Sign in to follow this  
crystal150

My character is being reset.

This is just to frustrating,

Getting your character fully geared for it to randomly reset.

How is this possible??

I got my character randomly resetted more then i got killed by other players, this is just no fun annymore!

I love playing this game i got over 200 hours in this game but for now im stopping until this gets fixed.

I think alot of people already quit on this game for this reason.

This game has alot of potantial. probably on of the leading games in this sector.

but please dont let a bug like this alive, squash it with the entire dayz team

Singning off,

Youri

Just a quick question, and don't hate if this seems obvious to you, but are you joining Private Shards, are you switching from Normal 3rdP to 1stP servers (Or vice versa), are you switching from Exp to Stable (Not as of now, but in the past when the builds were different)?

• Like 1

I have never had my character reset. Make sure you're aware of what server you're joining.

Private / 3rd / 1st Person - all different characters.

This is just to frustrating,

Rule #1 of DayZ: Don't get attached to your gear.

squash it with the entire dayz team

I will make sure to tell the designers and the office-cleaners to get on it right now.

This is not how it works, I am afraid.

Title edited, so that the thread can remain.

• Like 3

Like Kichi said, me either I never got a character reset in 800hrs + of gameplay. Be careful what server you join, and for a quick tip, go back to the menu to see your character before switching servers, just to be safe.

Besides the possibilities that they have said, DO NOT JOIN A SERVER THAT HAS JUST RESTARTED!!!

Wait about 3-5 minutes after it comes up on the server list.

• Like 1

Maybe this will help (maybe not...): http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/217503-how-to-avoid-character-resets-and-death-while-logging-off/

Using this kind of good practice, I've experienced a single reset in 1500 hours of game time (although it was heartbreaking - a 3.5 month old, very heavily geared char).

I think it probably happened because I became so frustrated trying to find a server that didn't kick me that I just started clicking on anything and stopped paying attention to the "don't log in to a server that's just reset" rule.

I was reset too. And I am sure about what server I joined. There is a way to recover your character.

I've been having this issue for about a week now, I used to get resets if joining a server too quickly after a restart, learned how to stop that. I used to get them when joining servers, then I took notice to hardcore and private shards, but this crap, this crappy resetting as of a week ago is completely out of the blue. It only happens when I shut the game down and reopen it after sleeping that night or working that day, like there's a timer to it or something. no matter what server it is, or where I log out.

I've been having this issue for about a week now, I used to get resets if joining a server too quickly after a restart, learned how to stop that. I used to get them when joining servers, then I took notice to hardcore and private shards, but this crap, this crappy resetting as of a week ago is completely out of the blue. It only happens when I shut the game down and reopen it after sleeping that night or working that day, like there's a timer to it or something. no matter what server it is, or where I log out.

BEVOR you logg out, wait one minute stillstanding, press "P" and take care that there is no desync, then logg out.

you will never be resettet, trust me

i tried it a week long, just serverhopping every 5 minutes (for the science and for my ghillie :blush: ) , there was NEVER an reset of my char!

So wait until no more desync, ok I'll give it a shot. Thanks man

no need to wait, just close dayz client after you exit some server.

no need to wait, just close dayz client after you exit some server.

No, see that's when I get the reset, if I close the game and leave it for a few hours I get reset.

No, see that's when I get the reset, if I close the game and leave it for a few hours I get reset.

No, after you leave the game for a few hours and come again and see that you got the reset, don't make any steps to walk around, just exit the game. I am one of those who lost the character a few times and recovered by this method.