Sign in to follow this  
eugenharton

Exp Update: 0.55.126866

Heres my experience of 0.55 so far - sporadic bouts of lag, about 60% of gameplay was laggy. I was on DE 0-5 as it was the only experimental server I could find. The playability seemed to have regressed to 0.48 (i think) when we had the odd clipping issues on clothing (its back) and melee combat was nearly impossible, its lucky there are no zeds yet! The issue with the "no wall buildings" is back too.

Ill put these issues onto the tracker.

Only change I noticed was to the fireplace - it no longer changes when sufficient fuel is added, I added 5 sticks and a book and was able to light it - it changed after 10 seconds of burn.

I just saw a vid where someone put a can of spray paint in a fire ... very impressive explosion! It even knocked a tree down!!!

Yeah, I'll be having a lot of fun with this :)

• Like 1

I just saw a vid where someone put a can of spray paint in a fire ... very impressive explosion! It even knocked a tree down!!!

How it matches up to the reaa thing 

go to 0:12

go to 0:52

We are missing the cool ember shower (make them physx objects! :)) Does bullet physics support GPGPU? Or make it a particle effect with the new renderer :(

If it was a particle effect then it will be hard to take into account wind direction, speed and smaller pops and bangs that would send embers flying. Gotta make a different effect for all scenarios and it will never be 100% right.

Hope they do something cool with the sound engine.

Edited by Franzuu

Yeah, I'll be having a lot of fun with this :)

Yes, it will definitely spice up the campsite, when your buds aren't paying attention! I'm sue that it'll cause a regular Chinese fire drill.

~snip~

The Bad

I hope, with the addition of weight for items, that rucks sacks will, eventually, go by a weight bearing capacity over a slot based capacity system.  Not being able to line a ruck sack with a water proof bag is absolutely absurdly ridiculous by the way, that's why there are waterproof bags to begin with.  Also, the water proof bags should be treated as protective cases or attachable pouches rather than as a shirt or pair of pants.

~snip~

What about backpack raincovers??

I've used one for years for cycling and it's a simple and effective way to make your pack waterproof.

They shouldn't necessarily be common place but eventually if we get plastic bags or tarps in game we should be able to craft them.

• Like 2

Just had to try the paint can and fire thing. Thought I had moved a respectable distance but apparently not.  I heard the boom just before the "Your Dead" screen.  This works so good it's scary.

• Like 3

Just had to try the paint can and fire thing. Thought I had moved a respectable distance but apparently not.  I heard the boom just before the "Your Dead" screen.  This works so good it's scary.

When I watched the video originally, I was expecting maybe a loud noise and a "poof" like the grenades sometimes do, but not an explosive force capable of killing bystanders  :| Glad I didn't try it for myself!

• Like 3

Has anyone tried a gas canister yet? :D Must log-on...

• Like 1

Has anyone tried a gas canister yet? :D Must log-on...

According to someone on Reddit, it works just as you'd expect (similar to spraypaint cans). I'm waiting to try a flare round this evening to see how it behaves.

I'm waiting to try a flare round this evening to see how it behaves.

I already tried it, it behaves just like any other bullet, same cracking noise, no visuals.

One of the reasons why i can think they would add explosive paint canisters to fires as an option would be to set of decoys to lure large infected away from areas of interest. I mean if you think about it, if a single gun shot can bring an entire mob of infected just think of what an explosion could do around the vicinity lol.

• Like 4

I already tried it, it behaves just like any other bullet, same cracking noise, no visuals.

Boo :( Thanks for the info.

PSA

HORRAY! Maybe this will finally get me ACTUALLY inspired to make some zombie related Dayz artwork finally.

Yay! :)

Edited by Tatanko
  • Like 2

Keeeeeep in mind though guys, first iteration. No wonders, just a new system :)

Proof me wrong, devs, please !

^I am fully prepared for newly implemented infected performance to range from completely broken to holy shit these fuckers are fer real fer realz!

I'm so fucking excited to tangle with new infected and all their AI's!

Are we getting some new audio for them too in this update?

giphy.gif

god dammit i need to work on not getting hyped every update

im so hyped every update

grrrrr

Edited by halp
  • Like 1

Yay! :)

Uh oh.  Is it me or did that sound diabolical?

god dammit i need to work on not getting hyped every update

im so hyped every update

grrrrr

I think this update is okay to be hyped about :)

Uh oh.  Is it me or did that sound diabolical?

Diabolical?  :huh: I kinda hope so actually haha.

Wouldn't mind spawning with my current character for some instant action!

:D

Wouldn't mind starting fresh and having my face eaten more than a few times as well....

I'm a body full of readiness.

I just hope stealth somewhat works when they put them in.

Wouldn't mind starting fresh and having my face eaten more than a few times as well....

I'm a body full of readiness.

Ok could you REALLY see yourself saying this in real life?

"OH BOY I CANT WAIT TO HAVE MY FACE EATEN MORE THAN A FEW TIMES!" 83

• Like 1