the_governor

I broke my v3s's front wheels, how can I replace/repair them?

Hello, so I finally found my first v3s. It "was" orange, and it spawned in front of a police station. At first I took cautions, camped around it to see if it was a trap or something, but nobody seemed to be near me. I quickly took some screenshots, and jumped in.

221100_2015-04-10_00002.png

Driving was so amazing, I felt so good. I felt superior. The tank was full, so I drove around aimlessly, just enjoying it. Then, it hit me. Literally! A god damn post next to the road. I felt as the vehicle didn't want to move as good as before, so I went out and what I saw was devastating.

Here's a picture:

221100_2015-04-10_00014.png

Yes, you're right. Both of the wheels broke. My question is, how can one repair the wheels?

PS: Actually it was possible to drive with it, and I kept on going  :D

A few minutes later I noticed that my fuel was running low, so I quickly stopped the truck and looked at the map: Closest fuel station was a kilometer or less. I barely made it to the fuel station, but then, 20 meters away from it, I ran out of gas.

Just look at it, so close yet so far... Of course, I need a fuel canister to refuel, but still. Cmon! 20 meters!? PPS: mind the zombie, it somehow crawled on top of me and the v3s. Question remains tough, how could I have repaired the wheels?

221100_2015-04-10_00033.png

221100_2015-04-10_00031.png

Edited by Fuze.
  • Like 2

My question is, how can one repair the wheels?

It will be repaired upon server restart.

• Like 3

Thats still a pretty great first V3S experience :)

as for repairs.....   i miss the automagically repairing bikes.

• Like 1

It will be repaired upon server restart.

So you're saying it will remain in the same spot and will be repaired? What about the fuel, will it be refueled aswell?

Whatever you do DONT hit the zombie with a melee weapon. I did it.....The truck rocked uncontrollably and killed my character :(

• Like 2

I am actually in the same spot atm, inside the v3s, in the same server and looking for answers in the forums at the same time.There are now 2 zombies on me and my v3s haha. Server has not restarted yet, wich is good and bad at the same time. I have slided away from the fuel station :(. I guess the zombies are a little extra weight.

I don't want to get out as I know I'd die to the zombies!!!

221100_2015-04-10_00040.png

• Like 1

Once the zeds aggro your truck, they will stay aggroed to it.  You can use your truck as a zombie magnet since they can't do a whole lot of damage to it.  As was stated before, the tires will be repaired at server reset.  Your gas tank will be reset to full as well ;)  If you ever pop just one tire, go ahead and pop the other one so that you will get a smooth ride that doesn't pull to the side...

• Like 1

Turns out one can use the PET bottles to transport fuel, and I was able to fill 2 of my bottles up with fuel, and put it all into the v3s. I took atleast 3 trips with the 2 bottles.  As I got in, the fuel meter still showed a sad zero and the engine refused to start up.. I guess PET bottles either do not work yet, or the filled up so less that it was little to nothing for the v3s's monstrous engine. Oh well, I guess that's the end of my adventure, gotta start walking again  :(.

• Like 1

Cool, thank you Haven923, and kitcilron. I will run around a bit and wait for the restart.  :)

Fun thing is that if you have too many zombies on the back of the truck it won't move any more. I had to shoot five zombies off its back to clear the truck and get moving again ^^

Also that truck probably didn't spawn at the police station. They seem to be all over the map and main roads (most notably the coast road), as people hit stuff and run out of gas or simply run out of gas. Once I find a truck, I usually see 2-3 other trucks within an hour. 

• Like 1

Sounds to me like the crash gave your truck a fuel leak, as well as wrecked tyres. This is pretty common, and again should repair itself on restart.

• Like 1

Hi Fuze, some very nice pictures, and some good advice from other players too. Good luck with the truck.  :thumbsup:  

• Like 1