Sign in to follow this  
Crazy_Spider

No loot in .52 update

Ok, so I decided to start playing DayZ again for the first time since October/Novemberish. I decided first to loot Balota to get myself some basic gear, clothes food etc. I found... Food. Food, food, and more food. Weapons? Nope. I thought, maybe it's just been looted, so I went on through to the military base north of Balota. I found an SKS. That's the ONLY weapon I found in the whole compound. I don't know about you guys but I remember when I played back in the .40-.41 time, there was a shitload of low-grade weapons in the barracks. I think that's realistic, in a real military compound, even after being evacuated, would still have a ton of standard-issue firearms (Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I believe?), and I should be able to take those. I then made my way to Northwest, and I found nothing on the first run of the airfield, I thought it was looted, whatever, no big problem. I server hopped to another server, and again I found nothing at the airfield worth taking (All just canned food, paper, pens, and a shitload of makarovs, found about 30 of those no joke). I kept server hopping and I started to realize, the best gun I've found after server hopping on 5-6 servers was an MP-133 Shotgun, the shortened version that holds 4 rounds. I didn't find a single AK, No Mosins, none of these new SMGs that BI added, and it really pissed me off. What I want to know is, did they remove loot spawns? And are persistent servers affecting the loot, making it worse???

tl;dr : Are persistent servers affecting loot by making it worse, and are military areas spawning less guns than they used to.

• Like 1

To answer your tl;dr - it's a little of both.

My impression post 0.49 ish is that guns (especially assault rifles) are just harder to find, as are their mags. Actually, even Mosins and SKSs are a bit tricker, and it's quite a long time since I've seen a rifle in a jail building.

But there is also a specific issue with persistence whereby heavily looted areas (ie near the coast) are emptied of good stuff by passers-by, and then just...remain empty. The other issue is that heli crashes don't spawn on persistent servers, so good luck with that.

The solution is to get off the coast as fast as you can, or join any non-persistent server you can, or (dare I say it) server hop even more manically.

• Like 1

Hmm. I don't seem to have any problem finding weapons. But I stick to non-persistent servers because of their "christmas loot" bug or "no loot respawning bug". Also, for heli crash sites on non-persistent servers.

Persistent Server loot respawns are broken.

Loot tables have not been updated as i know - implementation of items etc. will make it worse and we got to wait till they update the loot tables again.

Regards

Van 

To answer your tl;dr - it's a little of both.

My impression post 0.49 ish is that guns (especially assault rifles) are just harder to find, as are their mags. Actually, even Mosins and SKSs are a bit tricker, and it's quite a long time since I've seen a rifle in a jail building.

But there is also a specific issue with persistence whereby heavily looted areas (ie near the coast) are emptied of good stuff by passers-by, and then just...remain empty. The other issue is that heli crashes don't spawn on persistent servers, so good luck with that.

The solution is to get off the coast as fast as you can, or join any non-persistent server you can, or (dare I say it) server hop even more manically.

Alright, I've been at NWAF finding nothing... Any way that you can filter so it's just non-persistent servers? Or do I just have to look for it in the title?

Come back to me Spider :P

Hell Irish, I remember when you had like 700 posts on these forums!

Persistent Server loot respawns are broken.

Loot tables have not been updated as i know - implementation of items etc. will make it worse and we got to wait till they update the loot tables again.

Regards

Van 

Alright, thanks for the input man!

No way of filtering for non-persistence as far as I can tell. You just have to look for it in the title. Some servers don't declare it. Some say they are p:On, but are actually p:off, and vice versa. The overwhelming majority are p:on, as that's now the default server setting.

The best way to manage it is with judicious use of your favourites tab.

I know where to find guns and ammo and axes... do enough looting and you'll figure it out too.  The coast is usually barren from fresh spawns picking it clean, gotta head inland.  Also, choice of server is the biggest variable, some are just picked clean and there is nothing around, others are chock full of stuff, just depends on your timing.

If anything I think there is too much loot and I spend my time in fairly popular 1PP persistence servers. Food is everywhere, SKS's litter the map and even ammo is fairly plentiful. 

All depends on what you are looking for I suppose. Some of us don't really care about getting the highest military spec and so don't feel the game is letting me down when these things are immediately scavenged by hopping CoD kiddies.

10 go to a high pop server,

20 find farming hoe,

30 run to forrest military base,

40 sit in a bush near barrack( obama muhahhha)

50 wait

60 kill server hopper with hoe 

70 loot server hopper 

80 if server hopper loot is bigger than need for loot, goto 100

90 if server hopper loot is lower than need for loot, goto 40

100 go to berezino and get killed

110 goto 10