Sign in to follow this  
beyond305

My character got wiped....

I am trying to submit a ticket but the website is popping up with a error everytime i try to log in. My character was about a week and a half old, was loaded with gear that would take me forever to find again with the way the new loot economy is set up. I was in the middle of a game on and empty server and my screen froze, wasn't able to ctrl alt delete or anything, i had to do a hard reset on my pc.

I thought character wipes were gone? i havent had one happen to me in about 2.5 months atleast!

please devs if your out there you can check all the logs on my character and see that i was on an empty server, inside a house with all doors closed, I was sitting here eating a sandwhich and all of a sudden bam, frozen screen.... now im a fresh spawn, i just want my gear back or atleast an explanation as to what happened. If I was someone how killed by a person or zombie il accept it but i would really like to know cause i doubt i was killed.

You most likely were killed by a zombie in the 30 seconds you remained ingame after the crash was detected, if it wasn't an error on the server's side that is.  You're not gonna get your gear back though, sorry to say.  Don't think they ever claimed wipes would never happen again, they may have squashed a few bugs that caused wipes but not all.

I believe the saying is "don't get attached to your gear".

I'd love to get back the gear my public guy had last night when I got the "your are dead" out of no where glitch last night.

I am trying to submit a ticket but the website is popping up with a error everytime i try to log in. My character was about a week and a half old, was loaded with gear that would take me forever to find again with the way the new loot economy is set up. I was in the middle of a game on and empty server and my screen froze, wasn't able to ctrl alt delete or anything, i had to do a hard reset on my pc.

I thought character wipes were gone? i havent had one happen to me in about 2.5 months atleast!

please devs if your out there you can check all the logs on my character and see that i was on an empty server, inside a house with all doors closed, I was sitting here eating a sandwhich and all of a sudden bam, frozen screen.... now im a fresh spawn, i just want my gear back or atleast an explanation as to what happened. If I was someone how killed by a person or zombie il accept it but i would really like to know cause i doubt i was killed.

Bad luck for you, but that is life in DayZ.  You said you were about a week and a half old, so no big deal. That means with your skills, a week and a half is the longest you should have to work to get your gear back, not forever as you so dramatically allude to.  You should be able to gear up tonight in about two hours if you know what you are doing.

Perhaps my buddy and I were the ones that shot you from about 50 meters away with a .22 round to the head?  You would never have heard it.  From your end, you just dropped dead.  :) 

If this was us, I'm not sorry.  We wanted your stuff.  That is the way of the DayZ world.  We don't trust you, so if we see you, we kill, you.  All the better if you never see it coming.  Even better, if we find a whine post on a forum after. lol.

Since the first days of the DayZ mod for Arma2, the same has applied; never get attached to your gear.  Never whine about losing your gear.  You will always lose everything sooner or later and will have to survive again.

The zombie apocalypse is a rough place to live.

I'm sorry to hear that but as BigMike said. You will probably not get your gear back. The devs can't look at every persons case and make everyone's loot come back if they get wiped. They simply have no time for that. I know it sucks when this happenes, happened to me just yesterday but my character waited for my return, luckily enough.

I guess there's only one thing to say and it stands writen right down on my signature pic.

-Cactuz

Two of my last three "deaths" have been to random wipes. One of them fully geared, with AKM full of attachments including a PSO-1 scope. Thanks, Obama!

They're not gonna fix it anytime soon.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

reasons I lose my stuff

1. character wipes

2. pvp

3. zombies

it happens so much I don't even bother getting good stuff usually

Edited by BroskyBro

Yesterday I've lost a character that was a couple of months old, he had everything you could possibly need and I don't even remember how many people I killed on it. I got disconnected from the server and when I tried to login back in it said it couldn't find my character so they put a fresh one instead. Friend told me that my character literally spawned dead and the character and it's gear textures spilled on the floor, was a fun picture though :)

Bad luck for you, but that is life in DayZ.  You said you were about a week and a half old, so no big deal. That means with your skills, a week and a half is the longest you should have to work to get your gear back, not forever as you so dramatically allude to.  You should be able to gear up tonight in about two hours if you know what you are doing.

Perhaps my buddy and I were the ones that shot you from about 50 meters away with a .22 round to the head?  You would never have heard it.  From your end, you just dropped dead.  :)

If this was us, I'm not sorry.  We wanted your stuff.  That is the way of the DayZ world.  We don't trust you, so if we see you, we kill, you.  All the better if you never see it coming.  Even better, if we find a whine post on a forum after. lol.

Since the first days of the DayZ mod for Arma2, the same has applied; never get attached to your gear.  Never whine about losing your gear.  You will always lose everything sooner or later and will have to survive again.

The zombie apocalypse is a rough place to live.

The reason i said its going to take forever to get my gear back is because they are not spawning hunter backbacks any more. Ive got 400 hours logged and have very crappy lucky. lost many rare geared men to stupid character whipes, I just dont understand why this isn't the main issue being worked on with the devs? I could care less about the Z's, the useless gear being introduced, the people complaining cause they think the game is completed due to them being new to the pc world, the constant new bugs that devlop every time a certain glitch or bug is fix, I can put up with it ALL except getting my character wiped. especially at a time like this, come on now i havent see a hunter backpack since 55.122 AT ALL. I just got on today and i think there was another update but i doubt il find a hunter backpack. along with all the other gear, 4 pristine protector cases (Something else i havent seen spawn) all pristine, 6 double C mags for M4, ACOG Scope pistine, plate carrier with pouches, pristine gloves, 2 sewing kits, flares, peeaaachhheezzzz (6 cans), swagnum, 35 ammo, mp5 with 2 clips rail, flashlight and silencer. 3 911 mags full. m65 tan, paut rev gorka pants

......il never find that stuff til like .78

Yesterday I've lost a character that was a couple of months old, he had everything you could possibly need and I don't even remember how many people I killed on it. I got disconnected from the server and when I tried to login back in it said it couldn't find my character so they put a fresh one instead. Friend told me that my character literally spawned dead and the character and it's gear textures spilled on the floor, was a fun picture though :)

I feel your pain man

The reason i said its going to take forever to get my gear back is because they are not spawning hunter backbacks any more.

......il never find that stuff til like .78

What? I'm pretty sure a friend found a hunting backpack in 0.55.

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

i was so mad when that happend to me the first time ...

now its like .... SO WHAT !

MY 500TH POST BIATCH !!!!

Edited by Munson_fry

get used to this. Game is aplhur.

Also,never had a whipe for a while and not after the last announced one.

please devs if your out there you can check all the logs on my character

lol no.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel

I am trying to submit a ticket but the website is popping up with a error everytime i try to log in.

If you PM me your username and email address I can have that sorted for you at least.

ah..just happened to my oldest character over the weekend. Very kitted enough to start ww3...lost everything when I accidentally fell of a 6' stairs...start over

Dayz logic, i guess il just go about looting myself up again. dont know where your "friend" found that hunting backpack cause i play ever single day 70+ hours a week  (i have no life) and have not found one since .55 update. hopefully they come out with a hot fix that repairs these items that are spawning super rare, i.e. matches, hunter backpack, m4 ammo,

hopefully they come out with a hot fix that repairs these items that are spawning super rare, i.e. matches, hunter backpack, m4 ammo,

To confirm, you are hoping that there is a hotfix to resolve the issue of rare items, being rare?

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah, k.

In terms of character wipe, haven't had one happen to me recently but really no point getting so worked up. This is hardly something to bother devs with.

It's just part of Dayz you. You spawn > you are bold and care free > you find stuff > you start being more cautious > you find better stuff > you become attached to your stuff > you die and start again.

Sometimes that black screen with 'You are dead' is a relief as once you are geared, there isn't much more to achieve.