

Oh, and some servers just don't have loot as well. Hope you enjoy server hopping.

The best way to do it (if you dont want to actually look for it) is to follow this guide....

1) Go to your search engine of choice

2) Type in 'How to find loot in dayz 0.55'

3) Find loot

OR

Look at any one of the threads on this board ON THE 1st PAGE RIGHT BELOW THIS ONE!!!!!!!!!

Really its been done to death already.... do you have eyes?

In my tents and stashed bags.

Search for WOBO on YouTube. He has done a video on loot spawns and as well as the information in his video the devs have made loot a lot harder to find as part of the 0.55 update.

I just gave up in the end and bought my own server, much easier and I can actually enjoy the game now. Must have died about 15 times in a row as a new spawn.

• Like 2

I just gave up in the end and bought my own server, much easier and I can actually enjoy the game now. Must have died about 15 times in a row as a new spawn.

Most stupid thing I ever read

You payed money to buy a server because you can't find guns and food on a computer game where it's supposed to be really hard to find guns and food... Just seems a bit of a waste to me? What are you going to do in your own server, on your own? Just gear up and shoot cows? Or gear up and hop to full server to pvp? I'm not trying to take the piss I just dont understand why you would do that?

• Like 1

You payed money to buy a server because you can't find guns and food on a computer game where it's supposed to be really hard to find guns and food... Just seems a bit of a waste to me? What are you going to do in your own server, on your own? Just gear up and shoot cows? Or gear up and hop to full server to pvp? I'm not trying to take the piss I just dont understand why you would do that?

No different than the people server hopping to be honest, but at least he isnt screwing it for others and hoarding and hopping and doing it all again over and over.

It's his DAYZ and he can play it how he wants

Edited by PlasticAssasin8
  • Like 1

No different than the people server hopping to be honest, but at least he isnt screwing it for others and hoarding and hopping and doing it all again over and over.

It's his DAYZ and he can play it how he wants

Yes he can :)

I don't play that much, usually only half an hour a night, and since 0.55 I have spent pretty much every night trying to get some gear and had no luck at all. Theres only so many times you can spend ages clicking an apple tree then die anyway before you start to get bored and lose interest. At least now I can fire up my server when I play, explore chernarus, kill some zombies and not have to resort to server hopping and making it more difficult for others!

• Like 1

I watched WOBO's video on 0.55 and he says very little about where loot can be found.

I played for 5+ hours yesterday and found 0.55 a very frustrating patch. I get it. It's a survival game. But I kept spawning miles away from any loot that I spent most of the time dying by starvation or getting killed by zombies.

Someone suggested picking apples to survive. Ok. So how do recognize an apple tree? Where are they? And if I don't have a backpack or jacket - which both are hard to find - where do I store the apples?

I think 0.55 was an extreme leap. Yea I know, it's supposed to be hard. But, it went from fun to annoying fast.

Top spots seem to be military jeep & police car wrecks, outhouses, steps of small machine buildings (dunno actual name) and tree stands.

Houses aren't always worthless tho. Got my M65 and my high cap in houses.

Edited by 8bit_Survivor

Thanks, 8bit_Survivor. Now, if I can survive long enough to find these things that would be great.

Where do you normally find a military jeep? Are they everywhere? I didn't know you could find a weapon on a house. I've just about given up looking in houses from what I've heard and experienced so far. Well...let's see what happens next.

I've found plenty of stuff in Novod and a few small towns up north. The server I've been playing usually has 20-30 players on it, too.

To start with I did die a few times to zombies on the south coast while finding not much of use; but then I got a spawn - lucky, I guess -  up by the truck depot north of Novod, and haven't looked back since. I never spend more than a minute or two at a time foraging apples or berries, because it's boring, but I haven't had trouble finding enough cans (and chickens!) to keep me going and I've found some awesome kit along with it, never having gone near anywhere particularly dangerous like military areas.

I'm enjoying this patch.

I play on a server which is almost always 50/50 and was killed yesterday, respawned at the top of Svet by the petrol station and by looting the top third of the town I walked away with a trumpet, the 8 pocket military coat, fully hydrated/energized, a box of .22 ammo, an axe, drybag, matches, pso scope, canteen and high cap vest. Most of that stuff was found in sheds and outhouses with all the ammo/weapon attachments in the jeep next to the police station.

When people say 'get off the coast' they don't mean you have to go miles in land you simply need to move to the smaller outlying towns normally and leave Elektro/Cherno/Berezinho and you'll probably be fine.

I had a similar story to this on another character (1pp) where I spawned by the factory near Sol and was pretty much fully energized and hydrated before I left simply by looting the small row of houses just above the factory on the coast.

Thanks guys. I'm still learning the map. Many times I spawn and have no idea where I am. I still think DayZ is one of the best games around right now. I know when I am more knowledgable about the map I'll be able to get around better and find what I need.

I appreciate everyone's help.

dayzdb has a great map that you can use or izurvive is also good. easiest way to determine what town you are in is the town names (obviously) or water pumps are quite nice to check with

I played last night and it appears that 0.55 is still in place. People were saying that with the Wednesday maintenance they were going to revert to the previous loot system. Nope I don't think so.

I died from starvation when I started playing as soon as I spawned in.

Fresh spawned , found some canned goods and a damaged splitting axe. But eventually got killed after the third zombie hit me.

For an update this patch was too extreme. Before 0.55 I'd spend hours trying to gear up. DayZ is a large open world environment. It takes hours to get around it. The drop in loot should have been spread over two or three updates. I'm gonna stick it out because it is in alpha. But I think it needs more balance.