Holylance

Wednesday Wipes?

No. They get wiped at very random moments though.

• Like 3

How long does the maintenance usually take?  I just purchased the game for a friend and I would like to play with him tonight if possible

How long does the maintenance usually take?  I just purchased the game for a friend and I would like to play with him tonight if possible

3 hours if maintenance is standard. longer if required, whatever you should be able to play this evening with your friend.

As for the wipe, I've no idea and I advise that we all wait and see how it goes.

The last week has seen difficulty concerning persistence.

• Like 1

The last week has seen difficulty concerning persistence.

Hell.. as long as tents persistence is fixed I don't care how long it takes :D

QFT.

Lost two characters to random wipes. Will now proceed to just try and kill as many players as possible before it happens again.

Today's maintenance has been extended a lot further than usual. Apparently they think they found the persistence issue and need some more time to fix it.

https://twitter.com/dayzdevteam

Normally it would be over by now, but it was extended to end half an hour from now, and then extended again when they found the issue - so it might be a couple of hours, but you should be fine to play tonight (depending on your timezone).

I see you are a traveling man.

Coosa Vally lodge 929.^^

Sure am lexington lodge number 1 in lexington ky

Source?

Source?

I lost my first couple and a spare aks74u, mags and ammo I carried over from .54 on Wednesday.  Another with just farming stuff on Thursday and a test bag later that day. Lost a a test bag Friday and Saturday all on public up till this point. Found a private (vilayer) hive on Saturday and a big military tent which has stood since acting as my food base 20-30 minutes from most spawn points.

Are we still loosing them on some public servers?

Persistence bugs.

I just meant I haven't read anywhere that they are going to stop occasionally wiping persistence on Wednesdays, fixed or not. In fact as the loot economy evolves you'd think they would want to be working with a fresh slate on somewhat of a regular basis. Just think it's Ill advised to assume Wednesdays are goin to be wipe free from here on out.

I'm sure they'll need to do more persistence and character wipes before 1.0.

I'd hope the give some warning though.

I just meant I haven't read anywhere that they are going to stop occasionally wiping persistence on Wednesdays, fixed or not. In fact as the loot economy evolves you'd think they would want to be working with a fresh slate on somewhat of a regular basis. Just think it's Ill advised to assume Wednesdays are goin to be wipe free from here on out.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/223229-twitter-eugen-persistence-forced-no-wipes-central-economy-new-zombies-and-a-lot-more-on-todays-stable/

And there's a post on twitter someone asking "Will persistence get wiped every wednesday?" And Eugen answered negatively.

Edited by Yazar8

Just speculating but I'd expect some scheduled cleanup resets especially if anything exploitable gets found with the new loot system.

I talked to Eugen, and persistence wipes will no longer be part of regular wednesday maintenance. However, please do keep in mind that persistence is not yet completely pat down, so items can still be lost along the way due to bugs and such.

• Like 1

I talked to Eugen, and persistence wipes will no longer be part of regular wednesday maintenance. However, please do keep in mind that persistence is not yet completely pat down, so items can still be lost along the way due to bugs and such.

:)  Thanks for backing me up

Thx guys that was really all I was hoping for. I don't follow twitter or reddit so I lack some of that inside scoop knowledge.

Thx guys that was really all I was hoping for. I don't follow twitter or reddit so I lack some of that inside scoop knowledge.

I don't ether but allot of it gets forwarded to the dev tracker section.

I don't ether but allot of it gets forwarded to the dev tracker section.

Scumbag alpha.