Zarniwoop

Add Greek Characters in Text Chat and Server Messages

Basically what I write in the title. It's a bit annoying to write Greek in English characters, so it'd be nice to add Greek character support to text chat and server messages, so that we can write properly. Even ArmA3 (a game set in Greece :P ) has not got this. I wouldn't think it'd be something hard to add, with my next to nothing knowledge on things of course.

• Like 2

So why not just write English? If we add Greek letters, then we'll have to add Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Hindi and just about any other alphabet or symbols used around the globe.

• Like 1

So why not just write English? If we add Greek letters, then we'll have to add Cyrillic, Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese, Hindi and just about any other alphabet or symbols used around the globe.

In fairness there is an entire Russian forum section. I doubt that adding support for various languages would be much of a stretch, but I imagine that it's not at the forefront of the development plan.

• Like 3

Exactly, why not add all these? :P English and Russian are hardly definitive of the ArmA Community! 

• Like 1

In fairness there is an entire Russian forum section. I doubt that adding support for various languages would be much of a stretch, but I imagine that it's not at the forefront of the development plan.

Many Greek and Russian players out there have a hard time using English.

A multiple language chat support could be alot of assistance,with this minority player population.

But in all honestly,DayZ is a game that people rarely make use of the chat function.

• Like 1

Yes the whole world should just speak English, would be so much easier.  :|

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind at all (im danish so not holding my breath for a translation lol) but now isnt the time for this.

This is a suggestion for closer to release, at least in the end of the Beta, when they "polish the turd" :)

Nonetheless, it would not hurt at all to support as many languages and signs, as possible, but we got bigger issues and concerns right now, imho.

• Like 1

I wouldnt mind at all (im danish so not holding my breath for a translation lol) but now isnt the time for this.

This is a suggestion for closer to release, at least in the end of the Beta, when they "polish the turd" :)

Nonetheless, it would not hurt at all to support as many languages and signs, as possible, but we got bigger issues and concerns right now, imho.

Agreed :D Maybe I should've clarified, there are way more important things plaguing the game at the moment than a few people having a minor inconvenience! :P

• Like 2