Sign in to follow this  
Terror066

Prison Island

Greetings Survivors...

Simple question. Is Prison Island military property like the bases near Mishkino or the Central Airfield or not?

Thx for your answers and opinions.

• Like 1

Greetings Survivors...

Simple question. Is Prison Island military property like the bases near Mishkino or the Central Airfield or not?

Thx for your answers and opinions.

Have you not been there? There is a barracks in the backyard and a barrack like room (lootwise) in the back building. There is a military prison building and the main house is full with both, military but mostly police gear. I guess prison island is unique in that way that you can find military and police gear in the same place there. 

I just haven't been since the patch, so I can't say if the loot there is still good. It used to be decent, but I had no reason to go over there again, yet. 

• Like 1

I have been there and yes there are these two buildings that you even can find on military bases. But there is a Metalshed, 3 non military Baracks, the side Building of the prison and the Prison by itself which are all NON MILITARY. 

I have been there and yes there are these two buildings that you even can find on military bases. But there is a Metalshed, 3 non military Baracks, the side Building of the prison and the Prison by itself which are all NON MILITARY. 

Follow up question: have you been to any military base ;)

They always have other buildings beside the baracks. Unique about Prison Island is just that you can find military and police gear in one place. 

I would say yes, the prison would be a government run facility so it would have the support of the state and government imo.

I haven't tried it in 0.55, but when I tried it I couldn't drive all the way to the island, just to maybe 100 metres away. The island is useless now when the loot is random. Theres basically nothing of value there anymore, just like the airfields and military bases. You have an equally great chance of finding military gear in cars and houses.

I've never been to prison island because it's always camped by bandits. If the loot is worse there, maybe now is a good time for me to head over there and check it out.

I've never been to prison island because it's always camped by bandits. If the loot is worse there, maybe now is a good time for me to head over there and check it out.

it's interesting place..you need to wring all your cloths and run around till you get dry...

I actually went there yesterday and found five mp5 mags and some handguns, no machineguns. Also found food, which made it worth the trip. And thirty or so handcuffs. Way too many handcuffs.

You can still drive the truck there. I broke my legs exiting the vehicle though so bring morphine or a splint.

Pretty sure its a military spawn location, due to what spawns there.