Vault Boy

PM73 RAK... any good?

Was just wondering whether this is a gun worth hunting for.

Never used it and also never seen one for that matter, was wondering if anyone who has used it has an opinion on it and if it's a good weapon and if it's worth scouring crash sites for?

Thanks!

:)

It's worth picking up, not hunting for

Like lots of guns in this game, as it seems...

It's worth picking up, not hunting for

Like lots of guns in this game, as it seems...

Off topic question: 

Why do you always reply with colored text?

• Like 1

Off topic question: 

Why do you always reply with colored text?

Bitch, I'm fabulous

• Like 6

It's worth looking for if you like super rare guns, although the prestige of it being super rare is slightly lessened as it spawns at static military wrecks now, in addition to the helicopter crashsites it used to be unique to.

However, there's really nothing that makes it great in comparison to the other SMG (MP5K):

• Both have 15 round mags, but the MP5K also has a larger 30 round magazine, whereas the PM73's is only 25 rounds.
  • The PM73 uses .380 ACP, which is weaker and has less range than the the MP5K's 9x19mm ammo. It also seems to spawn less, and is used in fewer other guns.
  • The MP5K has several attachments, including all of the optics used on the M4, a suppressor, and a rail for flashlights. The PM73 has none of significance.
  • The MP5K is far more accurate than the PM73, and has general iron sights (plus, as I said, can use pictanny rail optics for those who like them.)
  • And, of course, both the mags and gun itself spawn far less than the same for the MP5K, so ease of use is far less than the MP5K.

The one real advantage that the PM73 has is fire rate, which is higher than that of the MP5K. However, with lower ammo capacity and a less effective round loaded, it doesn't really make up for all of the disadvantages it has in comparison. The PM73 as it stands is a prestige weapon and nothing more.

This could change in the future, though, with loot balancing and spawning being constantly changed. As it stands, I wouldn't bother hunting this down for anything more than bragging rights.

I have one it is subpar compared to the ak74 and mp5 imo

This weapon is cute considering the MP5K is like a compact version of M4 with all those attachments lol.

PM73 is like the blaze country rifle, and MP5K is the M4. 

RAK is a good weapon tho.

It's currently the most rare weapon ingame I would say. After 1200+ helis, I've yet to see one. Although we have managed to trade a couple of them and try them out. I personally liked it, but a MP5-K with attatchments looks better and performs better. :)

It is bad, hard to find, bad acuracy, bad rate of fire, bad damage, looks bad, spawn in bad places, bad to find ammo, people might kill you because it is a unicorn, dou its a very bad one and you don't want to lose your life for something that is so... bad right. If  you see one, you better run away from it. I found 3, gave all of them because they suck, and I fail to understand the logic, but people gets really happy when you give this piece of shit to them lol. If someone gave me this weapon, I would shoot him/her thou I might end up getting killed because this weapon is really bad.

Only good thing? Has such a weird/bad look that gets somehow cute, its firing sound is also cute. You see, a cute weapon man, that can't be good.

Edited by Avant-Garde

Thanks for the info guys!

So basically I'm not going to bother hunting for it haha, the only advantage I can think of is that .380 rounds are extremely common, other than that I may as well go for a more common MP5 or AKS-74U.

The PM73 uses .380 ACP, which is weaker and has less range than the the MP5K's 9x19mm ammo. It also seems to spawn less, and is used in fewer other guns.

I can find .380 Auto everywhere (similar to .357 Magnum and 7.62x54mmR) while 9mm seems to be much rarer - just like the other rounds for automatic weapons.

I think that's pretty much the use of this weapon: It's the only full auto weapon that can be supplied without having to go for high value loot spots. Aside from small handling advantages it's otherwise inferior to the MP5 or AKS74U.

But dogs don't see colors. Which colored text?

Supposedly they can see a thin band of Infra Red, and low level Ultra Violet.  This may explain his fabulousness...  Maybe it's just 50 shades of grey he sees?

on topic: i'll do a quick hunt for a table i saw recently, detailing weapon stats (not the best table imo but a starting point).

edit:

Weapon tables and recommendations:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fw8hSVGHOwQ5WLVtQQQPZlolnWMviIopSVlSVRNb-Yg/edit?pli=1#gid=0

Boom.

NB: no version number immediately visible... like i said, starting point.

Edited by q.S Sachiel

I've got one on experimental. The mags were found at a police station and the gun itself at a police car spawn location. Zombies take about 3-4 rounds to the body to drop. I haven't run across any survivors since finding it, so I cannot comment on that. Only that, even at short ranges, the spread is pretty significant. It's fun, and the fact it takes .380 ammo means you have lots of bullets as of .55.