The Aquatic Land Walrus

Guns you can't wait to see in DayZ?

I'm not usually a fan of the 'more military weapons' thing, but FN FAL/L1A1 would be beautiful - very rare, accurate, semi auto.

Slight background/lore problem though - how would one end up in Chernarus?

The fn fal can be found in nearly any conflict and part of the world its that prolific.

The fn fal also has full auto btw but its really hard to control.

Secondint the AN94. The AS Val maybe too, both as some ultra rare weapons.

No more western/Nato stuff.

I don't think DayZ needs that many more weapons anyway.

Secondint the AN94. The AS Val maybe too, both as some ultra rare weapons.

No more western/Nato stuff.

I don't think DayZ needs that many more weapons anyway.

Only NATO guns we have are the M4A1, AUG, FNX45, and Amphibia (and M67 Grenade, but that's not a gun.) For some reason the MP-133 with pistol grips also spawns at NATO crashsites but it's not at all a western weapon. I feel like they could do a bit more to at least make NATO into an actual faction, rather than just some random helicopter crashsites that have a few rifles and pistols that are technically western. There's nothing truthfully special about these crashsites like there was in the mod, which had the chance for some truly rare guns. We're going to need real high-end level stuff like an M249 or M60E4 to finish that list up, not just two ARs.

The first two are more realistic than both the AN-94 and AS VAL, though I'm okay with both of those.

The devs stated there are a few bolt action rifles incoming not including the Model 70 that is set to appear soon.

I really want those.

Yeah, all of these recently announced guns are actually quite awesome.

Model 70 is great because it's the first real full-power cartridge hunting rifle we'll get. I mean, yeah, the Mosin has that role too but it doesn't feel like a hunting rifle in the same way that the Model 70 does, and the CR-527 is more of a brush gun/small-game rifle with the 7.62x39 round. The other guns, likely hunting rifles but possibly mil-spec ones like the SV-98 or M24 are also very cool, and no matter what will bring a lot more to the table.

The FN Trombone is also nice, and I'm super excited to be able to break it down and use it as a purpose-built backup rifle. It also adds to the small list of .22LR guns which has been need of improvement for awhile. And, the fact that it's a pump-action rifle is cool, too. (Something that bothers me is that we don't really have any true low-tier weapons in the .22LR category; the Sporter is decent and the Trombone seems like it will be as well, and the Amphibia is high-end military equipment with an internal suppressor. While I know it's likely to have more purposeful and widely used guns at this stage, sometime in the future it'd still be nice to have a bolt-action .22 rifle, revolver, semi-automatic pistol, and maybe a survival rifle like the AR-7 that doesn't need to be broken down.)

And even the .45 ACP SMG sounds nice, though I hope it's a UMP-45 and not a Thompson or something like that. (I could live with a Greasegun just because it has that guerrilla feel to it, but I'd still prefer it not be that.) The SMG category could use a buffer, with the MP5K being the only one used and PM73 essentially a legend it's been needing additions for awhile.

The ump would be a perfectly fine choice.

The greeses gun would be even better it has that post apocalyptic feel.

I just hope they don't go with the mall ninja vector the smg that nobody uses yet is popular with the call of duty crowd.

• Like 1

I'm not usually a fan of the 'more military weapons' thing, but FN FAL/L1A1 would be beautiful - very rare, accurate, semi auto.

Slight background/lore problem though - how would one end up in Chernarus?

No clue.

You can find 1911 and the Colt Python lying around and those are American pistols, but how did they end up in Chernarus? :P

Also I believe in the DayZ mod, the FAL would spawn helicopter crash sites.

Edited by Quackdot

First, I'd love if CZ527 got scope and it's magazines were spawning in normal civilian buildings in reasonable quantities meaning NOT once in a blue moon and not just in police stations.

Heck, it is civilian hunting rifle, so obviously you could find mags in civ areas as well.

And yes, 7.62x39 would need to reapear in civilian loot again, I hardly ever find any these days, in civilian buildings that is.

Secondly I'd like maybe some Zastava weapons, heck even Czech Vz.58. Now I know they are not looking that 100% differently, thanks to magazine shape, but still.

They would use existing ammo and that should be plus as well. No need to configure new ones as that is something devs dislike.

And I patiently await SVD Dragunov which I guess is held back due to problems with persistence and global loot economy.

Maybe once we get SVD, Mosin will lose Long range scope and will stick with just PU instead and CZ527 could get something like LRS itself.

Btw I think that SVD is cool also because it is not a weapon for extreme ranges but more like around 1000m.

But yeah, it fits the theme as hell.

• Like 2

And yes, 7.62x39 would need to reapear in civilian loot again, I hardly ever find any these days, in civilian buildings that is.

This! I'm super bummed that the SKS is no longer a reasonable choice unless you're willing to risk getting your head blown off at military loot spawns. It used to be the poor man's AKM, accurate and powerful. It was one of my favorite guns, until the ammo became impossible to find in civilian loot spawns.

Guns....... I love the ww2 ww1 weapons a lot I would shit in my pants if I get a svt 40 or ppsh41 your not alone. The m1 garand is most likely coming in and we can get a m1903 spingfield rifle but I want the scoped variant.guns I want.

1-svt 40

2-ppsh41

3-m50/m55 reisning

4-tommy gun

5-ak 47

6-nagant revolver

7-PPD 40

8-m16

9-as val

10-vss vintorez

11-TT 33

12-APS auto pistol

13-bizon SMG

14-stoner 63

15-MTS 255

16-ksg

17-pkm

18-dp 28

19-m2 carbine(or m1 carbine)

20-scar h

21-m3 grease gun(edit I forgot this gun lol)

Many of the guns I suggested are ww2 era ones because there badass just because its ww2 doesn't mean it can't fit in game ever heard of stores a lot people might want to get m1 garand. Or maybe even guns passed down generation to generation. The ones that can't fit in so easily is those grenades, machine guns, and anti tank weapons.

Edited by DaNic2553

The ump would be a perfectly fine choice.

The greeses gun would be even better it has that post apocalyptic feel.

I just hope they don't go with the mall ninja vector the smg that nobody uses yet is popular with the call of duty crowd.

Yeah, the Greasegun really fits that apocalyptic improvised feel, despite not being too realistic on its own. It seems like it would fit in with guns like the Blaze 95 and Repeater; the real guns they're based on wouldn't be common in Chernarus but they don't feel wrong given the setting.

UMP-45 would definitely be the most realistic one, though, so long as it's a helicopter crashsite spawn. I'd also be okay with a MAC-10 if they decided to go with it.

I also really want to see the Agram 2000:

400px-AGRAM2000.jpg

They're Croatian modified variants of the Beretta M12 SMG (which I'd also be okay with.) After using these in limited conflict they basically sold them all off and they ended up on the black market, and are now a popular choice with criminals and rebel groups across Eastern Europe. Seems like it'd be a nice Eastern equivalent to the MP5K, being a more common spawn with more magazine variety at the cost of not having rails.

1-svt 40

Yes, obviously.

2-ppsh41

Another yes.

3-m50/m55 reisning

These don't really make sense, they weren't even common in WW2 with American forces and weren't part of any lend lease deals, so I don't see why we'd need one. There are better SMGs available.

4-tommy gun

Meh, they're cool but they seem out of place.

5-ak 47

Don't know what the point of this would be considering we already have the AKM, but if they wanted to add one it'd be fine.

6-nagant revolver

I say yes, but it's already been turned down because it fires a unique cartridge.

7-PPD 40

Acceptable like the PPSh-41, but there wouldn't really be a point in having both.

8-m16

Yes.

9-as val

Yes. Prefer the VSS, though.

10-vss vintorez

Yes.

11-TT 33

Yes.

12-APS auto pistol

Yes, but it'd need to be the 9x19 variant if we wanted it added.

13-bizon SMG

Yes, still need to be the .380 or 9x19 variant.

14-stoner 63

These aren't used anywhere anymore, don't know why we'd find one in Chernarus of all places.

15-MTS 255

I guess, it is Eastern European.

16-ksg

I don't see the point. It'd be acceptable as a helicopter crashsite spawn but otherwise no.

17-pkm

Yes.

18-dp 28

Yes.

No point. Uses a unique .30 Carbine round that wouldn't be worth it for just the gun. Ruger Mini-14 or Mini-30 in 5.56/7.62x39 is much better and more realistic.

20-scar h

Sure, so long as it's a helicopter crashsite spawn.

1-svt 40

Yes, obviously.

2-ppsh41

Another yes.

3-m50/m55 reisning

These don't really make sense, they weren't even common in WW2 with American forces and weren't part of any lend lease deals, so I don't see why we'd need one. There are better SMGs available.

4-tommy gun

Meh, they're cool but they seem out of place.

5-ak 47

Don't know what the point of this would be considering we already have the AKM, but if they wanted to add one it'd be fine.

6-nagant revolver

I say yes, but it's already been turned down because it fires a unique cartridge.

7-PPD 40

Acceptable like the PPSh-41, but there wouldn't really be a point in having both.

8-m16

Yes.

9-as val

Yes. Prefer the VSS, though.

10-vss vintorez

Yes.

11-TT 33

Yes.

12-APS auto pistol

Yes, but it'd need to be the 9x19 variant if we wanted it added.

13-bizon SMG

Yes, still need to be the .380 or 9x19 variant.

14-stoner 63

These aren't used anywhere anymore, don't know why we'd find one in Chernarus of all places.

15-MTS 255

I guess, it is Eastern European.

16-ksg

I don't see the point. It'd be acceptable as a helicopter crashsite spawn but otherwise no.

17-pkm

Yes.

18-dp 28

Yes.

No point. Uses a unique .30 Carbine round that wouldn't be worth it for just the gun. Ruger Mini-14 or Mini-30 in 5.56/7.62x39 is much better and more realistic.

20-scar h

Sure, so long as it's a helicopter crashsite spawn.

that was quick lol you passing time I know I am.19, 14, 12, and 3 I agree on.

Ksg can just be a civilian local but I mean crash is still fine. Thompson can be farm house spawn really rare. There's a nagant revolver chambered for 22lr I believe. I edited it to add number 21 the grease gun you reminded me about that thank you. I heard there's a modern variant now.

that was quick lol you passing time I know I am.19, 14, 12, and 3 I agree on.

Ksg can just be a civilian local but I mean crash is still fine. Thompson can be farm house spawn really rare. There's a nagant revolver chambered for 22lr I believe. I edited it to add number 21 the grease gun you reminded me about that thank you. I heard there's a modern variant now.

You just happened to post your response right as I posted mine, that's why I was quick to respond.

Thompson if it were added would be like that, I'd just personally prefer it weren't. .22LR Nagant would be fine, I guess.

This! I'm super bummed that the SKS is no longer a reasonable choice unless you're willing to risk getting your head blown off at military loot spawns. It used to be the poor man's AKM, accurate and powerful. It was one of my favorite guns, until the ammo became impossible to find in civilian loot spawns.

I think it simply has to change since 7.62x39 is being used by civilian weapons as well.

And yeah, SKS was also my fav weapon outside of military loot. Now if only those bayonettes worked already.

You just happened to post your response right as I posted mine, that's why I was quick to respond.

Thompson if it were added would be like that, I'd just personally prefer it weren't. .22LR Nagant would be fine, I guess.

well the Itll be easier if we just put in the nagant chambering 22lr instead of adding a new caliber.

I understand the Thompson isnt really mil anymore but you can still buy one I believe and this gun was mass produced and Russia had a lend lease and had tommy guns giving but think about it running around being a real gangsta with a real gangsta gun it'll be fun.

well the Itll be easier if we just put in the nagant chambering 22lr instead of adding a new caliber.

I understand the Thompson isnt really mil anymore but you can still buy one I believe and this gun was mass produced and Russia had a lend lease and had tommy guns giving but think about it running around being a real gangsta with a real gangsta gun it'll be fun.

You don't need a Tommy Gun that avatar is gangsta enough as is....... XD

I subscribe to the battle rifle school of thought, so a G3 would be wonderful. A FAL, too. Hit hard, hit long.

You don't need a Tommy Gun that avatar is gangsta enough as is....... XD

the first gangstas had tommy guns. The character is perfect gangsta especially when we has some beast shades. I like tommy guns they look good and there reliable but in turns of realizm bizon SMG can gets its appearance.

I personally think the Mauser K98 would be a welcome addition. I realize it wasn't a Russian gun, however it definitely made it's way into Russian hands at some point during the WWII conflict.

• Like 1

rtd04rtprofiledisinside_0.jpg

Edited by MarsuTactics
  • Like 1

minigun pl0x.

or

more seriously, lesser know Eastern Block weapons.

L

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1