Harmony

Mosquito/Nat/Fly Sounds. - TAKE THEM OUT.

do you mean the dragon flies they kick ass and so do the leaves blowing in the wind. whats the problem i don't see them as annoying and this is a SIM its a survival sim. wait till disease and stamina get entered into the equation the tears of the death match style of players will feed me for days.

• Like 4

Guise it kills his fps by 1 frame

plz remove for sake of optimization

#removebutterflypollendustyshit

• Like 3

Ох, лето красное! любил бы я тебя,
Когда б не зной, да пыль, да комары, да мухи.

Find translation yourself. ;)

• Like 1

plz remove them....this game has it's share of annoyances.....don't bring in fake ones....this is not a sim.

Play with me , I'll protect you0a689a78-dde8-40dc-9a97-b4bf9224ee8d_zps

I like em , I hope they annoy snipers that lay in the grass for hours :thumbsup:

Edited by LoveAffair
  • Like 4

Play with me , I'll protect you0a689a78-dde8-40dc-9a97-b4bf9224ee8d_zps

I like em , I hope they annoy snipers that lay in the grass for hours :thumbsup:

I think we need some snakes to keep the snipers warm.

• Like 1

this is not a sim.

Said the dude with 12 posts.. Are you aware this entire game's foundation(s) are built on a military simulator called arma ? ^_^

Do the mosquito's bite ? If not then what is the problem ??

• Like 2

A forced "Trouser Snake" shoved in their mouth..

HELL YEAH

• Like 1

0o0o0o0o yea and snakes and Scorpions and red ants and poison ivy and snow and gun jams and everything else - GOD i hate them... >:(

0o0o0o0o yea and snakes and Scorpions and red ants and poison ivy and snow and gun jams and everything else - GOD i hate them... > :(

I think that you are on to something. Any time that they build a ghillie, there should be at least a 20% chance that they unintentionally stick a sprig of poison ivy in their suit.

• Like 2

I don't think you guys understand as much as me and the other people with similar ear problems.

All I want is an option to turn off the sound they produce. If someone doesn't have sensitive ears and wants to be immersed, THEN DON'T TURN THE SOUND OFF. Like honestly everyone here is taking this as a joke when me and some people with the same problems can't enjoy this game as much. Unless the Mosquitos can suck your blood and give you a disease and Flys can take your beans. It shouldn't be a problem, its not like this is a major thing in the game. So would you guys be cool if the devs added an option to turn sounds like this off?

I don't think you guys understand as much as me and the other people with similar ear problems.

All I want is an option to turn off the sound they produce. If someone doesn't have sensitive ears and wants to be immersed, THEN DON'T TURN THE SOUND OFF. Like honestly everyone here is taking this as a joke when me and some people with the same problems can't enjoy this game as much. Unless the Mosquitos can suck your blood and give you a disease and Flys can take your beans. It shouldn't be a problem, its not like this is a major thing in the game. So would you guys be cool if the devs added an option to turn sounds like this off?

I got a solution that just might work.

Turn off all of the audio.

I got a solution that just might work.

Turn off all of the audio.

If someone has graphical issue, is your solution to them to turn off their monitor?

• Like 1

No. Sorry for your condition, but those sounds are part of the environment of the game. Ambient sounds should be the same for all, like foilage and grass should (ideally) be the same for everyone. Every player should be subjected to the same environment. What they do in that environment is completely up to the individual, but not how that environment is put together.

If you freak out on account of mosquito sounds, so be it, then it is part of how your character interacts in that environment, like some people would freak out of over darkness, confined spaces, water and similar things that are all an integral part of the game environment.

• Like 4

If someone has graphical issue, is your solution to them to turn off their monitor?

But it is not similar to a graphical issue. A graphical issue is when something is not working as intended, the ambient sounds are working as intended. It is your personal issue, and frankly if you can't deal with that issue yourself, it seems a bit entitled of you to expect that the game and everyone playing it should accomodate to them, rather than you yourself facing the consequences and either deal with the problem in some way or another (resolve the issue or turn down main volume) or simply refrain from playing the game.

• Like 3

I have developed a phobia of mosquitoes.  I woke up one morning in Brussels to see one pumping blood out of my arm and I freaked out. Ever since then I cant sleep if I hear them in my room or the sound of them flying.  I spent many a night hunting for hours for the little blighters before going to bed.

I get the same as you IRL. I cant stand those bit****. Well, i dont freak out, but they annoy me to the point i cant fall asleep untill the f**** is dead.

I understand how this could be tottaly uncomfy to play if it sounds too prestine for you. Afaik right now you cannot do anything in audio settings to remove this ( or anything else for  that matter, its either nosound or allsound )

I thought i will hate this ingame but so far i dont find it annoying, tbh it doesnt sound so "sharp" as the real mosquito when it fly-bys your ear.

Funny thing tho, everytime i hear it ingame im still about to slap myself...i find that a much bigger problem. Thank god they didnt implement this in summer :D

P.S Avoid Komarovo.

(комар)

I think we need some snakes to keep the snipers warm

Ill never forget my first arma3 snake :D dat shiet tottaly needs to find place in dayz..and bite

Edited by halp
  • Like 2

But it is not similar to a graphical issue. A graphical issue is when something is not working as intended, the ambient sounds are working as intended. It is your personal issue, and frankly if you can't deal with that issue yourself, it seems a bit entitled of you to expect that the game and everyone playing it should accomodate to them, rather than you yourself facing the consequences and either deal with the problem in some way or another (resolve the issue or turn down main volume) or simply refrain from playing the game.

So motion sickness as a result of the game graphics is "working as intended"...right

So motion sickness as a result of the game graphics is "working as intended"...right

The whole motion sickness issue is something I am highly skeptical of, as it does seem to be casually thrown around a lot in defence of certain feature settings in this game we should not get into here. However, even if the motion sickness claim is true, it is in no way comparable to the condition of having a phobia of mosquitos.

Edited by BadAsh

Have you tried putting a burlap sack over your head for protection?

Wait...in the game or real life?

• Like 1

Aaaah mosquitos. One of the reasons why I hate summer. I've:

- Passed out in a forest and beign bitten by over hundred of them in a small area until I woke up in a terrible hangover. Thank god I didn't have anymore skin showing under my clothes

- I've had one stuck inside my ear for 30 mins. I got it out alive by myself but it was freaking unpleasant to hear something flapping wings inside my ear and not knowing if it's just going deeper...

- Naturally there are countless sleepless nights inside a tent or a house that's door or window was forgot open.

About the in-game sound. It's nice to have them back again. They're not too loud and I liked them in Arma 2. Feels like home :D

Some of you guys are so inconsiderate, Mosquitos weren't even in the fucking game a week ago. And now you guys are acting like they are your gods? For some mosquitos provide extra immersion. But for others Mosquitos completely take us out of immersion. I can't even play DayZ without bracing my ears for another fucking fly-by. I googled 'disable ambient sounds Arma 2' and  there are ways to turn that off. So why is it a big deal, you guys are forgetting this is a game. That everyone should be able to enjoy.

Also if I have to, is the code of DayZ similar to Arma 2 code? I want to see if I can use the same code to disable those sounds.

The whole motion sickness issue is something I am highly skeptical of, as it does seem to be casually thrown around a lot in defence of certain feature settings in this game we should not get into here. However, even if the motion sickness claim is true, it is in no way comparable to the condition of having a phobia of mosquitos.

In my squad of 6 real life friends, 2 of them have to play the game with the FOV set extremely high or they get dizzy and cant play the game.  Even then it can still make their head spin now and again.  They are completely fine on other 1PP and 3PP games, so yes it does exist and you have no need to be skeptical.  Just because you do not suffer froma  condition doesn't mean it does not exist.  Makes you sound like an anti-vaxxer.

As for mosquito phobias and motion sickness being no way comparable:

One triggers a psychological effect which makes the game unpleasant, the other triggers a psychological effect which makes the game unpleasant..so yeah, you cannot compare them at all.

Edited by Beav
  • Like 1

Motion sickness is greatly exaggerated in order to defend their preference for a broken view perspective.

Hundreds of games have had first person only for good reasons for over a decade now and not a word on motion sickness outside of very few games with restrictive fovs, meanwhile dayz comes out and somehow its motion sickness simulator 4000.

• Like 1

Motion sickness is greatly exaggerated in order to defend their preference for a broken view perspective.

Hundreds of games have had first person only for good reasons for over a decade now and not a word on motion sickness outside of very few games with restrictive fovs, meanwhile dayz comes out and somehow its motion sickness simulator 4000.

Did you even read my post above yours?

I spent a long time with my mates to try and tweak their setting so the game did not make them feel sick, nothing worked except a higher FOV for them.  They don't WANT to have stupid FOV settings, but it lessens the negative effects for them.  

The primary issue for them was when they went from outdoors to indoors and they felt dizzy and nauseous.

Better frame rates in future will help alleviate the symptoms, but please don't talk rubbish about how people who suffer this genuine affliction are just making it all up so they can look over walls easier.

Let me help you with a little research : http://lmgtfy.com/?q=motion+sickness+in+video+games

Edited by Beav