HarryPotter (DayZ)

So much negativity....

This game is being looked to as an example. We are all taking part in a grander experiment than simply the development of DayZ Standalone. This wasn't the first and won't be the last Early Access game, but it's one of the most high-profile examples and I think other developers are going to take a good look at both the finished product and the development process of this game before determining if it's worth it for themselves.

I love every second I play of this game, buggy or not, but most people aren't truly willing to take the plunge and fully participate the way that some of us are. When I say that, I mean coming into this process educated about how it is going to work, what to expect, keeping up with patch notes, etc. In other words, more than just handing over my money and playing it as though it's a finished game (like 90% of the community it seems).

Ultimately, I think this will turn out to be the exception, not the norm. I feel most developers will look at the process of developing DayZ and say, "Nope, not me. I don't want to deal with that." This makes me all the more grateful for the DayZ development team sharing this process with those of us who have taken the time to understand it and participate in it with enthusiasm.

I agree.

The thing is after being playing this game and being on this forum for alittle while. I really think early access and hard core perma death games are just not for everyone. There are allot of gamers that are used to fully released games, instant grad none perma death type games to really stomach the concept of DayZ SA. They dont follow the twitter feed, dont look at the patch notes ect ect. Becuase they want to jump and play, like the other games they own. There badge collectors, the type of players that like to collect and hoard in game. Its becuase thats how the other games are they play. Then one bad stable patch  and theres a fire storm of complaining. The reason, they didn't research the patch, and didn't see what others were saying. Like you said and I said on other this thread and others, you have to read the notes, watch what there saying. In fact this patch I decided to sit out til the hot fix, becuase I read the notes and saw there was issues thanks to hicks twitter feed. No big deal to me. I can take little break.  

• Like 1

Old Arma 2 code compiled with Arma 3 code doesnt work together. 

Here lies the problem, people spurt this sort of rubbish and believe they have something to say that is relevant.

Another well known troll member wrote something like "lazy devs importing from ArmA III"

So I asked,,,,

0.04 %...

No big deal, nothing to write home about and certainly not worth trolling.

Don't bring H1Z1 into this conversation, there is nothing, I mean less than nothing to compare.

• Like 3

Here lies the problem, people spurt this sort of rubbish and believe they have something to say that is relevant.

Another well known troll member wrote something like "lazy devs importing from ArmA III"

So I asked,,,,

0.04 %...

No big deal, nothing to write home about and certainly not worth trolling.

Don't bring H1Z1 into this conversation, there is nothing, I mean less than nothing to compare.

Wow...someones cranky!

I agree.

The thing is after being playing this game and being on this forum for alittle while. I really think early access and hard core perma death games are just not for everyone. There are allot of gamers that are used to fully released games, instant grad none perma death type games to really stomach the concept of DayZ SA. They dont follow the twitter feed, dont look at the patch notes ect ect. Becuase they want to jump and play, like the other games they own. There badge collectors, the type of players that like to collect and hoard in game. Its becuase thats how the other games are they play. Then one bad stable patch  and theres a fire storm of complaining. The reason, they didn't research the patch, and didn't see what others were saying. Like you said and I said on other this thread and others, you have to read the notes, watch what there saying. In fact this patch I decided to sit out til the hot fix, becuase I read the notes and saw there was issues thanks to hicks twitter feed. No big deal to me. I can take little break.  

Personally, I don't follow dev blogs or patch notes except for the odd bits and pieces that get posted on the forum. I play DayZ under the credo 'This is a work in progress, shit can and will go wrong at any time'. I've done so since the first time I read the warnings about the status of the game. Sure, I've sighed and muttered some expletives every time something went wrong, but then I just hit the respawn button, or I take a little breather. A little bit later, I'm ready to plunge myself into the abyss that is Chernarus once more. 

And to this day, the 20 euros I dropped on DayZ have been some of the best I've spent on any game. I've got some 60 euro AAA titles collecting dust on my shelf, all great games, but somehow they don't have the power to keep me coming back like DayZ has.

Perhaps I am more of a fanboy than I'd like to admit :P

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't follow dev blogs or patch notes except for the odd bits and pieces that get posted on the forum. I play DayZ under the credo 'This is a work in progress, shit can and will go wrong at any time'. I've done so since the first time I read the warnings about the status of the game. Sure, I've sighed and muttered some expletives every time something went wrong, but then I just hit the respawn button, or I take a little breather. A little bit later, I'm ready to plunge myself into the abyss that is Chernarus once more. 

And to this day, the 20 euros I dropped on DayZ have been some of the best I've spent on any game. I've got some 60 euro AAA titles collecting dust on my shelf, all great games, but somehow they don't have the power to keep me coming back like DayZ has.

Perhaps I am more of a fanboy than I'd like to admit :P

Its all good. I paid 29 dollars US for my copy. I got more hours in it then most game I own. So it paid for its self even If I stoped today. Im happy with the SA so far. I guess I am a fan boy, but for good reason. I played the ARMA series and OFP too. Really prob the best military sims I have ever seen hands down. Wait til they finish this one, its going to be epic. I will go through the growing pains to see it happen too. I am not going to abandon ship and play some knock off, just because of a bad patch. I will just take a break for lil bit and wait patiently for the hot fix. I got other game, no biggy.

I can definitely see progress since I started playing DayZ SA. I think .54 is the best build yet! Looks great and has been responsive on my rig. Not one crash yet B)

Thanks Devs! Do not forget about removing that dot in the middle of the screen tho

I love this game! It glitchy to a degree that i don't want to put things on the ground and every time i'm in a building i fear of a server restart that could accidently kill me with one of the infamous glitches but it doesn't matter because when this game is good its really good. I just started playing this game in the .053 update so i guess that the peeps that have been playing it from day one might have gotten a bit tired of the long alpha but for me if the game now launches "beta" around the time that they have said its ok. Also this alpha phase is a good time to learn and train the mechanics of this game.