reaver91

Im not going to be the good guy anymore

dayz rule #1 if you want to have survive time longer than 1min shoot on sight

I hear ya.

And if you don't have a gun, find an axe and 'Hack on sight'. Take the suckers head of.

I've had a lot of issues going into Day-Z. My life each playtime was basically 15 minutes because Zombies liked to spawn behind me. Now I found a bunch of stuff. Got AK' date=' Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc. I was pumped up! I was going to go out in the world exploring! Help people because I had so many bandages... Then a player comes and kills me for no given reason.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now, I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

[/quote']

There are no good guys.

I used to be too trustworthy my mistake 3 times killed yesterday without a word.Going to shoot on site every time from now onwards

I wanted to be a good guy, just spawned in and entered the docks and saw a guy bleeding after killing some zeds. I had no guns on me so i told him i'm friendly and i'll bandage him up, he responded by shooting me in the face and then taking that bandage, oh, and wasting a bullet and attracting more zeds, good going twat. Now i just hide from players and zeds alike, and trust only my IRL friends.

PROTIP: If i see you, and i have a gun, and you saw me, I will shoot you, I won't let you follow me.

I was shot few times even in situation when i have a clear advantage because my philosophy is to generally be a good guy. Am just trying to survive. After few bad situations now i just avoid player when i see him and try to keep a distance. I will not help him (if he is overrun with Z) but also will not attack him. I learn that sometimes you can help just to be shot few minutes later from the same guy that u save. Simple i don't trust ppls. It was EUREK for me yesterday when i was on airfield tower and one guy came up. I shout: Friendly!... and he just pass me. We clear the tower and that's all.

Am not a coward. I just try to survive and help other to survive by not shoot him on the sight. Zombies are defo lesser problem in the world of DayZ.

I know, i don't like the thought of doing it. But shoot on sight has to be done unless you want to lose hours of gameplay. Its a sad day when i have to bury an axe into a complete strangers characters head.

I so wanna be good.

you sound like a noob anyways because an ak would be special for you so I don't think you would be any danger to me or other people with guns.

And please don't copycat fallout quotes it doesn't make you look smarter.

"If you want a survival time larger than 1 min shoot on sight"

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF that actually made me laugh.

Ive got about 6 hours down and ive never had to shoot someone. Ive just never needed to. Ive seen 7 people and ive evaded, talked down or scared off all of them. Its quite easy to avoid players. Oh sure ive been killed by them. But ive never seen them when they do so. So a shoot on sight method wouldnt have saved me then. I find staying low and cautious can save you both ammo and lives. Just dont aggro a player. Ive only been killed when making stupid mistakes. Like outrageously stupid. Ive been to the airfield to get military loot so dont say i dont take risks either. Thats where i scared off a player by describing his movements down a scope. Surviving without shooting is fairly straight forward. Its more tense, im challenged and it fits my personality. Its all good.

Your community turned me into a bad guy. I'm a Bandit now' date=' I'm always going to be a bandit. No matter if you are unarmed or not. Because war... war never changes.

[/quote']

It's always the other people, is it? Never your own responsibilty?

You should do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

But it's your choice.

you sound like a noob anyways because an ak would be special for you so I don't think you would be any danger to me or other people with guns.

And please don't copycat fallout quotes it doesn't make you look smarter.

I'm not trying to look smarter by copying a fallout quote. It was just a funny jab at 2 post apocalyptic games dude.

And yes I'm a noob at Day-Z because I've just started playing it.

Well that is a very sad outlook on Day Z. You do realize that you will die, or do you have to die under your own terms or it isn't fair? Boo-hoo someone killed you, not hard to go find more gear, be more cautious next time.

My whole philosophy now is this:

If I see you and you're heading in the opposite direction of me.... Carry on my wayward son.

If you seem to be going in the direction I'm going.... There'll be peace when you are done.

Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more.

Same crap here,I was in a market,and I see this guys handgun,a makarov,I shout on voice chat "friendly?",he says yes,he walks in and I say "there is an mp5 over ther man,I can give you a map if you whant" and then he is silent,he walks a bit more while I get ready to go out,and then,out of no where,he just shoots me,NO REASON AT ALL...from now on I ither leave them alone if I can,or shoot them...

agreed. also not helping anymore. got killed seweral times even if i had absolutely no gear.

this game is PVP only now.

and the ironie of that: one time i picked a female character and named her something fancy and everybody i met was friendly.......xD

lol..ive been shot plenty of times after getting all geared up..and i'm still a good guy. It just teaches you to be more sneaky :) Dont let them get you down..there are plenty of good guys out there.

"weakling. growup and dont let the darkside onsume you so easy.

i still help survivors till they have their guns. feels even better if i trade with somebody or just can help him out. just never let your defense down."

I agree!

reaver91' date=' you're weak! The dark side got you with a snap of their fingers. I've been helping people for ages, and people have been helping me for ages. If you do it smart and plan it out, you'll survive and get the humane satisfaction of helping others.

People like "LET THE HATE FLOW THROUGH YOUUUUUUU

Now, just wait until you get lucky like I did and acquire an AS-50 with about 6 mags, and have a team of 2 spotters at the NW airfield. 15 murders in 4 hours. None of them moved an inch after the shot went off. And yes, the 50 stands for 50 caliber, and it's QUIET. It's just a simple "crack" really. Nothing like the DMR."

are also weak, impatient and will never know the fruits of true pure labor. I would also drop a COD insult, but I'm higher than that :P

Reaver, brush the dusk and grime off your shoulders and persevere! Show that you're better than these lifeless bandits with no sense of imagination or challenge!

(I'm completely joking when i call people stuff like weak, don't take them as insults!)

[hr']

No weapon = No threat; most likely no loot; not worth the bullet(s)

Weak/Secondary weapon = Low threat; Watch their activity

Military grade equipment out the arse = High threat; most likely in a squad; shoot on sight.

100% Agree with this post with one exception:

Won't respond to hails in direct comm = Up to no good; murder them.

That is not always true, many times hailers turned out to be friendly

agreed. also not helping anymore. got killed seweral times even if i had absolutely no gear.

this game is PVP only now.

and the ironie of that: one time i picked a female character and named her something fancy and everybody i met was friendly.......xD

Once again, very sad outlook on the game. You do realize you are making the game worse not fun?

Hell, it's not even about bandits. Bandits don't bother me. I sneak up on players 99% of the time with accuracy. But 99% of the time bugs end up getting me killed instead even after I get the first shots off, accurately. It's damn annoying and I'm honestly getting tired of not being able to defend myself or be a bandit myself when all I do is get killed anyway after placing 6-7 rounds in someone or head shots with a revolver, or several hits with an M16 for example.

I'll be quite honest. Been playing for about a week and I've successfully killed ONE player. Nearly all my play time has been out in the wilderness, hitting good weapon spawns at different locations, stalking players, getting right up on them without them knowing, etc. Never had an issue. I get in and out without ever been seen.

The one player I've killed came up some steps, scared me and I fired. He was unarmed. Then after I bandaged his bleeding body he disconnected. Whoops. It's not me. This game just loves to screw me.

"Got AK, Painkillers, food, map, morphine, 4 Soda cans, water bottle etc"

Takes like, 5 mins in cherno to get all of that

I came face to face with a guy with a revolver last night.

I had nothing to fight him with... He let me go! (Relieved isnt the word)

Also stared at a guy with a hatchet = Catch me if you can. D:

I too am going bandit... mainly out of boredom at this point. there simply is no end game other than PvP. Scavenging and dodging bullets and zed is only fun for so long until you have 1 too many backstabs or leg breaks.. and then its just quit or bandit.

I think eveyone reaches this point one way or another.

I'm just a newbie. I've had like, 3 friendly encounters, 2 "Stalking" encounters where I followed and watched someone attract every goddamn Zed in town, and 1 serious "Bandit asshole" encounter.

Frankly I'm still in love with the game. Mostly because that rush of surviving the bandit encounter in Cherno emboldened me a bit. Took a sniper shot to the chest, was reduced to 3500 blood. Bled out to around 3100 and woke up. Stumbled into a nearby building, bandaged myself up and hid. I had no weapons. No outstanding gear. Didn't even pick up alot of medicine from the hospital next door. Had one can of food, which I promptly ate for the small blood boost. Couple minutes later I stalked out of the place and high-tailed it to Nadezdhino to meet up with a buddy.

Eventually, I know I'm going to end up being a bandit. Like someone else said, there isnt much else to do in the game but survive. But until then, I have no problem being cautiously-hopeful about helping people if i can. And also to always play with at least one friend who can watch my ass.

dayz is a pvp survival game.

zombies are just here for the atmosphere and to kill some beginners. after a few weeks all the whiners will see that zombies arent the problem with half decent weapons and some experience anymore. dont try to mate up with strangers, mate up with real buddys.

i have team survival and action. we kill everyone on sight, because hell we found our team. other players cant give us anything but take everything - except they are dead.

ive never played a game that comes close to the adrenalin rush in cherno against other player when you are about to loose everything...

so essentially its about - killing players, get their loot. use that loot to kill better players and so on. and thats GOOD

imagine a dayz without pvp. come on, seriously. if you played dayz one week you would agree that zombies alone are kinda boring and no real danger. why do you need an m4? why should i loot, why team up?. you could survive FOREVER easily... ZzzZzz

some of the time you cannot see players direct chat or they cannot see yours.

other players can see mine but i cant see theirs. makes it extremely hard to play the game