r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.8.4

Can someone confirm this fix is working plz.

I'll check zed ranges tonight make sure I haven't missed anything.

So far so good on US434 but only tried for like 5-6 minutes.  We'll see as the comments as the players are on later today.  Thank you for the quick fix.

• Like 3

For server admins who cant wait

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_code/compile/fn_temperatur.sqf.

Edit the variable at the top for moving should be 2 change to 6.3.

Copy this file and add it into your mission folder.

https://github.com/DayZMod/DayZ/blob/Development/SQF/dayz_code/init/compiles.sqf

Now from this url copy player_temp_calculation

And add it into the init.sqf make sure to edit the path.

Sorry on phone cant really do much.

I cannot find the player_temp_calculation file.

I agree, the new temp system is working great except for movement not keeping you warm.  Unfortunately I also agree with the sentiment that this bug, if not fixed ASAP, could be the death blow to the mod.  Population has been dwindling on popular servers, and this bug really is a game breaker (I know that term is thrown around a lot...but it seriously does prevent you from being able to do something as simple as running from one town to the next without getting cold enough to get infected).

A big part of the dwindling population on servers is because DayZ Commander is not updating anymore.  That is where most DayZ Mod players find and join servers.

I cannot find the player_temp_calculation file.

Its a variable inside that compiles.sqf

just played 434 for about 30 minutes running between towns and can confirm the issue has been resolved. great job coming up with a solution so fast! you guys rock!

LONG LIVE THE MOD!

• Like 3

So far so good on US434 but only tried for like 5-6 minutes.  We'll see as the comments as the players are on later today.  Thank you for the quick fix.

I played for an hour on US434 and everything seems good. Kudos to the devs and server admins for the quick fix :)

• Like 2

So now how is the temperature system working for everyone? Do you see your temperature moving around more now?

I just got Dayz Mod two days ago can anyone explain how to download this update 

Edit

I have deleted all of the addons, the bikey and the mod.cpp and replaced them with the ones I downloaded

Edited by DayzKing

I just got Dayz Mod two days ago can anyone explain how to download this update

It should be auto updated on steam

Hello thank you for helping me

When I try to go onto my favourite server it says " you are running an incorrect version of days please reinstall dayz"

Will me having replaced the files affect the update or will it still allow me to play???

Edited by DayzKing

Depends on the files. Use steam to verify to make sure your files are good then check what version the server your trying to join has.

Hello thank you for helping me

When I try to go onto my favourite server it says " you are running an incorrect version of days please reinstall dayz"

Will me having replaced the files affect the update or will it still allow me to play???

I'd recommend downloading Arma 2: DayZ Mod on Steam if you haven't already and then after that, right click it and go to Betas on the tab then on the drop down menu go to 1.8.4

Might have to verify the cache if the problem still persists

Edited by TIC321

I've also read elsewhere that DayZ launcher in addition to DayZ Commander is not updated for 1.8.4 either.  This is most likely why server population is so low.  None of the server browsers/launchers players use are updating.

• Like 1

Hm, are there any updated BattlEye filters available? Getting #14 kicks from the new items.

Normal place bud

Tested out the new version and the only thing I can complain about is the really far range for the hatchet swing. I was at one end of a tool shed and managed to attack zombies that were a few inches from the front door. It's not much of a big deal but it's quite noticeable when killing these zombies with a hatchet is a lot easier from a real far range. Was this intended?

Edit: The temperature didn't fluctuate when I was outside while it was raining and on the coastline. It remained at 42.

Edited by TIC321

I need to get some more reports of the temperature system did the mission fix, Sort it out for most of you 

Tested out the new version and the only thing I can complain about is the really far range for the hatchet swing. I was at one end of a tool shed and managed to attack zombies that were a few inches from the front door. It's not much of a big deal but it's quite noticeable when killing these zombies with a hatchet is a lot easier from a real far range. Was this intended?

The bullet fired was changed to last a little longer.