Harmony

What Will Happen To PVP in 0.55?

As you all know, in 0.55 I believe. The new renderer and the new 'Horde' Zombie Ai will be implemented.

VIDEO HERE - 

I understand that a lot of people on the forums disagree with what I have to say on this but, How will this affect player interaction? I hope the devs realize that the main part about DayZ should be its player interaction, and how in one second you could either be dead, or be a killer. This video for example, would it even have happened if the horde ai was implemented? With hundreds of zombies in the field where they were having that chase?

VIDEO - 

I just feel like they should make the zombies secondary, I wouldn't mind having a lot of slow zombies, or maybe not a lot of fast zombies. But now we will have a bunch of fast zombies ruining player interaction because everyone will be too busy fighting zombies. And if you think DayZ should be about the zombies than the player interaction then I don't know what to tell you. I just hope the devs don't make this affect the realistic player interactions that have made this game so known, you don't see videos on youtube about DayZ zombie telling, you watch the videos about the good vs the bad people, the people who don't care and decide to kill everyone they meet. And how some stand up and take the fight to those bandits. 

I know this was a ramble, but please don't mess this up Devs... :(

i think u have something terrible wrong 

zombie ( or infected ) hordes like that will force players to interact 

it will be team up or die !  im looking so much forward to a behavior like in the first video 

it will put the game to a whole new level 

so gimme more angry fast deathly Z´ds  

please devs do it now or i will shoot this dog

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 11

I disagreE with you. I don't know why shooting each other is called interaction

• Like 2

The game is about player interaction in a zombie infested apocalyptic world. The fact that zombies are finally going to have some sort of impact on player interaction doesn't mean that player interaction will stop. Just as when they introduce diseases, more complicated wounding systems and other things that will make surviving the environment more difficult, will not mean the end of player interaction. In fact I wager it will make player interaction a lot more interesting.

I am not of the opinion that more zombies (or less food, more diseases whatever) will mean the end of pvp, far from it. But it will occur on different premises, hopefully making it more complicated and thus forcing the player to give a lot more thought to his actions than they currently do.

• Like 13

I am looking forward to the Horde AI. Going to make going into a city a really interesting thing. Also means that interaction with a player you find in a city a little more racking.... do you kill him and risk drawing in the horde or do you group up and loot the city together and stand a better chance at surviving the horde. Choices are to be made and some of them will be interesting.

• Like 6

nothing

More zombies will do nothing to stop people from killing each other.

• Like 9

New zombie AI will intensify player interaction. Bumping into a player in novo and opening fire with your Mosin will probably result in both players dying or being considerably setback. I think backstabbing will become a more attractive means of acquiring gear from other players. I also think server hopping military installations will become much more difficult and less profitable.

Think how cool it would be for new players to be rescued by geared "heroes" when they are being overrun by a swarm of zombies like in the video. Much more compelling than these hero types handing out readily available supplies because there is not much else to provide as aid.

Think about how suspenseful it will be to witness a survivor fighting off the undead as you debate whether to get involved. Do you risk your own life against the undead? Do you take the chance that this survivor in need might turn on you as soon as things quiet down? The distinction between the various roles we fall into as players will become more defined.

Suggesting that players will stop interacting with one another is naive. A gamer with an AKM is still more dangerous than a dozen zombie AI. Because this is (mostly) true, player interaction will remain the focal point, with environmental threats in the form of zombies, infection, malnutrition, etc. as the filler between player encounters. And hopefully, these environmental threats will enrich player interaction.

• Like 4

I think this new change is okay, what really  worries me is how many zombies there WILL be. Like I want there to be more, intelligent zombies. But 200 increasing to 2000 is a lot. I just hope they mean it will be spread out serverwide, not like there will be 2000 zombies in elektro. You know?

In the early days of the mod the zombies were an immense threat, and the player interaction was much more tense and interesting as a result.  It feels like most of my player interactions are goofy and trivial... Standalone honestly won't feel right to me until the new zombieAI and numbers are in, and a stealth mechanic is implemented.

• Like 1

I just hope they mean it will be spread out serverwide, not like there will be 2000 zombies in elektro. You know?

2000 across the server.

I want more zombies. More infected ai will force players to interact more and team up, but it will not eliminate PVP completely, it will reduce it and make it more balanced, I think.

Zombies should be #1 threat! I'm sure zombie hordes will be only in some locations like big cities, towns, airfields, bases, etc. There won't be many zombies outside of these zones, maybe 5 zombies around a small farm house or barn. Maybe 1-2 zombies somewhere in the forest.

I hope Elektro, Cherno, Novo, Bases and Airfields and such will have a lot of zombies. Make it very challenging to loot those popular loot spots.

Adding as many zombie ai as possible will let them to stress test and eventually find the right balance.

Edited by ScorePoint
  • Like 5

video reminds me of the first time I ever fired the lee "the dinner bell" Enfield in the mod.. ps wont stop KOS'ing at all..

• Like 3

Won't stop the KoS'ing but will lead to a lot of rage posts about being killed by infected after firing their weapons.

• Like 2

If you believe that more, or better zombies will make pvp less common, you may want to take a look at the wet, i mean wonderful property i have for sale in florida.

I just feel like they should make the zombies secondary, I wouldn't mind having a lot of slow zombies, or maybe not a lot of fast zombies. But now we will have a bunch of fast zombies ruining player interaction because everyone will be too busy fighting zombies.

You signed up for the wrroooonggg game, my friend.

I hope Elektro, Cherno, Novo, Bases and Airfields and such will have a lot of zombies. Make it very challenging to loot those popular loot spots.

Adding as many zombie ai as possible will let them to stress test and eventually find the right balance.

This. Bring on the massive hoards! :)

• Like 7

Personally I can't wait to shoot at people who are trying to fight off zombies.

Yes and then they turn on you and the horde surges your way, I am sure you will kill a few but 30? 40? 50? And that horde and gunfire gives your position away even further, as somehow I doubt you will be hatcheting that many infected! 

Can not wait for this, infected being a threat will make people think more and all those KOS bandits will soon be swarmed and raging.. I will happily accept death from a sniper in the city, safe in the knowledge he is now fighting off and horde and I will see him on the coast shortly :)

• Like 1

Won't stop the KoS'ing but will lead to a lot of rage posts about being killed by infected after firing their weapons.

It won't stop KOS and PVP and I'm not against KOS/PVP, but it will be harder to KOS and PVP. If we make ammo rare and add more infected, players will think twice before they fire their gun and waste their precious bullets for nothing. If you gonna KOS someone 100 feet away with your only 3 bullets in your chamber, you better do it right, or you will be in a big trouble.

• Like 3

Zombies are only dangerous because they let other players know your position.  Zeds are your lookout team.  When you're looting around and a bunch of infected start barking outside you know someone is there.  That someone is the relevant threat.

I understand that some gamers try to play this game on a potato and often die to zombies (or perhaps they're just bad at melee) and so zombies can appear to be dangerous.  But really, when the game is finished, the zeds will only be an aspect to enhance player interaction.

• Like 2

Will this new zombie ai improve things like the zombies seeing you from 1000m away and running across vast distances to kill you? Or will you be able to break their line of sight and get to safety?

Edited by Na5h3r

Bring on the Zombies! B)

Lets see what happens.

Maybe something good...maybe something bad

• Like 1

Bring on the Zombies! B)

Lets see what happens.

Maybe something good...maybe something bad

"... Let's see what happens" - completely agreed. I'm sure the designers will be able to balance out the amount of zombies if their numbers (be it either too few or too many) turn out to impact gameplay in a negative way. Give it some time, play those future Experimental/Stable builds and shoot across feedback so the team will know what's up.

nothing

More zombies will do nothing to stop people from killing each other.

This. For some people PVP will always be the "end game" whilst others are the type who want to watch the world burn types, no matter what.

But I personally welcome the idea of turning the infected from their current annoyance state into a serious challenge.

Not sure if OP is trolling or not...

Yep. Seem like that. The game is called "DayZ. There is a Z for reason. Why would they make the Zeds secondary? Makes no sense.

:insert confused Jackie Chan meme here: