Sign in to follow this  
Wookieenoob

improvised silencer repair with tape

the thing is made out of tape around a bottle

why can't you tape it back up?

• Like 1

Because the gunshot just physically removed a substantial amount of the  bottle with the bullet impact and the gasses.

TBH the bottle should blow up not just rip at the end and it should blow up after 1 shot.

Functioning for 6 shots is not realistic.

Because the gunshot just physically removed a substantial amount of the  bottle with the bullet impact and the gasses.

TBH the bottle should blow up not just rip at the end and it should blow up after 1 shot.

TBH, duct tape is strong and durable as hell so I think it would take a while for the tape wrapped around it to break, if at all.

TBH, duct tape is strong and durable as hell so I think it would take a while for the tape wrapped around it to break, if at all.

TBH. Bullets where made to go through flesh, meat, bone. Can also penetrate thin walls and even metal. Can pop rough leather tires, and hurts like hell. Duct tape is nothing. gibonez is right.

You apparently have never shot a weapon....

• Like 1

TBH. Bullets where made to go through flesh, meat, bone. Can also penetrate thin walls and even metal. Can pop rough leather tires, and hurts like hell. Duct tape is nothing. gibonez is right.

You apparently don't know jack.

http://netstorage.discovery.com/feeds/brightcove/asset-stills/dsc/125451081379112580428901197_625Angle5.jpg

Edited by IgnobleBasterd

Realistically speaking .22 caliber weapons will benefit the most from improvised suppressors, so it's believable that they can last 6-7 shots on .22 weapons.

tensile strength is a different thing entirely from compression and impact strength. Looks like you don't know jack....

you don't know jack about duct taping stuff together.

if you got some bits of bottle and tape you got yourself a bottle

A particularly shitty bottle, have you.

A particularly shitty bottle, have you.

you're not drinking out of it, you're shooting through it. you just need to reinforce the shape of the bottle and it'll still work. 

you're not drinking out of it, you're shooting through it. you just need to reinforce the shape of the bottle and it'll still work. 

It has already been stated that the bottle will explode due to the forces of and the amount of gases released during a bullet firing. There will be little pieces of plastic scattered all over a 10m circle. If you want to waste half a roll of duct tape and 3 hours of your life to make a shitty "silencer" that wouldn't work in real life, be my guest.

tensile strength is a different thing entirely from compression and impact strength. Looks like you don't know jack....

Alright boys, looks like we need Socrates!

tumblr_malvblk0la1ra1m1wo1_400.jpg

This is a game, so why not balance this out a bit, so that .22-rounds benefit more from an improvised suppressor than other guns?

I haven't played DayZ for some weeks now, pls tell me: Can we somehow suppress the Magnum/Longhorn with either the pistol-supp. or the improv.-supp? Because I seriously hope not :D

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

irishroy, on 09 Mar 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

I haven't played DayZ for some weeks now, pls tell me: Can we somehow suppress the Magnum/Longhorn with either the pistol-supp. or the improv.-supp? Because I seriously hope not :D

the longhorn can recieve a crafted suppressor. it fits quite well because your view trough the scope is not alterated by the suppressor.

i used it once during a fight with 3 opponents, the suppressor exploded with the first shot (just like the head of my enemy :P ), and if i remember correctly, the sound of the bullet was quite loud. i didn't had the chance to fire a second shot, the second guy shot my leg and the third flank me and finished me off :( .

Edited by Zboub le météor

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ii2qlRx_bRc

Hope the link works.

As you can see the bottle is only damaged where the bullet exits. The sides dont explode and its not even reinforced with duct tape around.

• Like 1

irishroy, on 09 Mar 2015 - 12:33 PM, said:

the longhorn can recieve an improved suppressor. it fits quite well because your view trough the scope is not alterated by the suppressor.

i used it once during a fight with 3 opponents, the suppressor exploded with the first shot (just like the head of my enemy :P ), and if i remember correctly, the sound of the bullet was quite loud. i didn't had the chance to fire a second shot, the second guy shot my leg and the third flank me and finished me off :( .

SKS w/ PU is actually really nice with improvised suppressor

Because the gunshot just physically removed a substantial amount of the bottle with the bullet impact and the gasses.

Wouldn't blow up, mine always mushroom out at the end. And the ones I use on my AR work from 3-5 shots, the 22 lasts for roughly a 10 round mag, and the 308 kills it in one.

The devs are doing it wrong though, a bottle does nothin, I stuff mine with old shirts-which is actually what dampens the sound.

You should try it, their pretty cool for the 3 minutes of fun.

• Like 1

Wouldn't blow up, mine always mushroom out at the end. And the ones I use on my AR work from 3-5 shots, the 22 lasts for roughly a 10 round mag, and the 308 kills it in one.

The devs are doing it wrong though, a bottle does nothin, I stuff mine with old shirts-which is actually what dampens the sound.

You should try it, their pretty cool for the 3 minutes of fun.

could you repair it though? if you taped the end back down.

• Like 1

It has already been stated that the bottle will explode due to the forces of and the amount of gases released during a bullet firing. There will be little pieces of plastic scattered all over a 10m circle. If you want to waste half a roll of duct tape and 3 hours of your life to make a shitty "silencer" that wouldn't work in real life, be my guest.

Please refer to my above post

could you repair it though? if you taped the end back down.

I've never bothered since I make several at once. If it held the cloth or shirtsz I imagine it would work again- albiet rather shittily.

I've never bothered since I make several at once. If it held the cloth or shirtsz I imagine it would work again- albiet rather shittily.

if you repaired it after every shot do you think it'd still be bad?

if you repaired it after every shot do you think it'd still be bad?

Just tried it. Don't even need new tape, just readjust and add more cloth. The rounds punch through and move the cloth so that its not as effective, a simple twist shake and an extra chunk of shirt solved it, and I put a strip of tape over the exit hole for good measure

Just tried it. Don't even need new tape, just readjust and add more cloth. The rounds punch through and move the cloth so that its not as effective, a simple twist shake and an extra chunk of shirt solved it, and I put a strip of tape over the exit hole for good measure

so even if people are like muh realism you should be able to repair it

so even if people are like muh realism you should be able to repair it

Yes, but it should be reworked to need say 3 rags added to create one, and maybe duct tape and 1 rag for each repair.

Should this be a separate suggestion, the adding rags to the mix or is it could sittin rightchere?

P.S. It's my birthday