Sign in to follow this  
Finchtastic

Incorrect road sign

I don't know where to post this, because it's not necessarily a bug or anything, but there's an f'd up road sign on the map.  Heading from Dubrovka to Polana, the sign to Gorka is wrong.  The one heading south says left to Gorka, which will lead you to Polana.  The one heading north is correct, left does indeed go to Gorka.  Obviously not the hugest issue in the world, but something worth knowing about I suppose.  So anyone reading this heading to Gorka from Dubrovka, go right at the 3 way intersection and ignore the sign, or you'll end up in Polana.

• Like 1

Sorry man. Hit that sign with my truck. Meant to fix it - but couldn't stop. Was being chased by a player with unrealistic run speed :p

• Like 3

Unless your Russian or fluent in the language i don't really see how anyone can understand any of that chicken scratch in the first place. I normally just use specific areas and locations iv been to as guides instead of signs. When you've played this game enough you pretty much learn to road map everything in your head that you have been to multiple times.

Edited by Deathlove
  • Like 1

Unless your Russian or fluent in the language i don't really see how anyone can understand any of that chicken scratch in the first place. I normally just use specific areas and locations iv been to as guides instead of signs. When you've played this game enough you pretty much learn to road map everything in your head that you have been to multiple times

lol I've just read them enough times to know what they mean.  I can't read cyrillic in any real context except for things like single words, like the roadsigns in this game.  

I have had this problem in game before when heading with a group from the NE airfield to green mountain on DayZRP. We didn't think of it too much, we just knew where we were going but this seems like an honest mistake by the game developers unless there is something that we are not seeing. But you should definitely take Jesus Christ The Goblin's advise and report this mistake and they will hopefully fix it.

Unless your Russian or fluent in the language i don't really see how anyone can understand any of that chicken scratch in the first place. 

I may have taken a bit more than fifteen minutes counting the brush-up sessions, but this takes out all of the guesswork when reading signs.

http://i.imgur.com/bCiPTU5.jpg?1

• Like 1

Considering most of the "stop" signs are in English, I would not sweat it much

Considering most of the "stop" signs are in English, I would not sweat it much

Well, it got me lost for about 10 minutes the other day lol.  Like I said, it's not a huge deal but it's something worth knowing if you're ever around the area.