Sign in to follow this  
skully172

More Bullpups

I thougth that adding more bullpup guns like the SA80, IMI Tavor TAR-21 and the F2000 would be great! Whit the Bullpup design, these weapons can have great accuracy whit their long barrels and still maintain their small size. I know that they are pretty unusual guns and pretty modern, but i think that these guns could show up on helicopter crash sites and would be pretty rare.

In fact, if they added in more than one variant of bullpup shotguns they would be SUPER rare! That way since there's more than one, you could easily find one at a crash site but only one and almost never two different ones. But things like these are not the main priority at the moment. They are working on milestones currently and any little thing that not 70% of the community thinks about (like bullpup shotguns) will not be focused on.

• Like 1

In fact, if they added in more than one variant of bullpup shotguns they would be SUPER rare! That way since there's more than one, you could easily find one at a crash site but only one and almost never two different ones. But things like these are not the main priority at the moment. They are working on milestones currently and any little thing that not 70% of the community thinks about (like bullpup shotguns) will not be focused on.

ya. what he said, we should worry more about the problem of bugs and hackers. And no, that was not meant to be a flame rant. But, there are bigger problems for the development team then the spawn rate of the bullpup. Though other variants would be cool, they'd have to be rare.

SA80 sure, but where would F2000's and Tavors come from?

That would mean Israel and Slovenia would be involved in Chernarus. (Since they're the only ones who use those guns in reasonable numbers.)

However, the F2000 is my favorite automatic rifle in existence. Maybe because of Halo. (In a real, medium range combat situation, I'd still prefer the FAL, though.)

Edited by Geckofrog7

Why is it called a bullpup anyway ? wheres the facts ! :D

If I remember correctly, it's because it's a smaller gun (a pup) with the same bite as a normal size rifle (a bulldog). I could be completely wrong, though.

Weapons end up in strange places sometimes. The StG44 was a tagged picture and was taken in a city near Aleppo.

NOo0PSUl.jpg

zOtMcabl.jpg

nbNaQwIl.jpg

5XJwG75l.png

wBCuGznl.png

Also, speaking of FALS in a thread about bullpups, have an abomination. An FAL bullpup prototype.

qnFy33sl.jpg

That would mean Israel and Slovenia would be involved in Chernarus. (Since they're the only ones who use those guns in reasonable numbers.)

However, the F2000 is my favorite automatic rifle in existence. Maybe because of Halo. (In a real, medium range combat situation, I'd still prefer the FAL, though.)

Still, the fact that Polish, Croatian, and Slovenian special forces have them means that they could've very well been used by Chernarussian Special Ops and spawn at helicopter crashsites. TAR-21 is the same, only it's used by countries like Ukraine. FAMAS & AUG could work either way because they're used by quite a few "interventionist" countries as well as Eastern European countries.

They don't necessarily have to be from foreign involvement just because they aren't Russian or Eastern European.

If I remember correctly, it's because it's a smaller gun (a pup) with the same bite as a normal size rifle (a bulldog). I could be completely wrong, though.

The actual origins of the term aren't known - It's just one of those names that denote a specific kind of weapon without any real meaning.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Atm the Steyr AUG is the only bullpup in the game.

Imo the FAMAS and possibly the FN P90 would be great weapon choices for future additions.

Edit: On second thought,i should probably mention my doubts about the P90 making the cut into the game.

Although it's a weapon with an awesome design and superior bullet feeding system,it makes use of the 5.7x28 cartridge.

Problem is,only a mere handfull of weapons make use of this rare (and expensive) Belgium manufactured round which frankly doesn't fit well with the setting of DayZ.

Edited by Damnyourdeadman

Atm the Steyr AUG is the only bullpup in the game.

Imo the FAMAS and possibly the FN P90 would be great weapon choices for future additions.

Edit: On second thought,i should probably mention my doubts about the P90 making the cut into the game.

Although it's a weapon with an awesome design and superior bullet feeding system,it makes use of the 5.7x28 cartridge.

Problem is,only a mere handfull of weapons make use of this rare (and expensive) Belgium manufactured round which frankly doesn't fit well with the setting of DayZ.

It'd be cool but they could do the PPSh-41 which uses a round fairly good at piercing armor and has high capacity mags available (71 rounds, actually higher than the P90's 50.) There's also the Bizon-2-02 which uses .380 ACP and has 64 rounds. And of course they could also introduce high capacity mags/drums for the MP5K.

So we're not really at a loss for SMGs without 5.7x28mm. The Five-SeveN and P90 are cool, and used quite a bit in Eastern Europe, but if it came down to it 7.62x25mm Tokarev would be my choice and we don't really need any other pistol calibers after that.

As an aside - I like the FAMAS and it is used but I feel like the F2000 and TAR-21 are not only used more often (more Eastern European countries have them than FAMAS rifles) but also accept STANAG mags standard, whereas the FAMAS only uses them on the G2 version.

I like the AUG's coming modularity but gameplay wise it renders the need for any other 5.56x45mm ARs moot save for variety since the big discerning factor would be modularity (The AUG would essentially only have the suppressor it has now whereas a Tavor or F2000 would have the rails for optics.) I guess they could also have the AUG only use its own mags, and have the alternate 5.56 rifle use STANAGs, though.

I like the AUG's coming modularity but gameplay wise it renders the need for any other 5.56x45mm ARs moot save for variety since the big discerning factor would be modularity (The AUG would essentially only have the suppressor it has now whereas a Tavor or F2000 would have the rails for optics.) I guess they could also have the AUG only use its own mags, and have the alternate 5.56 rifle use STANAGs, though.

I was about to say the same thing. All the 5.56x45 bullpups would be pretty much the same in terms of gameplay and the modularity of the AUG makes adding others even more unnecessary. 

A commonly used bullpup in another cartridge might be worth adding but i don't know any. 

In terms of "Bullpups" what about the AKU-94? A bullpup version of the AKM in 7,62x39mm.

K-VAR_AKU-94.jpg

The way I imagine the AKU-94 could exist in two examples:

1. The standard and easiest method is to make it a spawnable weapon at Eastern Type Crashsites and as a very rare military loot weapon. Functionally it has similar stats to the AKM, albiet with similar modifiers of the Bullpup. Plus it would feature the same optic additions, such as the PSO-1 Scope for example.
  2. When the game excepts full on weapon dismantling and/or "field stripping" a weapon for parts, players could find an AKU-94 Parts kit at Military Locations where they can combine their AKM main body reciever and the internal guts in the stock of the weapon, transforming a regular rifle into a bullpup configuration.

I was about to say the same thing. All the 5.56x45 bullpups would be pretty much the same in terms of gameplay and the modularity of the AUG makes adding others even more unnecessary. 

A commonly used bullpup in another cartridge might be worth adding but i don't know any. 

Yeah... the only reason they'd have to add one would be to remove the AUG's ability to use STANAG mags... which technically they should anyway since only specific variants of the AUG could. But then again AUG's couldn't (easily) swap their built in scopes for RIS like they will be able to in the future, so. Even then it'd only be a niche reason because for all intents and purposes the standard capacity would be 30, only difference being the newer bullpup could use the 10, 20, 40, and coupled mags, too.

Maybe in the future for variety they could but honestly I think we're pretty good for firearms as is and I'd rather see guns like the M16 for a full-length AR-15 and regular rifles with different capacities, like the IMI Galil and SG-552

As for other calibers they can do the AKU-94 which is a 7.62x39mm bullpup AKM conversion, the OTs-014 Groza, or even the Ukrainian Vepr.

Edited by Chaingunfighter
  • Like 1

Yeah... the only reason they'd have to add one would be to remove the AUG's ability to use STANAG mags... which technically they should anyway since only specific variants of the AUG could. But then again AUG's couldn't (easily) swap their built in scopes for RIS like they will be able to in the future, so. Even then it'd only be a niche reason because for all intents and purposes the standard capacity would be 30, only difference being the newer bullpup could use the 10, 20, 40, and coupled mags, too.

Maybe in the future for variety they could but honestly I think we're pretty good for firearms as is and I'd rather see guns like the M16 for a full-length AR-15 and regular rifles with different capacities, like the IMI Galil and SG-552

As for other calibers they can do the AKU-94 which is a 7.62x39mm bullpup AKM conversion, the OTs-014 Groza, or even the Ukrainian Vepr.

To add onto the AUG, as far I'm aware they only had the ability to use two types of magazines on the A1 version, standard 30 rounders and 42 rounders which were common on the H-Bar variant. I did hear that an ability to mount a drum magazine was possible, but I'd imagine a bullpup with a drum mag would be incredibly uncomfortable to hold and shoot.

Ah yes, the OTs-14 Groza and Vepr. To me I'd prefer the Vepr to being added as a bullpup analogue to the AK-74 over the OTs-14, unless they decide to add 9x39mm in which case I'll be for it. I've never like the 7,62x39 version as much personally, but old habits of Stalkers Groza and the 9x39mm round just screams nostalgia for me

To add onto the AUG, as far I'm aware they only had the ability to use two types of magazines on the A1 version, standard 30 rounders and 42 rounders which were common on the H-Bar variant. I did hear that an ability to mount a drum magazine was possible, but I'd imagine a bullpup with a drum mag would be incredibly uncomfortable to hold and shoot.

Ah yes, the OTs-14 Groza and Vepr. To me I'd prefer the Vepr to being added as a bullpup analogue to the AK-74 over the OTs-14, unless they decide to add 9x39mm in which case I'll be for it. I've never like the 7,62x39 version as much personally, but old habits of Stalkers Groza and the 9x39mm round just screams nostalgia for me

If they decide to add 9x39mm then I'd prefer the Groza... of course they could do both the Vepr and Groza. However if only two are an option then I'd say do the Groza simply because it'd also mean the VSS Vintorez/AS VAL and SR-3 - A unique rifle, sniper/DMR, and SMG; all high-tier loot justified with a specific ammo type.

If they decide to add 9x39mm then I'd prefer the Groza... of course they could do both the Vepr and Groza. However if only two are an option then I'd say do the Groza simply because it'd also mean the VSS Vintorez/AS VAL and SR-3 - A unique rifle, sniper/DMR, and SMG; all high-tier loot justified with a specific ammo type.

That I can agree with, IF it was focused on Eastern Crash Sites only. Ammo, attachments included in the loot spawns for Eastern Crashsites. Funny thought tho, if they do add Grenade Launchers in, I wonder if they would feature the GP-30 on the groza as a "built-in" attachment.

That I can agree with, IF it was focused on Eastern Crash Sites only. Ammo, attachments included in the loot spawns for Eastern Crashsites. Funny thought tho, if they do add Grenade Launchers in, I wonder if they would feature the GP-30 on the groza as a "built-in" attachment.

Well, obviously. I doubt any regular forces would be using 9x39mm weapons.

As for the GP-30 for gameplay reason it'd probably be better off not spawning with it... though I could see the utility in doing it anyway since it'd already be rare. The GP-25 in the game files will probably be a separately spawning attachment, though.

Well that explanation is good enough for me Geckoo :D