Sign in to follow this  
maxotaur

Um... I'm not sure what to say... i'm afraid.

I haven't been on my PC in a while, following this, i haven't been on DayZ, i spawned in a forest at about 1am and it was pitch black, when i turned my torch on i saw a man in a top hat wearing a black coat waist high in the ground moving very...very.. slowly toward me with his legs being glitched under and map and only being able to see a torso. I'm afraid to play again.

• Like 1

But then you realized that none of those items are in game, you didn't actually see it, and that your computer wasn't even on.

• Like 9

And you realize that you were not even in your house, not even planet earth. Aliens abducted you while you were sleeping and you are currently in space playing in a simulator that the aliens are using to find out if humans are worthy of existence. You're cowardness has costed us our salvation. And you shall burn in the depths of hell.

• Like 2

Yes, i took a screen shot but it only came out black. I called my brother to come see it and he saw the hat of doom.

... i spawned in a forest at about 1am and it was pitch black, when i turned my torch on i saw a man in a top hat wearing a black coat waist high in the ground moving very...very.. slowly toward me with his legs being glitched under and map and only being able to see a torso. I'm afraid to play again.

Hey, maxotaur!

Hey man, wake up!

Wake up, you're having a bad dream!!!

• Like 1

Yes, i took a screen shot but it only came out black. I called my brother to come see it and he saw the hat of doom.

Does your brother also tend to download hacks for games registered to your steam account?

• Like 3

Patch 0.44 - Mad Hatter now implemented into Dayz.

You wouldnt log into a forest , You say you havent been on Dayz so your character must have surley been reset in the character wipe. You would be on the coast in most cases. This can not be true Mad Hatter :P

lay off the mushrooms bro they are bad for your mental health and top hats would be cool we need some class in dayz

You wouldnt log into a forest , You say you havent been on Dayz so your character must have surley been reset in the character wipe. You would be on the coast in most cases. This can not be true Mad Hatter :P

another player who doesn't actually play (y)

It was the monopoly guy.

• Like 2

Actually, you say that, but i wasn't wiped, i was still in the forest next to cherno, the one near the appartments, that was months ago... Although im dead now... i kept the same fully geared character, btw the hat didn't kill me, i got shot. 

damn peanut allergies have killed thousands! lol

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dayz.gamepedia.com/thumb/2/2f/Soviet_Army_Hat.png/240px-Soviet_Army_Hat.png?version=e15ba679f0fae71bed417cd295e6eba7

It was a black one of these i think but it looked very tall. But i haven't read about these in the patch notes or anything?

Hmm, I know you can paint most of the helmets. Perhaps it's possible to paint the hats too? (I've never tried)

You might also have been victim to a gfx bug that "paints" all textures black. I sometimes have that happen in my inventory list, but not actually on characters. But I've read it has been an issue for some people. It's really weird your character didn't get wiped in the update, but perhaps you were playing on a private shard? Also: I really want a top hat now :)

Hmm, I know you can paint most of the helmets. Perhaps it's possible to paint the hats too? (I've never tried)

You might also have been victim to a gfx bug that "paints" all textures black. I sometimes have that happen in my inventory list, but not actually on characters. But I've read it has been an issue for some people. It's really weird your character didn't get wiped in the update, but perhaps you were playing on a private shard? Also: I really want a top hat now :)

Didn't the private hive characters get wiped by accident in a recent patch too? This sound like the bigfoot sightings in San Andreas when it first came out. 

I 1000% wasn't wiped, i last played with my friend on december 30 and we still were in the same location, well, he died but his character he came to meet me with was still there, although all he had was a spade but i was fully geared. 

And you realize that you were not even in your house, not even planet earth. Aliens abducted you while you were sleeping and you are currently in space playing in a simulator that the aliens are using to find out if humans are worthy of existence. You're cowardness has costed us our salvation. And you shall burn in the depths of hell.

Nah those ancient aliens first visited us to help the Egyptians build the Pyramids, you know when DayZ was still in Alpha? They've come back to check on the games progress. Just ask this guy.

Ancient-Aliens.jpg