Sencha

Outfit testing menu

Since gear is a major part of DayZ, it would be nice if we had a menu where we could pick our character, and try on all of the different kinds of gear to find cool outfit combinations, without having to go find everything in game.

• Like 4

Wouldn't that spoil the exitement of finding something new?

• Like 10

That's what I like about running into almost-freshies. They've got this haggard look, combining tattered rain coats with canvas pants and a cowboy hat. Much more fitting to the setting than all those military clones you run into all the time. This isn't Fashion Week, this is the apocalypse!

And if you're looking for a stylish outfit, look no further than winter hunter pants, a Riders jacket, a black (check) flat cap, Redpunk boots and aviators.

Edited by Sacha

I have thought of this before, would be all for it! Sort of like the bootcamp armory in Arma 3

I have thought of this before, would be all for it! Sort of like the bootcamp armory in Arma 3

But that's just the thing. This is NOT Arma. This not even the DayZ mod for Arma. This is the standalone.

But that's just the thing. This is NOT Arma. This not even the DayZ mod for Arma. This is the standalone.

Ok, well it would have no effect on your gameplay, nor would it turn Dayz into Arma. It would just be an option in the main menu that you clicked and it would open to a "paper doll" view of your character with which you can view certain clothing. 

Ok, well it would have no effect on your gameplay, nor would it turn Dayz into Arma. It would just be an option in the main menu that you clicked and it would open to a "paper doll" view of your character with which you can view certain clothing. 

It's immersion-breaking. Your goal is to survive, not to go and collect the pieces of the outfit you just spent 15 minutes assembling in the menu. When this game comes out, loot might be so scarce you'll never get a chance to collect it all anyway.

• Like 1

I see your point, I won't make this personal like so many others on the forum  ^_^  Anyway, agree to disagree. Good day to you sir!

apocalypse Barbie is my favorite game.

it's pretty nice idea but. i think theres more important things to do for now. maybe it will get implemented when the game will be fully released. maybe not. who knows

Wouldn't that spoil the exitement of finding something new?

Why would it? Does it spoil the excitement of finding something when the devs release pictures of stuff, or when you read the patch notes? You're not getting any of the gear just because you see that it exists. Besides which, we all already know all of the gear in the game.

It's immersion-breaking. Your goal is to survive, not to go and collect the pieces of the outfit you just spent 15 minutes assembling in the menu. When this game comes out, loot might be so scarce you'll never get a chance to collect it all anyway.

No more immersion breaking than any of the other options menus. Actually less, since this won't be accessible ingame, just from the start menu. And you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

If I was suggesting adding a store ingame where you could go to try on clothing, that would be immersion breaking, but this is basically just a model viewer.

Edited by Sencha

Why would it? Does it spoil the excitement of finding something when the devs release pictures of stuff, or when you read the patch notes? You're not getting any of the gear just because you see that it exists. Besides which, we all already know all of the gear in the game.

No more immersion breaking than any of the other options menus. Actually less, since this won't be accessible ingame, just from the start menu. And you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

If I was suggesting adding a store ingame where you could go to try on clothing, that would be immersion breaking, but this is basically just a model viewer.

A model viewer for stuff you don't know even exists. It is highly immersion-breaking. If you want a game where you can try on clothes, I suggest picking up that Kim Kardashian game.

A model viewer for stuff you don't know even exists. It is highly immersion-breaking. If you want a game where you can try on clothes, I suggest picking up that Kim Kardashian game.

What do you mean "don't know even exists"? I know every item in the game. I've played the game a lot, and whenever something new is added, it's in the fucking patch notes.

You're not getting ANY new information out of a system like this, the only difference from how it is now, is that you can actually see how the gear combination will look, as opposed to having to imagine it. That's it. No other difference, no impact on gameplay. It's completely harmless.

Edited by Sencha

because u have to look good in a  apacolypse so zombies got something pretty to eat

What do you mean "don't know even exists"? I know every item in the game. I've played the game a lot, and whenever something new is added, it's in the fucking patch notes.

You're not getting ANY new information out of a system like this, the only difference from how it is now, is that you can actually see how the gear combination will look, as opposed to having to imagine it. That's it. No other difference, no impact on gameplay. It's completely harmless.

YOU know every item in this game, YOU have played it alot, YOU read the patch notes.

Does that mean the other 2.893.137 players do the same? No, not at all. One glimse on these forums, prove that fact.

Taking away precious development assest and time, to create a papir doll viewer, for the sole purpose of seeing what a coat looks like on your char, makes no sense, what so ever.

Someone will proberly mod this, after release.

I fail to see why Bohemia should waste time, on something that litteraly adds nothing to the gameplay (your own words)

• Like 1

YOU know every item in this game, YOU have played it alot, YOU read the patch notes.

Does that mean the other 2.893.137 players do the same? No, not at all. One glimse on these forums, prove that fact.

Taking away precious development assest and time, to create a papir doll viewer, for the sole purpose of seeing what a coat looks like on your char, makes no sense, what so ever.

Someone will proberly mod this, after release.

I fail to see why Bohemia should waste time, on something that litteraly adds nothing to the gameplay (your own words)

There are a lot of things in DayZ that add to the game without necessarily adding to the gameplay. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

You're talking about the game as it is now, which is miles apart from the end goal. Come full release, there might not even be enough clothes in Chernarus to throw on a matching outfit anyway. You won't have time to think about looking fashionable. You'll be lucky if you survive long enough to find a tattered rain coat. A clothing simulator has nothing to do with surviving the apocalypse. It'd only serve as a totally unnecessary feature catering to a tiny fraction of the playerbase. If you want to mix and match, do it properly.

I thought this was standalone not the sims.

Dont count with my vote, i say no to this.

Edit: All i was able to read was, lets check outfits for our dolls, kawaiii desu desu!

Edited by BrainlessZombie

You're talking about the game as it is now, which is miles apart from the end goal. Come full release, there might not even be enough clothes in Chernarus to throw on a matching outfit anyway. You won't have time to think about looking fashionable. You'll be lucky if you survive long enough to find a tattered rain coat. A clothing simulator has nothing to do with surviving the apocalypse. It'd only serve as a totally unnecessary feature catering to a tiny fraction of the playerbase. If you want to mix and match, do it properly.

Yet ghillie suits are in the game.

A first version of the ghillie suit is in the game yes. It's just netting and burlap that transforms into a splendid camouflage suit. I wouldn't get too used to that. 

There are a lot of things in DayZ that add to the game without necessarily adding to the gameplay. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Examples?

The only one i can think of, is books, but that does have an affect on gameplay aswell.

This would have absolutely none, thats why i say its a waste of time really.