nudelwalker

This is a survival game

Most people are playing the wrong game then.

The best tweet i saw from a dev was today.

https://mobile.twitter.com/eugenharton/status/583714726850486273

"This is not a pvp but a survival game."

I was never happy with how easy it was that you came across loot in this game.. Finding multiple guns, tons of ammo, food easily everywhere.. That is not survival to me and it seems to just nurture those who only wanted to run around killing people and thats it.

I hope loot stays extremely sparse..

I hope it stays with requiring hunting and farming to survive and not having someone with 200 rounds of ammo waiting for me to log in where i set up shop so to speak. Im all fine with people trying to kill me but right now its too easy. Before it was extremely easy.

I hope it becomes where it take hours to find a gun, then many hours more to find a single bullet for that gun in that when you have a chance to use it, the decision to use can come with alot of consequence. On that note i like how dangerous the infected are and only hope they become even more difficult. Hordes are going to be wonderful.

If people want a game where they just have all their gear set and ready to go each time they die im sure they will get it when modding is available. I will be far away from those servers.

Edited by cels

That's what's great about these new changes!   Once you get looted up, head to the choke-points for bambi traffic and you'll have access to all of the pre-gathered/sorted loot.   It's a huge time-saver and imagine the amount of Bambi-Steaks you'll have!  :thumbsup: B) :thumbsup:

Keep those changes coming!

Not sure why people complain about firefights, just stay away from the areas, easy. :D Let people play that way if they want.

I outran a zombie earlier he got slower and slower at least when you shoot them they dont all come running , in finding them rather easy to avoid but when i cant , they way the coding is now regarding creeping around i can move in behind them and give them a load of buckshot to the back of their heads.  The major issue will be new spawn , they need a ration pack to survive getting out of those full looted cities now.

Ive just put down my tent and lets see how that turns out, put down the shotty in it but didn't dare pack the ak47 in there, both of which i got in this new build by searching, very much like what i was doing anyway so no real change here. I just started hunting bandits cos they dont give people a go to at least try to survive, all they are interested in was camping on their high value spawn area and killing all they saw.

Havent seen as much on the servers anywhere now, i think some interest has dropped.

If anyone wants the other way of playing they can always get arma2 and the add on .

good point

The major issue will be new spawn , they need a ration pack to survive getting out of those full looted cities now.

Very good point, yes i think they will eventually give all newspawns a food with their battery & flashlight.

This way you can spread besser over the map

.55 is a step in the right direction imo but what I find funny is people defending stuff that is plainly wrong.

At the moment, and eugen has confirmed this in the central loot economy thread, rare stuff like rangefinders can spawn in barns (and random houses) way more often than should happen. That's not a big deal at all but it's not how it'll be in 1.0 so saying it's fantastic is silly.

Same with way too many silencers in the last release. There were way too many. It was silly.

This thing where we pretend every version is perfect is as bad as where people pretend every version is the worst. Neither are helpful in any real way.

Edited by freethink
  • Like 2

Yeah, in real life, could anything take more then three axe hits before they died?

A lot of things could, even (especially) people. Adrenaline is a hell of a thing

50 cent.

but jokes aside, people on drugs, and just on adrenaline can survive a LOT, and my experience is that due to zombies flailing a lot, my hits hardly ever connect in the head.

it's arms, chest, dick, arms, arms. gunshots are far easier for me.

Exactly. If you hit someone with an axe, even multiple times, depending on where you hit them, they won't drop right away. They might have broken bones and be bleeding everywhere, but they will have enough adrenaline flowing through them to allow them to beat you to death before they die.

Such as it is with the zombies. Combine deadened senses (from the mythical infection) with the adrenaline rush all humans get, and you get a rather hardy creature indeed.

Now, I am not saying that the "zombies" should be able to tank bullets and blows like nobodies business. A bullet to the gut should kill them, just like it should kill you, just not right away. They would have more than enough time to run up to you and smack you around some before they bleed out.

I eventually want to see "zombies" get the same injuries as players: bleeding, broken limbs, ability to get knock unconscious, etc

• Like 1

I agree that zombies should have been made a bit better, and there should have been more. I think once they fix the zombie animations (only hitting you once when you see the animation, not three times) they will be okay as long as they revert back to the time when an axe to the head is one shot kill. It's not realistic having to hit them with an axe 5 times before they die.

• Like 1

-snip-

I agree, i would like to pop a Z in the gut with a .22 and watch as he starts running towards me, keel over, wake up again, crawl for a bit. and THEN die.

that would be baller extreme.

I agree that zombies should have been made a bit better, and there should have been more. I think once they fix the zombie animations (only hitting you once when you see the animation, not three times) they will be okay as long as they revert back to the time when an axe to the head is one shot kill. It's not realistic having to hit them with an axe 5 times before they die.

I did it just half an hour ago, snuck up behind this b**ch who was standing in a field thinking she was "all that and a bag of potato chips", gave her a smack in the head with my axe.

she ded.. only problem was, i was aiming at a 45 degree angle above and to the left to hit her in the head. because the hit animations are...... dare i say, weak. so far.

i was being hit by one meters away from me, i had to laugh a bit

I honestly, am tired of the decked out akm with 3 drum mags, 5 water bottles, tons of food, fire axe, full camo, med kit etc players. I hope a day comes when ammo is rare and instead of having 3 75 round mags, we have half empty mags and bows lol. Make shooting zombies a last resort.

.55 is a step in the right direction imo but what I find funny is people defending stuff that is plainly wrong.

At the moment, and eugen has confirmed this in the central loot economy thread, rare stuff like rangefinders can spawn in barns (and random houses) way more often than should happen. That's not a big deal at all but it's not how it'll be in 1.0 so saying it's fantastic is silly.

Same with way too many silencers in the last release. There were way too many. It was silly.

This thing where we pretend every version is perfect is as bad as where people pretend every version is the worst. Neither are helpful in any real way.

Exacly, yes fix the numerous AK47's around the tanks at the NWAF, like every tank? But dont replace it with purple dresses, really?

The zombies are fine, its just the way they are working now are the issue.

Ill be honest with you, this is becoming the game i wanted, not the crash and burn battle it out thing , but the non spawn of food is an issue, 4 towns today and nothing at all, not even in the supermarket ,odd police station or school, that's kinda weird.

Ive found more buckshot than food, but that's fine cos i got a gun for it, if its still in my tent.

I honestly, am tired of the decked out akm with 3 drum mags, 5 water bottles, tons of food, fire axe, full camo, med kit etc players. I hope a day comes when ammo is rare and instead of having 3 75 round mags, we have half empty mags and bows lol. Make shooting zombies a last resort.

geez ive never had that sort of ammo and stuff , never been able to find the guns , wish i was as tired of it as you are

geez ive never had that sort of ammo and stuff , never been able to find the guns , wish i was as tired of it as you are

It actually isn't that hard, military bases are all over, just go to one, come out with a mag or two for an akm or whatever. I get fully geared in 30 minutes... lol Edited by BroskyBro

Yeah, in real life, could anything take more then three axe hits before they died?

In real life you would do the exact same thing you are doing in the game; freaking out, panicking and flailing away not getting much done on the way to meeting your fate.

• Like 2

Still i think zombies are too overpowered. And it's bullshit zombies take 5 - 7 hits with a damn firefighter axe to die...

+1 

I've seen this game model itself from "The Walking Dead" with a lot of it's tools, weapons and gear but a zombie can multi hit you???? While you're taking one slow ass wing???? REALLY DEVS???? And it's not like we can shoot off a zombie's leg to take him down and make them crawl noooooo. These things are now so overpowered that yes, now we have to be uber careful but in my mind this isn't very good for the overall experience.

Yeah I'm more careful now but after seeing how many times a zombie can land a hit on me versus how many times I can on him, it's bullshit. There needs to be a middle ground here DEVS, not constantly swinging the patches from one extreme to another.

Last I checked, when you swing a fire axe, it pretty much chops off anything it comes in contact with. Why can't we chop a Zombie in half hmmmmm?????

I'm all for controlling the rampant PVP in this game but not at the expense of ruining it for everyone. Stop trying to control the players and just fucking develop the game already. Make the GRAPHICS BETTER. MAKE THE NET CODE BETTER. MAKE THE SLI COMPATIBILITY BETTER. That's development and THAT'S progress.

Edited by pabloottawa

Last I checked, when you swing a fire axe, it pretty much chops off anything it comes in contact with. Why can't we chop a Zombie in half hmmmmm?????

That.....almost never happens in real life, stop getting your reality from movies.

Hell, even cutting straight through a piece of wood is rather difficult. Much less flesh and bone which would be much harder to cut through.

• Like 2

I think the devs should have worked on the melee combat system just a little more before adding these new zombies. I have no problem with the update right now, but I feel melee combat would be more streamlined if it was worked on a little more. That way we don't just sprint in circles, swinging our axes at zombies who are also sprinting in circles swinging their arms.

I love the new update, but that's what I feel could have been worked on a little more.

• Like 1

Just survival within itself isn't fun. What's fun about running constantly just trying to find a scrap of food. No excitement.

What is exciting is trying to gear up after re spawn. I get a rush from going into a base or police/fire station knowing that there was likely someone else there that might shoot.

I'm sorry but just scavenging with no end is not real exciting. Just MHO.

I actually want to see the bow get the polish treatment. It is a very un appreciated survival weapon, because in general the masses are only playing to find the holy M4 with grouped mags. I think the bow should have a longer drop distance & be more effective at killing zombies in one hit, making it the primary zombie defense weapon. Most don't use the bow because it takes skill to use, and people would rather stick a scope on a rifle and shoot from a safe distance. I hope the Devs really do tweak the bow to encourage it to be a must have weapon

Just survival within itself isn't fun. What's fun about running constantly just trying to find a scrap of food. No excitement.

What is exciting is trying to gear up after re spawn. I get a rush from going into a base or police/fire station knowing that there was likely someone else there that might shoot.

I'm sorry but just scavenging with no end is not real exciting. Just MHO.

strange, but that's exactly what made DayZ mod so popular back then.

Because it was about all that.

Because the standart was that you die within an hour.

Over and over again.

And yet, this exact game back then became so popular.

I tell you what: because it's much more rewarding if you finally manage to survive longer after you dided a lot.

I find it funny that lots of people complain about how hard it is to survive now.

In a survival game.

Yes, you can't just stick to the hot spots anymore, grab some food, guns and run around for some quick action..

Yes, you will die a lot because you can't find food.

Yes , you will have to start to think and plan about how you are going to survive the next half hour.

Try to trade, try to hunt (f.e. gather stones->make a stone knife->get a ashwood stick & rope->make a bow)

think carefully before you go into the next town without any weapon.

Risk your health against zombies for food that maybe isn't there at all?

maybe better team up with that other guy to try and make a plan to distract the zombs?

or one goes picking fruits while the other goes gathering stuff?

All that for maybe getting betrayed in the end?

THAT's the stuff this game was born from.

It's that DEATH is common, and survival is rare.

That's what gives you such a rewarding feeling if you manage to STAY ALIFE.

I love it now, and i hope the casual quick action gamers find the golden chalice of unmatched game experience this system offers, or leave.

If you don't like all this at all, then it just isn't the right game for you.

Stay hardcore guys, stay alive.

OP You are a God for posting this! Too many Elektro PVP 13 year olds crying now and I like their tears!

• Like 1

I used to play dayz mod, which had zombie 1 hiting a player and hs only. Those server where always full (me and my friend played few times 31 hours straight or more :blush: )!

I don't mind at all hard survival or insane zombies. I do mind heavy desync and this is preventing me from playing.

Dayz is with this patch back on it's original track ^_^ .

Edited by metalica24

I never hung around elektro unless I spawned there. I like to roam and learn the map. I've watched players scavenge and Hunt each other while perched on a hill top. I'd rarely take a shot unless a player deserved it and there was an out if I missed.