Sign in to follow this  
jubeidok

Forks and Spoons

I'd like to see the addition of forks and spoons to the game, needed for eating without getting your hands all messy and sticky. Currently, we are eating everything with our hands, gloves and then proceeding to handle our guns and ammo with those same hands. I'm no firearms expert, but this can't be a good thing. If I remember correctly, M&Ms were created for this very reason. Melts in your mouth, not in your hands.

Whenever I eat a can of something in DayZ, I always think about the The Road Warrior scene where Max get's to neatly enjoy a can of dog food with his big ole wooden spoon and the Gyro Captain is left to lick scraps up off his fingers. The spoon always seemed like a luxury to me in that scene and it could be one in DayZ as well.

Eat with spoon or fork = no problem, toss the can and get back on the road

Eat with no fork or spoon = Messy, stick hands, requiring a rinse at the nearest stream or pond or else...gun jams may be in your near future

Edited by JubeiDOK
  • Like 1

It makes sense, it's also very unhygienic to eat with your hands (obvious)

Even if you had cutlery in your inventory but using it was automatic when you ate food, or right-click on food > Eat All Tactical Bacon-With Spoon or something similar.

Imagine all the germs that would be on your hands in Chernarus... Skinning animals, digging up dirt, bandaging infected wounds... Not to mention all the doorknobs you're using hahaha.

ORRRRR A BETTER IDEA...

Forks and spoons make you eat much faster, and the animation is quicker, rather than eating with your hands.

• Like 3

I think the OP's idea is splitting hairs...

However this guys idea below is more fitting.. but still.. who the hell wants to keep cutlery to... eat faster ? 

ORRRRR A BETTER IDEA...

Forks and spoons make you eat much faster, and the animation is quicker, rather than eating with your hands.

I'd say add it as a "flavor" item, something to add in houses as "junk items" (which WILL be added eventually). I don't know, maybe I'm weird in that I'd like to try and kill someone with a fork or a spoon.

ORRRRR A BETTER IDEA...

I think the OP's idea is splitting hairs...

However this guys idea below is more fitting.. but still.. who the hell wants to keep cutlery to... eat faster ? 

Thought exactly of that. Additionally a spoon or fork could reduce food spilling, especially when it comes to beans  :beans:

• Like 1

I'd say add it as a "flavor" item, something to add in houses as "junk items" (which WILL be added eventually). I don't know, maybe I'm weird in that I'd like to try and kill someone with a fork or a spoon.

Or run around like a crazy person with silverware tied onto every peice of clothing to jangle and attract zombies like a pied piper...  Maybe add pie too, with cool whip.

Why not its not that bad who doesn't have a fork or spoon or spork or what ever. I wouldn't use it for eating more of a thing to use when I cant find an Axe.

Thought exactly of that. Additionally a spoon or fork could reduce food spilling, especially when it comes to beans  :beans:

This is Spongebob.

I like this idea.

Have my beans.