Sign in to follow this  
Dak69

How did i get killed?

Struggling to work out how i did. grateful for any ideas.

So i was in cherno in one of those blue buildings with 3 floors. I was on the 3rd floor (were the stair case leads up into the middle of on open room) when i heard a door open on the 1st floor. so i positioned myself so i could see just left to were the stair case leads to the 2nd floor but he was already there and took a shot at me, he wasnt fully geared up but similar to myself with rain coat and gun and a dry backpack. so i moved closer to the 3rd floor stair case entrance so the person would have to come up the stairs to have a shoot at me. Next thing there seemed like flames and an explosion and i was dead. it happened really quick. it would be an impossible throw with a grenade plus he would have had to be in my sights to throw it. unless there's a grenade launcher attachment that i don't know about.

It is likely to be a greanade. You don't need to be in his sights for that.

Or well, he is a hacker.

he could have bounced the grenade off the wall. or maybe hacking.. seems like there have been a lot of reports popping up in the past few days about hacks involving explosions, mainly carpet bombing entire areas. i had the 'luck' to see this happen in game last saturday, raBit posted some impressive pics in this thread -> http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/222759-tatankos-spring-bbq-the-aftermath/

Probably what Munson_fry suggested. You will currently take grenade damage through walls and floors.

I hope you didn't blow yourself up B)

Talking about mysterious deaths. I was shot in the chest, got a light tinted grey screen and a bleeding. I bandaged myself pretty much instantly (because I didn´t find him, nor did he shot at me). Then, 3 minutes later i walk (ran actually) over a open plain of grass towards  a group of fresh spawns. Then swoops! I am dead!

I was alone, expect the people infant of me. Yes, i checked my back 3 seconds before I got killed. It might have been an axe, but i think it was a bugged gun shot.

I wore a UN ballistic helmet (worn), UK assault vest, gorka pants and jacket, mountain backpack, face mask and glasses. I was at full blood, (minus the gunshot). The shot ruined my jacket and damaged/ruined my vest. Everything else was fine. 

When i got back, like 2 mins later my loot is gone. And none of the freshys got any of it. There was also some russians there, they were armed and "raped" fresh spawns :S. They didn't have my loot either. 

So any ideas how i died, and please, only thought out ideas please.

These are the times when you wish you had some sort of combat logs to understand what just happened. We have become so accustomed to the bugs in the game, that sometimes we just accept a death and move on, figuring it will get fixed later. But, did we get shot, and didn't realize it? Or lag out and get axed? I've died probably 5-6 times where I have absolutely NO idea about how. In a loot hotzone, I know I am risking death. In the middle of nowhere, I don't expect it but it does happen. 

There appears to be a new hack that people are using to avoid detection in the death logs. Twice now I have been in a safe location, ground floor, and suddenly I get the "You are Dead" screen. What makes this different is that there is no option to respawn, and the people I'm with told me my character is just stood there, and not dead. I re-log and I'm alive again, not a fresh spawn.

I would think this was just a glitch with the game and not a hack, however the second time it happened, shortly after re-logging and being alive I killed another player that happened to be very close to me, and upon checking his gear he was an exact clone of me. Same weapon, all the same gear in protector cases etc, everything identical. He had shot back at me, and I checked his pulse etc so know it wasn't just a glitched clone of me from when I relogged.

We've had reports on our server of hackers "carpet bombing" areas. We have no difinitive proof though, though we can check death/kill logs we had no admin on at the time. :(

This is not good nor welcomed. To think we pay big money for these servers so everyone can play on them and i hear stuff like this?

I havent finished my proposal to BI about the direction of Antihacks, i think we need to really have the devs understand our frustrations about this sort of behaviour on our servers.

This is not right at all, that someone can come in pay 20 bucks and cause utter BS griefing on those playing the game. What is there goals in this game? because its not even finished and they risk being caught.

Anyone whom posts on it ill laugh in there faces now, i am sick to death that they think its funny.

Some like to pvp others like to pve with a slight mixture of pvp. To have someone invisable on the screen, and use some method of killing another doesnt do them any good, There is no stats, no bonus's to killing another.

Also for them to alter the log files? and identity seems rather interesting.

We need more steps towards this now, before beta comes out and kick all those loser scripters from our servers.