Sign in to follow this  
Mental Burner

DayZ 0.55 has given the sentence "the coast is clear" a true meaning

P.S. Chewie, is that you?!

Nope, I'm Chewie's cousin

This patch is extremely flawed and the DayZ homers are really annoying.

1. This is a game, not real life. It doesn't have to be exact, the point is still to be fun to play, no?

2. You die very fast in the server I play on, I play on a private server and the loot is non-existent right now.

3. I do not enjoy picking apples and berries on a constant basis, just to move to another spot to do the same thing, untill I can hopefully make it far North so I don't have to do it as often.

4. I am perfectly fine with "scarce" loot, but the loot needs to be bumped up right now, having literally nothing on the coast is absolutely absurd, especially if that is the main spawning point for players.

5. I have noticed that people that have actually made it North to get some "ok" loot are now traveling to the coast just to kill fresh players off spawn, just to eat them. It's lame.

6. The balance is not good, I understand the idea behind it, but It really makes people angry when they have to farm for food most of the game, instead of being able to find loot every once in awhile. Right now it seems like it is never.

7. If you are going to make the farming a key part of survival, then make the success rate higher when picking apples or berries. I see a million apples on one single tree but It takes me 30 minutes just to pluck off two. It doesn't make sense and it is extremely frustrating.

8. For those that are so pro-survival, I love DAYZ and everything they do, that's awesome but stop putting others down because they don't share your sentiment. This is the ALPHA, the whole fucking point is to put your opinion out there on what you think is wrong with this game, that is why it is an ALPHA game and not a finalized game. So cut some slack to those that are just throwing out what they feel needs corrected and what is fun for them.

9. So far.. There is a lot of people that share the same problems with this game, then there are those that will jump of a cliff if the Devs told them to. That seems to be the theme on this forum right now.

We want a survival game, that is clear. Realism brings that to life, most of us agree with that. This is still a game, so you still should treat it as such, it has to be fun for the majority of players and just spawning players into this world with nothing to survive on or to experience, other than just running around for 30 minutes just to die of starvation, that's just not fun for most players.

Most of you should come to terms with that. This is STILL a GAME.

If you want to continue to use the survival, extreme realism card, well, ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL, this is STILL a GAME.

It needs balanced.

/rant

• Like 2

Also..

If you were a new player, just getting this game, you would fucking hate this game. Let's be honest. There is not a lot of instruction with this game, not a lot of detail on what to do or how to do things. None of that is known to begin with, that makes life hard as is.

Then you take away almost all the loot on the map? Nobody just coming in will be able to survive at all, will get frustrated after a few attemtps, and then leave forever.

That's not what we should want as a community. I don't want that, I want the community to grow.

Beans for clever title. On the few servers I've seen, not only is the coast clear, the entire path north is clear too. I've managed to keep eating apples but still can't get away from "Hungry". Literally no other food has been found, nor a weapon nor tools nor seeds!

But thankfully the game is still a work in progress so things will be fixed/tweaked and no doubt working smooth at some point.

Central hive is only JUST being implemented (10% or so). Will get better as they get more control over what spawns where and when.

Also..

If you were a new player, just getting this game, you would fucking hate this game. Let's be honest. There is not a lot of instruction with this game, not a lot of detail on what to do or how to do things. None of that is known to begin with, that makes life hard as is.

Then you take away almost all the loot on the map? Nobody just coming in will be able to survive at all, will get frustrated after a few attemtps, and then leave forever.

That's not what we should want as a community. I don't want that, I want the community to grow.

I'm not sure how you missed it, but devs have stated the loot isn't as intended ... Certain servers being completely empty is a bug with private servers (and apparently some public?) and the devs had said they are still working on a fix ... As for public servers with no loot , the central global economy system was literally JUST put in , so please don't assume that this Is their end goal for loot ... It in time , WILL respawn correctly (even on the coast) but it will be somewhat scarce like now , just not THIS scarce .. So for all you forum noobs out there know this : loot was never intended to be non - existent , private servers are bugged , and the central economy system is in it's infancy so please bear with it and log any weird bugs on the bug tracker, loot will get better :) !

• Like 1

Nope, I'm Chewie's cousin

So you are Shoran or Dryanta? Or are you Jowdrrl?! But you don't look female...

So you are Shoran or Dryanta? Or are you Jowdrrl?! But you don't look female...

Wow... Chewbacca doesn't have any male cousins.... time to change my entire back story...

just spent 20 min googleing this shit...

Edited by MadWookie

Imo, they should make loot more plentiful in cities again (not TOO much though). This should be compensated with plenty of zombies, making there be very real danger.

I'm not sure how you missed it, but devs have stated the loot isn't as intended ... Certain servers being completely empty is a bug with private servers (and apparently some public?) and the devs had said they are still working on a fix ... As for public servers with no loot , the central global economy system was literally JUST put in , so please don't assume that this Is their end goal for loot ... It in time , WILL respawn correctly (even on the coast) but it will be somewhat scarce like now , just not THIS scarce .. So for all you forum noobs out there know this : loot was never intended to be non - existent , private servers are bugged , and the central economy system is in it's infancy so please bear with it and log any weird bugs on the bug tracker, loot will get better :) !

The balance will get better the more the devs progress to the 1.0 release, for sure. They reverted back to the old system one week ago and I finally found a COOKING POT! 

I am actually missing the harsh reality that the 0.55 update originally trowed us into, at the same time I still know that the central economy stuff needs to get better balanced in order to become what it was originally intended to be. 

0.55 scared the shit out of the devs, even though it was just a messed up loot system that put everything in toilets in the north. The Bear Grylllers were celebrating even though there was a ton of stuff up north, but a lot of folk f*cked off.

So the devs rolled it back which seemed to make some servers empty of everything apart from shitty xpolsions of rubbish stuff.

Even though Hicks is apparently saying" f*you shareholders and lame/whiner players - we are going to be a HC crafting game" - according to 3 people on this forum I don't think it's the case. I don' think this is what he wants. He wants to keep the game a Zombie Survival  Horror but a hard Zombie Survival Horror.

We've just got to hang in here on this forum,. keep commentating and not leave the game up to the handful of nutjobs that want to run around in rabbit skins with spears. (which they should be able to do in the game if they want).

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

you need to survive long enough to get north. i don't know what servers you're on (public or private?) but i play several private servers and they are empty. my public char who actually has good gear is parked until things aren't as messed up so maybe the public servers are okay?

my new spawn guys never have clothes or backpacks and can only carry 4 apples, although i get to almost starving while just picking the damn things. so the game has become, find apples, run to next town, find more apples, run to next town, find more apples....its a joke.

people need to start listening that many people are having trouble enjoying the game because as it is now for many servers, things are wayyyyyy out of whack.

i know i'm not an expert. but i've played long enough and can manage the zombies just fine (since 0.55 i have not been killed by one yet, thanks to them not spotting/tailing you from miles away and i stealth well in enough in towns to never be spotted). but my chars never have enough to eat because there is no food and i get tired of sitting at a tree for the 1-2 hours a day i get to play in hopes of finding an apple every 15-20 attempts.

From every post you've made that I've read, it really sounds like you're just bad.

• Like 3

From every post you've made that I've read, it really sounds like you're just bad.

Seriously. You eat apples/berries until you stop starving, then travel on. Not "eat until you are healthy". Not even touching the fact that it has NEVER taken me 15-20 attempts to find an apple. 5 minutes to find 5 apples, enough to run to the next town.

This thread is perfect evidence that any centralized economy has failed miserably, same goes for forcing persistence - persistent servers tend to gravitate to having very very little loot available, which combined with the coast being devoid of such loot results in people dying of starvation before they can make any progress whatsoever. 

Someone explain to me the purpose of a central loot economy... This isn't a god damn MMO where you'll put your couple million GP items on display for the plebs to see. This is a game where you should get attached to nothing because everything can be lost at any moment (you can get shot, your camp can get raided, the server where your camp is at might disappear, or the devs decide to change how items are handled (e.g. you shouldn't be able to recursively stack items inside of eachother), and do a wipe).

All those nicer items that CLE promises (e.g. SVD) will likely sit unused in someone's camp. The rarer the item the more it will be hoarded. What is the purpose of having X AS50s if 3/4s of that amount will sit on the ground in someone's camp?

This gets even more ridiculous when you hear devs talk about putting some item quantities in single digits (e.g. 3). Most people won't even know the item exists in the game, let alone see it, let alone be in a position where they can obtain it.

Edited by NexDemise

All those nicer items that CLE promises (e.g. SVD) will likely sit unused in someone's camp. The rarer the item the more it will be hoarded. What is the purpose of having X AS50s if 3/4s of that amount will sit on the ground in someone's camp?

making tents disappear after a month of no interaction could be a solution

making tents disappear after a month of no interaction could be a solution

I believe it was already stated somewhere on the subject of true persistence 9-12 days. I don't think it's implemented yet but coming with the item "lifespan" as the CLE development progresses.  

If you want to continue to use the survival, extreme realism card, well, ZOMBIES ARE NOT REAL, this is STILL a GAME.

It needs balanced.

/rant

Wuut!! Are you telling me that the aggro-man Zombie who wanders around here in the park during the days in my hometown is ONLY a drunk person and not a real Zombie!?

Damn! I have been playing this "real life" simulator for too long...

I believe it was already stated somewhere on the subject of true persistence 9-12 days. I don't think it's implemented yet but coming with the item "lifespan" as the CLE development progresses.  

The question is IF the persistence is still active even though the Devs reverted the loot system back to the old one? I have not figured that out yet.

The question is IF the persistence is still active even though the Devs reverted the loot system back to the old one? I have not figured that out yet.

The answer is yes on public and maybe on private servers right now.