Sign in to follow this  
kevo1414

Where are people from Chernarus?

You can see a lot of empty houses, you can see broken windows, you can see that in Chernarus people lived, but where they are? Did they suriveved? Did they left the country?

Seriously, I would like to see tons of corpse on the street, in some houses, some police bodies in police station and so on...I would like to see some elements before apocalypse. Some story...Some secret files that you could find in Military bases that explain this apocalypse...how it came to all this mess. 

Some dead people hanging in the woods because they gave up on everything. Some AI notes that they wrote before dead. Some stories...I would like to see  some family photo albums, some children diary and so on...

Can we expect to be something like this in game? At least corpse?

Btw, story, notes from AI, diary, secret files could be write by dayz community...

Sorry for bad english...

Is there any other topic with this kind theme?

Edited by kevo1414
  • Like 3

The ones that didn't get infected either got away or became dinner. :D  

Sounds completely plausible to me.  B)

it's been stated that at some point there might be hints as to what happened. We'll see.  :thumbsup:

There are many many more infected citizens from every walk of life INSIDE Green Mountain waiting to be released.

Sometime in the coming months, the devs will release them from the underground compound that has been keeping them at bay.

Dare I say, during their slumber they will have become, smarter, stronger, and differ greatly in their tactics in how they try to exterminate the healthy, the immune....

Edited by BioHaze

I agree that there needs to be situations that you could find in certain areas that you could be left to interpret yourself. Like a quarantine zone where the military kept survivors safe after the outbreak but after years they fell apart as the residents rioted against the military due to food shortages and martial law. Or they were overrun by the infected. Same principle for small checkpoints where the CDF (Chernarussian Defence Force) would of tried to control certain strategic areas. Then you could find loot placed in a specific way that could explain that a survivor right after the outbreak had held up for awhile. And like you mentioned in your post some notes that they might of written etc. 

I already do that ingame I write notes in the perspective of a survivor. If I'll keep the note it will be about me. Or I write notes that a survivor would of written early on after the outbreak or that specific day/night that it started then I leave them in houses next to a bed usually with maybe a can of food or a weapon next to the bed with the note so if someone else comes across it they will think that a survivor held up in that room wrote that note and had his weapon at the side of his bed.

• Like 1

What you speak of is called window dressing and will be added later in development along with mixing up some of the generic buildings and wrecked cars littering the map.   

• Like 1

Judging by the contents of outhouses, it would seem a large number of military personnel exploded while answering nature's call.

So one mystery is solved.

Edited by Pandema
  • Like 2

There's some mass graves around.  There's zombies.

It seems reasonable to just assume a lot of people died/turn to zombies and the rest just got the fuck out.  I picture it basically as players we're the only ones still around for whatever reason, where everyone else has pretty much evacuated as things got out of hand.

Edited by Bororm

I agree that there needs to be situations that you could find in certain areas that you could be left to interpret yourself. Like a quarantine zone where the military kept survivors safe after the outbreak but after years they fell apart as the residents rioted against the military due to food shortages and martial law. Or they were overrun by the infected. Same principle for small checkpoints where the CDF (Chernarussian Defence Force) would of tried to control certain strategic areas. Then you could find loot placed in a specific way that could explain that a survivor right after the outbreak had held up for awhile. And like you mentioned in your post some notes that they might of written etc. 

I already do that ingame I write notes in the perspective of a survivor. If I'll keep the note it will be about me. Or I write notes that a survivor would of written early on after the outbreak or that specific day/night that it started then I leave them in houses next to a bed usually with maybe a can of food or a weapon next to the bed with the note so if someone else comes across it they will think that a survivor held up in that room wrote that note and had his weapon at the side of his bed.

Yeaaaa exactly! Totally agree with that and I appreciate your good work with notes! 

Some of you said that people got away from Chernarus, some of them are just died, some of them was a dinner. Ok. Totally cool, but show me this. If they die there should be corpse or skeleton at least. And how did they left the country? Chernarus is island and only way to get of Chernarus is by plane or by water vehicle. 

On airfield could be some broken plains which would explain why people couldn't go with planes...oh and some dead people could have ID in pocket. Also I think every house should have an andress

Sorry again for bad english  :(

Edited by kevo1414