ColdAtrophy

Autorun LUA Script

I took a crash course on the basics of LUA scripting because I sometimes find myself running for long stretches of time and I got tired of holding the keys down. The software that came with my Logitech G402 wasn't allowing me to set up a proper run toggle and I kept having problems with it. So, I spent an hour reading and worked out a script for it.

Is this going to get me in trouble with Battleeye? I'm still pretty new to PC gaming but I keep seeing things thrown around equating scripts with hacking/cheating and I want to make sure that I am not going to get in trouble. I don't think this should be viewed as cheating since I'm just making the controls a tiny bit more ergonomic for extended play sessions, but I don't know if the anticheat stuff can tell the difference.

Here's the script. I'm not an experienced coder (I went from not knowing what LUA was to throwing this together in 2 hours) so it may not be the cleanest thing but it does work.

[sniiip]

Do I have anything to worry about?

Edited by Max Planck
  • Like 1

Battle eye is a bitch about everything because of all the hacker babies so who knows.

a forum moderator probably.

I created a similar script for my G19 keyboard. If I press the G1 button, it will toggle "W" and "shift" simultaneously. When pressed again, the keys are released.

I assume you're using the event-scripts in your Logitec software right? Personally I haven't had any issues with BE with this. This stuff goes straight through your keyboard drivers and doesn't affect the game files and/or memory at all. So it should be fine.

I created a similar script for my G19 keyboard. If I press the G1 button, it will toggle "W" and "shift" simultaneously. When pressed again, the keys are released.

I assume you're using the event-scripts in your Logitec software right? Personally I haven't had any issues with BE with this. This stuff goes straight through your keyboard drivers and doesn't affect the game files and/or memory at all. So it should be fine.

Precisely. The script runs through automatic profile detection for DayZ. It runs automatically when I start the game and only affects whether I have to hold the keys or can hit one button to turn it on our off. I thought it likely that it wasn't a big deal, but I thought I'd post and ask just to be sure.

Dame, LUA. The language with no brackets :(

I've been using something similar in AutoHotkey for quite a while and haven't had any issues. I don't know all that much about BE, but I don't see how it'd trigger anything. You're just sending key presses that are perfectly natural in the game. Anyway, what I use is below. It's bound to =, so change that if you want a different key. Remember to tap shift to toggle it off before you try to do other things or you'll find all sorts of weird behavior typical of holding your shift key down.

[sniiip!]

Edited by Max Planck

dont need no script ill just lay my xbox 360 controller on the keyboard
it has the perfect shape and i wont get kicked or banned of any server for hacking

I haven't been banned after almost 1,600 hours of using a run script.

/thread

A piece of metal from the back of my chassi, between 2,3 and w. gets the job done every time.
It's pretty cool making a script for it though.. +1

I haven't been banned after almost 1,600 hours of using a run script.

/thread

Well, didn't BE accidentally ban you at one point for something bogus?

Until the devs change their stance on the matter, which I hope they will at some point, there is to be no posting of autorun macros/code/magic spells on the forum.

Sorry, but them's the breaks.

If you want to discuss the seeming lack of an autorun function, Iplease carry on in the 'autorun topic'.

• Like 1