Sign in to follow this  
3n3rm4x

Invisible zombies after patch

Today i was playing in a private hive at NWAF... Server restarted and after some time to not get the character wiped i joined it... I started looting and then i heard a zombie shouting... First he hit me while i was inside the barrack with all closed doors, but this is a common and known bug... So i decided to sprint out of the barrack to kill him but there weren't any zombie, even if there were still "zombie sounds" . He then hit me again and again, i ran in the open field but when i stopped he hit me again but i couldn't see him and not even hit his invisible hit-box so i decided to log out.

Am i the only one who had this experience in 0.54?? Is it an already known patch bug?

Sorry for the bad english, i did my best

I had it happen to me, I just sprinted in one direction for 10 minutes then the zombie was gone, lol.

I've had it like 5 patches ago too, but I had a feeling it got fixed though.
Maybe you were desynced with the server.

Happened to me in Berenzino yesterday, I just ran off a little ways from it and it eventually appeared again. Has anyone tried chopping randomly or where they think its at and can it be hit still while invisible?

Edited by Chzy

They are not invisible... They are back somewhere behind you.. Sometimes they follow u and think they found u and can hit you.

This used to happen alot. Most often happens when a zombie loses track of you in a house. Zombie gets stuck in house and just spam hits you.

Best bet is to go back the way u came and kill zombie

Yeah idk what they did, but the zombies are all kinds of jacked up now.

Happened as well just a glitch I was going in nw looting with my buddy and all of the sudden I hear a zombie sound it hits me and my buddy, we both barricade in the ac tower and I open the door and we spray the bullets but the zombie was still there. Eventually I logged out. just run like hell away from it and you'll be good.

Edited by DaNic2553

It's a server issue. And usually affects all players on that server. A restart usually solves it. Been happening intermittently for quite a while.

I can tell you that sometimes the zombies truly are invisible , mostly because of massive Desync .. I was once raiding the northern firestation of elektro , I turned to run out of the big fire doors and I received a hit from what sounded to be a melee .. confused I ran to the street , I recieved another two hits although there was no one around , and decided to attack the air over and over again ... When I stopped attacking the air a minute later, I quickly logged out and logged back in (I was no longer taking hits).. After the logging timer I logged in and saw a dead zombie body approximately next to where I was swinging blindly.

Long story short I believe that on some instances the zombies are truly invisible because of massive Desync between client and server, and a relog is usually the best way to make them visible again (if running for a few hundred yards doesn't make them appear again try and relog quickly).