Sign in to follow this  
John_F0X

Sandbags and Foxholes

i would suggest 2 features

Sandbags: take a Burlap, Rope and some Stones/Sand(if implemented), use the rope on the Burlap and then put stones/sand into it = 1 sandbag

Foxholes: use a few Sandbags to create a Foxhole

• Like 8

I know some will say "OMG this isn't ArmaZ!!!!", but I think it's a great idea. When Base building is implemented, I'm sure bases will come under attack from bandits/rival clans, and this could be a great part of the defenses.

This is a great idea,especially for barricading.

Shovel (Dirt/Sand) + Burlap Sack = SandBag 

10 Sandbags = Sandbag Fox Hole / Sandbag Barricade 

This is how i want it to be implemented.

Rocks+Sand should make a different form of barricade.

But burlap + sand should be more effective.

• Like 1

Acquiring enough sand bags to place a solid bunker-nest all around your HQ house would be pretty special.

I like it, would def want to see this implemented. Though, isn't foxholes basically just a pit, and not a sandbag encampment?

I like it, would def want to see this implemented. Though, isn't foxholes basically just a pit, and not a sandbag encampment?

this is how they did it in the PR mod for BF2

2104-albums33-picture690.jpg

Edit: maybe make a small one person foxhole with only Sandbags and a enhanced version like int he picture by adding wood

Edited by John_F0X

that mod was ace :)

still playing it

with 1.0 they uped the game a lot but you can see and feel, the engine is maxed out

• Like 1

think I stopped playing around 0.6 or a couple later. Then returned to try it again and it was a whole new learning curve :)

hah it changed a lot

some of the newer features with 1.0 was that you can finaly use backupsights like the AK with scope and then also with ironsights, G36 with reflex and scope etc and they introduced 100player servers

• Like 1

think I stopped playing around 0.6 or a couple later. Then returned to try it again and it was a whole new learning curve :)

BF2 was waaaaay more teamwork and tactical oriented than this generation's series installments.

Glad you shared,this brought me nostalgic feels...

• Like 2

A single person foxhole could look like this:

tip_ny_0708_01.jpg

You could add Logs and Stones to add further reinforcement, concealment and protection such as this:

foxhole.jpg

And finally adding Sandbags gives the best protection possible

It would be cool if you could use logs to cover, but wouldnt they have to change tree-chopping mechanichs too?  It would definitely be useful to include them. Maybe start by digging two holes joined together, with mounds on either side.  Then chop down a tree, look at fallen tree and either harvest 3 firewood, or 2 split rails.  Split rails could be a two-person carry to set on the mounds.

Edited by emuthreat

I believe it's a great idea, if you get to play a lot and have a private shard and you have a huge camp you want to fortify it. Sandbags all around 3 military tents, V3S blocked in by sandbags so the only way in or out is by slide through the V3S. (or explosives if the devs get a bit frisky ;) )