fantommode

Player disconnects/connects

as I am looking at the logs for my server I see a lot of player connects and disconnects... is it people having problem connecting to the server specifically or is it a case where they are just having issues themselves and has nothing to do with my server, I am currently renting from Fragnet, was just curious if anyone else is experiencing this, I am just wondering.

I can post logs if need be. 

I am not really sure what you mean?

The player connects / disconnects are really just that. People connecting or disconnecting from the server.

• Like 1

Yeah, I check out my logs and its just full of player connects/disconnects like they connect and they disconnect almost immediately... and its just like dozens at a time... my question is if they can't connect because they are having issues not related to the server, for example if they crashed, or locked up, or whatever the case....

AdminLog started on 2015-02-26 at 05:56:17
07:00:44 | Player "Vassili" is connected (id=)
07:01:17 | Player "Vassili"(id=) has been disconnected
07:01:29 | Player "[CG]baili"(id=Unknown) has been disconnected
07:10:42 | Player "pinklovelybear" is connected (id=)
07:11:16 | Player "pinklovelybear"(id=) has been disconnected
07:12:58 | Player "Matt" is connected (id=)
07:14:00 | Player "Matt"(id=) has been disconnected
08:29:45 | Player "KittyCat" is connected (id=)
08:29:52 | Player "KittyCat"(id=) has been disconnected
08:47:25 | Player "[RED]LEONID" is connected (id=)
08:47:55 | Player "[RED]LEONID"(id=) has been disconnected
08:59:41 | Player "GicuDobrin" is connected (id=)
08:59:54 | Player "GicuDobrin"(id=) has been disconnected
09:13:32 | Player "CORDINGALLOY" is connected (id=)
09:13:32 | Player "CORDINGALLOY"(id=) has been disconnected
09:21:54 | Player "PROTOTIPO" is connected (id=)
09:22:18 | Player "PROTOTIPO"(id=) has been disconnected
09:23:48 | Player "sith" is connected (id=)
09:24:24 | Player "sith"(id=) has been disconnected
09:35:56 | Player "Wolf1" is connected (id=)
09:36:11 | Player "Wolf1"(id=) has been disconnected
09:53:11 | Player "Here For Food" is connected (id=)
09:54:21 | Player "Here For Food"(id=) has been disconnected

This is what I mean man, is that normal? 

Is this the case for most players that come to your server - that they stay connected for less than a minute?

• Like 1

Yeah, I dont know everyone else seems to connect just fine, some are kicks because of the invalid characters but others doesnt really say, they log then 10-20-30-40 seconds later they disconnect. I dont know... haha

hmm.. It is just the server. If I were you I would contact fragnet and see what they can do about it. They will (or might) be able to tell you if it is a problem on your side, or theirs.

I see this a lot on our server as well which is powered by fragnet (dallas). I do not believe its your server causing issue and rather believe its the player themselves that are either having issues or they simply changed their mind and disconnect.

If you're concerned, send a ticket to fragnet. Their response time is really good and for the most part, they respond with good input/suggestions.

What is your server IP? Ill be happy to try and join and test for you.

Have you got a private server?

Most likely people connecting and realising it's private server and they're a fresh spawn, so they leave.

Edited by Euphobia

I frequently have problems connecting. I will log onto a server and all I will have is a black screen. I'll wait a minute, or so to see if it will sort itself out. Then when it doesn't (it never seems to) I'll disconect and try again.

When I initially connect to a server, for about a half a second I will see player names in the RHS top of the screen and server messages on the LHS lower corner of the screen and then the screen will go black. After a brief pause, the renderer starts drawing the world for me. What I have noticed is that if I do not see the names and the messages, the renderer will never draw the world for me. My screen stays black. I will wait a moment and then either retry the same server, or give another server a shot.

Just a wild ass guess ... I'd say about 60% of the time I have to make at least two attempts before I get "all the way" onto a server.

Try checking your BE server logs, they should show if the players are getting disconnected due to issues with your server or just simply disconnecting themselves.