Sign in to follow this  
The Dayz Dawg

DayZ:SA in dire need of optimization

I don't think  you should get your hopes up that this game will EVER be optimised.

I know that all of you ALFER squeekers will be outraged by that statement, but let's look at some facts.

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/64335-dayz-standalone-confirmed/

Dayz Standalone game announced 08/08/2012.

"There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game." - Bullshit. As soon as the standalone was announced, all mod support was dropped. What, 2 or 3 updates since then is not "continued support".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-27-dayz-standalone-release-this-year-says-dean-hall

"IT HAS TO BE OUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR" announced by Dean Hall 27/09/12. - LOL

The top priority is tackling hackers. That's "the" issue, he stressed. - LOL

15 MONTHS LATER THE ALPHA VERSION IS RELEASED

And here we are, another 14 MONTHS since release. So they've had almost 2.5 YEARS to get this game in a playable condition, and yet here we are.

And what exactly do we have? Well that's for all of you to decide, but my opinion is not much at all.

On top of that, we have some MORON from battleye announcing, NO MORE HACKERS, which of course inspires DOUGGEM to write and release a hack THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Also, if you read the article I linked, Hall specifically states that VEHICLES WILL BE AN ENDGAME ITEM.

"Vehicles he said were a longer-term, "end-game" feature to implement."

ALL I SEE IS LIES. I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT ANYBODY FROM DAYZ SAYS ANYMORE.

But hey, we've got new jumpers and raincoats!!!!!!

Edited by The Dayz Dawg
  • Like 1

I don't think  you should get your hopes up that this game will EVER be optimised.

I know that all of you ALFER squeekers will be outraged by that statement, but let's look at some facts.

"There will be continued support for DayZMOD alongside DayZ game." - Bullshit. As soon as the standalone was announced, all mod support was dropped. What, 2 or 3 updates since then is not "continued support".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-09-27-dayz-standalone-release-this-year-says-dean-hall

"IT HAS TO BE OUT BY THE END OF THE YEAR" announced by Dean Hall 27/09/12. - LOL

And here we are, another 14 MONTHS since release. So they've had almost 2.5 YEARS to get this game in a playable condition, and yet here we are.

And what exactly do we have? Well that's for all of you to decide, but my opinion is not much at all.

On top of that, we have some MORON from battleye announcing, NO MORE HACKERS, which of course inspires DOUGGEM to write and release a hack THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Also, if you read the article I linked, Hall specifically states that VEHICLES WILL BE AN ENDGAME ITEM.

ALL I SEE IS LIES. I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING THAT ANYBODY FROM DAYZ SAYS ANYMORE.

wait for the next patch then u wil get tinfoil hats too.

I expect that that post will be removed, as all valid complaints are by the moderation army.

There's a huge difference between a valid complaint and whining. Also, even valid complaints aren't necessarily useful or worth posting if it's a topic that's been beaten to death like this one. All the OP had to do was search.

• Like 1

The game being in Alpha development stage is irrelevant when you loose "testers"... Let's just skip the dubious terminology and call things as they are: PLAYERS.

And players tend to jump ship for better performing titles, like H1Z1 in this case.

It's enough to check the DayZ steam chart to see what was (and is) the interest tendency since the game was launched - is it ok to say "launched" at this stage? I think so, since the product's market life cycle already started.

In my opinion, they should focus on optimisation sooner rather then later to keep the player base invested. Maybe not in a thorough manner, but at least improve the performance in urban areas, even if this should include workarounds, or they might not keep the desired amount of testers in mid beta.

Edited by retro19
  • Like 1

wait for the next patch then u wil get tinfoil hats too.

Well done responding to all of the FACTS that I presented to you on a silver platter.

This game/forum needs an age limit.

• Like 1

I expect that that post will be removed, as all valid complaints are by the moderation army.

Oh no sir. It will be handled according to the rules and guidelines you fail to follow.  :ph34r:

• Like 1

Oh no sir. It will be handled according to the rules and guidelines you fail to follow.  :ph34r:

And what rules and guidelines are they exactly that I didn't follow?

Is there a new rule where we aren't allowed to quote what Hall/Bohemia have said now?

Actually, that wouldn't surprise me.

Did I remove anything you said? No, I didn't. The guideline you did not follow is the basic of any internet forum. Search before you post. Therefore your post was merged with a relevant topic. Every single sentence you said so far is in this thread several times already, therefore there is literally 0 need for a new topic.

Edited by Accolyte

Did I remove anything you said? No, I didn't. The guideline you did not follow is the basic of any internet forum. Search before you post. Therefore your post was merged with a relevant topic. Every single sentence you said so far is in this thread several times already, therefore there is literally 0 need for a new topic.

Oh, so now I'm not breaking any rules or guidelines of this forum?

You really expect me to read through 78 pages of this thread before responding to another? Get real.

Every single thing that I said is a valid complaint. This game has been in development for long enough that we should have a semi-stable product by now, considering the money we have paid.

Nothing you say or do will convince me otherwise.

Dean says the mod will continue to be supported - LIE

Dean says it will be out by the end of the year - LIE

Dean says that hackers will be a priority - LOLOLOLOLOLIE!

Some nobody from Battleye says NO MORE HACKERS - LIE

Do I need to go on?

• Like 1

I don't believe Danmyr's post, despite being his first one, deserved being moved to this thread. He stated his/her observation and a valid opinion, shared by many around, might I add. It was neither "whiny", nor in demanding tone.

Moving an uneasy opinion to a less frequented section of your forum is not exactly a PR master trick. Mods, please tone down your "entitlement" filter.

Very VERY well said mate.

9) Unnecessary posts:
Posting "don't care", "alpha", "TLDR", "search before you post", "cool story bro", 'fanboy' or any posts along those lines are unnecessary, inflammatory, and/or do not add to the discussion. This includes memes, GIFs and other images that are unnecessary/non-constructive; please keep them to an absolute minimum. If a duplicate thread exists, report it to the moderation team with a link.

Maybe you should read your own rules and guidelines Mr Kotick picture, you telling me to search before I post when I simply replied to an already created topic is rude, offensive and wouldn't cut it in the real world.

Take another 2.5 years for all I care.  I've paid and definitely had my money's worth out of the game so far - even in its unfinished state.  Just make sure I get something that looks like a Dying Light/DayZ crossover.

Better make that 3.5 years then...

Take another 2.5 years for all I care.  I've paid and definitely had my money's worth out of the game so far - even in its unfinished state.  Just make sure I get something that looks like a Dying Light/DayZ crossover.

Better make that 3.5 years then...

People like you are the reason companies like this think they can get away with promising something and not delivering.

People like you are the reason companies like this think they can get away with promising something and not delivering.

Which is why SOE folded and had to be bought out?

But they have delivered.  Or have I actually spent 1300 hours staring at a blank screen?

Edited by alphadogmeat

Edited by alphadogmeat

You are right and for what it's worth I apologise. I didn't realise I was merging Danmyr's post as well. That was indeed an error on my part and it's been already pointed out to me.

I am very well familiar with the rules, you might want to read it and what I said a few more times though as you seem to have problems with reading comprehension.

You've got to be kidding me! You break the rules and guidelines that you tell me to follow, then when it's pointed out to you you say I have problems with reading comprehension.

Honestly your attitude is disgusting, I hope some of your peers see what you've done here and act upon it.

• Like 1

You've got to be kidding me! You break the rules and guidelines that you tell me to follow, then when it's pointed out to you you say I have problems with reading comprehension.

Honestly your attitude is disgusting, I hope some of your peers see what you've done here and act upon it.

As he stated its been dealt with, drop the personal attacks and carry on the original conversation intended within this thread.

As he stated its been dealt with, drop the personal attacks and carry on the original conversation intended within this thread.

So forum moderator tells me that I have reading comprehension difficulties, and I'm the one making personal attacks?

• Like 1

Would you be so kind as to point out which Moderator has been breaking any rules, so it can be acted upon, Dawg?

And, incase I have not been clear enough: doing this publicly is never a good idea, a PM is more suited.

If in doubt, this PM has to go to boneboys, as he's the one that keeps the Moderators in boundaries on here.

Edited by kichilron

So forum moderator tells me that I have reading comprehension difficulties, and I'm the one making personal attacks?

Its a dead issue which I'm stepping in to say carry on jabs handed, no reason to harp it.  I implore you to continue your intended conversation in a civilized manner.

• Like 1

@ Kilchiron, if you read the conversation between my self and Accoyltye you will see what I'm talking about. His attitude is poor and not professional at all.

+

I have too much respect for you with the work that you have done with the mod to even bother responding to the poor attempt at baiting me dawg.

@ Steak, I will try to keep it civilized.

I'm out, enjoy the game people. As you can tell from my tone, I'm also quite passionate about this game, and only want it to succeed.

• Like 1

I'm out, enjoy the game people. As you can tell from my tone, I'm also quite passionate about this game, and only want it to succeed.

Glad to hear it.