Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Love the new update

Today was the first day I played with the new update and I have to say, it is definitely hard but I LOVE IT! Before, I had to just loot items and that was it, now, I am truly afraid of those zeds. There are side missions, too. I had to loot for my friend because he was on the brink of death. I spent 30 minutes in a small town and it felt like I was "trapped"  in this town even though it is an open world game. AMAZING! and I came across countless players who wanted to team up to survive because they were desperate. This update is changing the game. (no pun intended)

Update:

This is the DayZ I've been waiting for. Take walking dead's last few episodes for example. They were barely making it. always hungry, barley scraping by. In game, this is me. The zombies are my #1 fear because I can handle any player I come across. Amazing. Imagine walking on a lonesome road in the woods with a gun out that has limited ammo. Imagine being hungry for days on end while you go through ghost town after ghost town that all seem to have NOTHING. THIS.IS.WHAT.WE.NEEDED! 

This IS DayZ

Edited by therandomredstone
  • Like 15

Praise be, someone actually looking at the good side of this patch.

Beans good sir.

• Like 3

He's not the only one, .55 is the beginning of the game I expected it to be. Let the haters rage quit and take their toxic behsviors with them.

i enjoy the fact you cant sit in one town and loot it and/or kill bambis non stop, but the lack of food, strike that, non existence of food on the coast makes it almost not playable for someone new coming into the game. they wouldnt know to immediately run to the middle of the map to find food before they starve instead of exploring the immediate area they spawn in. 

This will help people to try to group together and survive as a team, but then again, the more people, the more food it takes to feed them. on top of that if someone gets injured from zombies you have to eat and drink MORE to get healthy again. 

I give this update a 5/10 stars due to the food issue. 

BUT it's more realistic. Any new player that played the current version of DayZ would have to take the game seriously. they would have to think "ok, its a zombie apocalypse so cans of food would be one of the rarest things to find" and they would have to resort to berries and meat like you would do in a real zombie apocalypse. In real life you wouldn't know what to do till you've been doing "it" for awhile. So they would have to quickly realize that their method of "survival" is wrong (if they are trying to loot buildings). they would have to learn to survive without canned food. Like in a real apocalypse.

i have not try this..do you need water purification tablets if you want to drink water from pond/river? 

I've been playing on a full private hive server and at the beginning I've been having trouble finding food and drink but now that I have 10+ food and drink on me and I keep finding more. As they said for the people having trouble finding loot you need to travel inland or you're not going to find anything. I'm very kitted out now and I love it that you don't just loot 1 town and you're fully kitted out. I have seen loads of people in vehicles looting towns way up north which is nice.  :)

• Like 1

Update:

This is the DayZ I've been waiting for. Take walking dead's last few episodes for example. They were barely making it. always hungry, barley scraping by. In game, this is me. The zombies are my #1 fear because I can handle any player I come across. Amazing. Imagine walking on a lonesome road in the woods with a gun out that has limited ammo. Imagine being hungry for days on end while you go through ghost town after ghost town that all seem to have NOTHING. THIS.IS.WHAT.WE.NEEDED! 

This IS DayZ

The zombies are my #1 fear because I can handle any player I come across. 

I'm just rambling off random nonsense

Sounds like it's starting to get to the early mod standard

I've been playing on a full private hive server and at the beginning I've been having trouble finding food and drink but now that I have 10+ food and drink on me and I keep finding more. As they said for the people having trouble finding loot you need to travel inland or you're not going to find anything. I'm very kitted out now and I love it that you don't just loot 1 town and you're fully kitted out. I have seen loads of people in vehicles looting towns way up north which is nice. :)

100% this. At first I couldnt find a lot (had logged off in elektro in 0.54) but the more I got inland the more I found. I really felt the increasing amount of loot every next village I roamed through. This is really how it should be and pretty much what devs told us. In the upper north loot was even similar to pre 0.55/forced persistence times.

Edited by Netzzwerg

i enjoy the fact you cant sit in one town and loot it and/or kill bambis non stop, but the lack of food, strike that, non existence of food on the coast makes it almost not playable for someone new coming into the game. they wouldnt know to immediately run to the middle of the map to find food before they starve instead of exploring the immediate area they spawn in. 

This will help people to try to group together and survive as a team, but then again, the more people, the more food it takes to feed them. on top of that if someone gets injured from zombies you have to eat and drink MORE to get healthy again. 

I give this update a 5/10 stars due to the food issue. 

I dont' see a food issue at all.  It is HARD to survive and get enough food but it can be done.  It takes a LOT of creative looking and scavenging through every side building and outhouse.  On the brink of death and finding that damaged can of peaches can make one feel like clapping!  That is the making of greatness in a game. 

Keep the food scarce, make it harder, players will adapt and learn or they leave.  If they leave, who cares?

• Like 1

I dont' see a food issue at all.  It is HARD to survive and get enough food but it can be done.  It takes a LOT of creative looking and scavenging through every side building and outhouse.  On the brink of death and finding that damaged can of peaches can make one feel like clapping!  That is the making of greatness in a game. 

Keep the food scarce, make it harder, players will adapt and learn or they leave.  If they leave, who cares?

I've seen many players leave because of the game being "Complete Bulls**t" and I say "Byee, more for us!" ;)

In about a week, things will spawn in the coastal towns. Just you wait.